+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much cleaning/tidying per day

Just curious about how much cleaning you do every day. We have 7 children, and I do struggle to keep on top of it.

do you prioritise certain chores/tasks?
    how many hours, on average, do you spend cleaning?
    what does your routine look like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too many! We have a chore roster, kids have to help too. I keep on top of the washing but hate the folding so always have baskets everywhere lol. Dishes must be done, drives ms nuts having a messy kitchen. We are expecting number 6

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenlicken79 For This Useful Post:

babylily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think aslong as dishes dont pile up for days and the clothes are being washed asap its not a big deal, also with so many kids vaccuuming &,mopping every couple days would be essential and cleaning toilets. Folding clothes isnt a huuge deal - at least they are clean. Older kids can fold & put their own away and even help with the younger kids stuff? All the kids (except ones too little to understand) can pack all their toys away before dinner or bed or if theres visitors coming/your going out ect. Im not sure what ages your kids are, but the ones who do things could possibly get a few dollars each week 'pocket money' to maybe buy a magazine, get lunch at school ect.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ash93 For This Useful Post:

babylily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I never do enough.

I can't do much at all ATM, stupid bed rest

The way we are managing it is,
    The oldest ds puts on a load of washing after school and then the oldest dd and ds take turns at pegging it out. Everyone helps with the floor etc... of a avro. Anything that can wait we do on the weekend. So about 1 1/2 hrs on a week day
    Then on the weekend we do all jobs that can wait until then ( about 3 to 4 hours)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

babylily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 8 children and my house is often messy. i vacuum, sweep and do washing every day plus clean the bathroom/toilet and kitchen daily. i mop daily as well. i often dont get time to fold washing or put it away. windows get cleaned before inspections (as i rent) bedrooms done only once a week. at the end of the day i may have clean dishes waiting to be put away and toys on the floor, more washing to do. and a house that looks like i have not cleaned in a month. no matter how much i clean it, somehow it never improves. with kids in it all day it is a constant job.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfamily For This Useful Post:

babylily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not really just have a routine that is the same

2 to 4 max

I clean the kids rooms, make the beds and pick up dirty clothes and take the baskets to the laundry, I then clean the bathrooms toilets etc and pick up living room and kitchen last, I then start laundry. Sweep and mop the house and vac the carpets. I usually vac in the AM and then again before I go to bed. The kitchen gets swept and mopped after each meal. Then I have the weekly things empty and wipe out fridge and cupboards, scrub the tub and shower, sweep the garage, vac the couch cushions stuff like that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

babylily  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 4 under 7 do heaps but best invention ever... The steam mop. The kids are fighting over who gets to mop. Of course there are strict rules but my floors have never been so clean. Washing however is never ending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 kids, my kids clean their own rooms, rinse their dishes and pick up anything laying around, but actual housework, I just wash dishes after each meal, vacuum every second day and clean toilets/bathrooms twice a week (or when needed with the kids' toilet) plus do a load of washing every second day. Floors get mopped when needed but my house is mostly carpet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Not really just have a routine that is the same

2 to 4 max

I clean the kids rooms, make the beds and pick up dirty clothes and take the baskets to the laundry, I then clean the bathrooms toilets etc and pick up living room and kitchen last, I then start laundry. Sweep and mop the house and vac the carpets. I usually vac in the AM and then again before I go to bed. The kitchen gets swept and mopped after each meal. Then I have the weekly things empty and wipe out fridge and cupboards, scrub the tub and shower, sweep the garage, vac the couch cushions stuff like that.
    You are wonder woman.. Where do you get the energy??? I've only got 4 and they wear me out. My kids are dd14 ds12 ds9 and dd4months.
    My dd14 is the worst at keeping things clean... Won't help unless I threaten to take stuff away.
    Ds12 is getting lazy use to help me a lot more.
    Ds9 roller coasters one min best help next I'm the worst mum for making him clean his room.
    I'm knackered trying to keep up. I don't have a routine as such.