+ Reply to Thread
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Women's Intuition?

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever felt sooooo negative towards a cycle and just 'knew' that it wasn't going to work, but got a BFP anyway?

My first IVF cycle I was maybe 20% positive and 80% negative. I ended up getting my BFP, but lost it at 5 weeks. Still getting over it as it only happened last month

I feel like my next BFP will be my sticky one, but I have the strongest feeling that it won't be from my up coming FET. Of course I really want it to be, but I just have the STRONGEST feeling. Maybe a second FET? Who knows!

I'm hoping some ladies can share their stories and hopefully prove me wrong when the time comes to test.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm...

31 views and no stories yet...sad panda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry for butting in. I dont have any experience with IVF (though i was a long term ttcer).

I just wanted to send some hugs and lots of baby dust. Hopefully your next BFP will be a sticky. Positive thinking and womens intuition are amazing things.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Disney Baby  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Indigo.

The problem is my 'intuition' is telling me that my FET won't be my BFP, but I truley believe that my next BFP (whenever that is) will be my sticky. I just HOPE it's my up coming FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Baby,

Interesting question! The only cycle I had a 'sixth sense' that I'd be getting BFN was my first attempt... and yep it was BFN. I've had 4 transfers after that where I didn't have any intuition as such, but was positive more than negative in my thinking. Had another 3 BFNs and one Chemical Pg.

I think that if you convince yourself mentally that you'll fail, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The mind-body connection is a bizarre (and powerful) thing.

You NEVER know which embie is going to be the one, they all have a chance .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always felt like IVF is a bit like Russian Roulette, but instead of getting a bullet, you get a baby
    It just depends which is the 'good' one. We only have 3 frosties, but apparently they are great quality.

I feel bad for saying it, but I sort of wish my first attempt was a flat out BFN. I think that I would be more positive towards other cycles then. Knowing that we got somewhat lucky on our first attempt makes me feel as though we won't be that lucky again to even get a BFP any time soon.

It's so stupid! I am being such a fence sitter and I'm not even undergoing an IVF cycle yet! I am in my months break inbetween cycles.

For my FET, I am 90% negative, 5% positive, and 5% dillusional that I will get a natural BFP while waiting!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I got a positive with donor cycle last year and lost it at 7 1/2 weeks then has FET in November. Was so sure it was not going to work nearly booked flights for another FET in January. I am nearly 20 weeks with twins from the November transfer so it is possible to get back to back positives

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannabb For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (20-03-2012),Disney Baby  (20-03-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant 8 years ago and just "knew" even before we'd finished cuddling. By the next morning I knew her name. Didn't even do a HPT until 8 weeks. Unfortunately I lost her at 12 weeks, but have been amazed at the strength of that intuition since.
    One of the biggest mind Fu(ks of IVF has been wanting and expecting that knowing to happen again . Was so desperate for it last transfer I convinced myself I was utd and was having another girl. I'm not sure I trust that sense now, but hope you're right and will have a BFP soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just bringing this thread up again as I have started my FET cycle with a possible transfer end of next week, and would like some more stories.

After I posted this, the negativness went away, but now that it is coming towards the business end of the cycle, those negative thoughts are creeping back.

I was glad to hear that of my 3 frosties, 2 of them are 8 cells and the other is 9 cells!
    Now it all comes down to how many will survive the thaw and continue to grow to day 5 (which is what my clinic suggested I do).

More stories please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All the best, wishing you loads of sticky dust

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post: