+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not selfish, do what's right for you. Hopefully they will support you in the end. Maybe they are worried that you won't cope well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    I agree that abortion is a terrible thing to ask of someone, also support is what you need.
    Is there any other reason why they think you might not be able to care for the child (other than your partner being in jail). I looked back on some of your posts and see that you have 2 other children and were on the pill when you fell pregnant this time (so I assume this was unplanned)?
    You are not being selfish, but I don't know you and your family knows more, so we can say keep the child, but dont know your living (house, finance, etc) situation.
    Do you want another child?
    Well the reason they don't want me to have this one, I am assuming, is because I am diabetic and while pregnant, diabetics tend to have many low blood sugar levels. And with my partner in jail, mum is angry SHE will have to be the one to help me if I pass out or get sick.
    I'm not the richest of people, but money isn't really an issue. My rent is low, I don't have many bills (I don't even have gas here and the owners pay the water bill) so it's just rent and electricity. I work one day a week, plus any extra time they need me, mainly just to get me out the house and doing something while my kids are at school and daycare.
    It just confusing because my mum has always been sooo happy when my sister gets pregnant, but never for me. And this is with my partner who we already have a child together and have been friends for such a long time before we got together, it's not like I'm sleeping with half the town having random babies....
    I just wish they would finally be supportive (they don't have to be happy about it) I'm emotional enough lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't know about selfish, but it doesn't sound like ideal circumstances TBH

To be completely blunt and honest, I don't know many mothers who would be over the moon that their daughter is pregnant with somebody who has obviously commited a pretty serious crime (going by his jail time)... it's not ideal.

I do hope she comes around though, you probably need your mum now more than ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is heartbreaking they are not supporting you.

Having a child is the most unselfish thing a women could do. To bring a life into the world and give up your body for 9months to grow a precious child is not in my opinion a selfish move at all.

I hope that your mother and sister come around to the idea. Still early days for them to get used to the idea that you're pregnant. Im sure once bub arrives they will be over the moon.

At the end of the day it is your body, your call. They have no right to ask you to abort a life. If anything sounds as though your mother is being selfish since she doesn't want to be the one to help look after you.

Best of luck to you hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't say your decision is selfish at all. My brother had a lot of issues, and was in and out of jail, and his partner had 4 children to him. Her parents were very concerned for her and the children and the fact she kept having more kids to a person they could see wasn't right for her upset them greatly. This wasn't the life/realtionship they imagined their daughter to have/be in and they worried about her and the kids all the time. In the end she finally broke free from my brother and has a new life. I'm not saying your situation is the same but just saying perhaps your parents have similar thoughts. I'm sure they really do love you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I respect your honesty, thank you.
    My partner is in jail for making a stupid mistake and drink driving, and hitting someone with the car and killing them. The woman who died was a great mate of his and it is affecting him mentally more than the amount of jail time he gets. His jail time is basically harder on his friends and family rather than him as a punishment. But we knew it would come to this ever since it happened in 2010, it just hurts him not actually going away until now. If he had of gone straight to jail, he'd be almost out by now.
    But, live and learn from horrible mistakes, hes NEVER drank and driven again. Instead I get a phone call to pick him up, or he walks, which is what we all wish he had of done that night....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes the closest people to us, the ones who are supposed to love us the most, share the most criticism for our decisions and most of the time it's out of love and worry. Im sure theyre just concerned for your well being and future, regardless of being a$$holes about it.

You're not selfish. I'm sorry that they aren't more supportive of you and your decision. I know the feeling.

Do what's right for you and your circumstance. Love and hugs.