+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was put in after the spinal. No it didn't hurt coming out just felt like i needed to pee.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They put in it after the epi/spinal. Mine came out after the drugs wore off... so it bloody hurt.

I was very uncomfortable for a week after the catheder came out. It hurt to sit/stand etc. Hurt way more than my stiches post V birth and much more pain. Ended up using pawpaw ointment externally to reduce the inflammation and burning sensation plus drank heaps of water to flush the system and possible UTI. Also used to pour water over myself as I went to the toilet to reduce the burning sensation. Or had a shower every time I had to pee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    They put in it after the epi/spinal. Mine came out after the drugs wore off... so it bloody hurt.

I was very uncomfortable for a week after the catheder came out. It hurt to sit/stand etc. Hurt way more than my stiches post V birth and much more pain. Ended up using pawpaw ointment externally to reduce the inflammation and burning sensation plus drank heaps of water to flush the system and possible UTI. Also used to pour water over myself as I went to the toilet to reduce the burning sensation. Or had a shower every time I had to pee.
    That sounds horrible
    Did you ask the docs about it being so sore after? Doesn't sound right...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Mine was done after my spinal/epi do I did not feel it go in.

When the nurse took it out a few days later (I was delayed getting out of bed due to blood loss so it was left in) it didn't hurt. Just felt weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    That sounds horrible
    Did you ask the docs about it being so sore after? Doesn't sound right...

The catheter caused topical damage when I was pushing bubs out. DD had a 38cm head and i thing churned that whole area up a bit

Because I suffered no ill effects from the actual birth I felt the pain from the catheter more.

Never thought a small catheter could cause more pain than a 4kg bub!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felt nothing in or out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i gave birth to my breech DD 12mths ago via c-section.

For me, they inserted the catheter after the eppidural and just before surgery. Yes i was completely numb and felt nothing. Although they told me what they were doing and said i might feel a little "tickle"!!! - i felt not a thing.

Believe you me after 9mths of feeling the urge to pee every 5 mins, having a catheter IS THE MOST AMAZING FEELING EVER! its like your bladder is on holidays! I was marveled by the thought of pee-ing...and not knowing about it!! I watched that pee bag fill up without any discomfort!!! amazing stuff!

It was taken out on day 2- ohhhh and i had to pee on my own again.
    Yes i felt it, its a small tube being ever so gently pulled from inside you. After everything you go thru with a c-section, getting the catheter removed is nothing, really. It felt weird for alll of 2 seconds, but i was more dissapointed in the fact that i had to feel that urge to pee again lol

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Ferney; 20-03-2012 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My first was after the spinal. With my 2nd they refused to do it after and instead did it before. I got a student middie who did it wrong and had to redo it twice. It was actually rather painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for all the replies I am hospital now waiting and have been told I have to have the catheter BEFORE my spinal arrrggghh scary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndtimemumma View Post
    thanks for all the replies I am hospital now waiting and have been told I have to have the catheter BEFORE my spinal arrrggghh scary
    Did you just say 'okay'?? I would ask them if there was any way they could do it after the spinal. Dont just accept something if you are not happy with it, question it, ask why.