+ Reply to Thread
    Sydney, NSW
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default S*x in marriage and TTC

Hi everyone

My, my where do I start?

Ok so my DH and I are trying to conceive and have been since August last year. I miscarried 1st March this month and we are ready to start trying again. My question is, has anyone else found it hard to take the TTC part out of it and just do some lovemaking? Onoce upon a time I was a s*xpot (sorry for the TMI) and I loved having it as much as I could. My DH and I used to fight over it as he isn't as highly driven as myself in that regard and I was always hassling him to give me more.

I was put on anti depressants last October due to depression and anxiety recurring and now I seriously can't be bothered DTD. I have zilch s*x drive and now the roles have majorly reversed. My DH wants it and I'm like "GO AWAY". It really isn't him as I know it is me but it's hard on him and I feel bad. I only ever want to when I'm ovulating in the hope I'll fall pregnant but other than that I don't feel the need to. I don't miss it as I love just cuddling with my DH but I know he needs more at times.

How can I get a little more excited and take the TTC part out of it and just enjoy lovemaking with my DH? Has anyone else felt this way? I feel like a terrible wife as we are newly married too so the honeymoon phase should still be lingering. I really am content with how things are but I guess I would like to have more of a s*x drive but I just don't know how to get it back. Once I'm in the mood and it's happening it's fine but it's just getting myself to that place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to know I'm not the only one so I don't feel so terrible about it.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you talked to your doctor about the side effect you're experiencing? Perhaps you would be better on another AD or the dr may have a suggestion on how to fix it. Good luck