+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nausea and extreme hunger.

Im in my first trimester (roughly 6w2d) and havent been throwing up yet, but i am waking up about 2am with EXTREME hunger, like so hungry it hurts but i dont particuly feel like eating?? this morning i had a big drink of water and it seemed to help and i went back to bed and started feeling realllll queasy, so i took a maxolon and that took about 1/2 hr to kick in and then hungry again, i just had 2 bits of fruit toast and im still sooo hungry, but if i eat any more i start feeling sick again, i just cant win, i never had this with DD it was just eat and spew.
    And i really dont want to rely on maxalon, im still really scared that it might not be safe and i have been having it everyday

This really sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might just need to constantly graze rather than trying to have more meal sized snacks? When I was in the worst of MS I just nibbled on saladas constantly. Ginger cookies or ale are another good one You could keep some by your bed so if you wake up feeling off you can have a nibble. I didn't feel like eating either but it was the only thing that helped, provided I didn't eat too much at a time. Maxolon is safe (my GP prescribed me some too) but I wouldn't want to be taking it every day either, would be better to find another way to deal with it. Good luck!

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been told those milk arrowroot biscuits are good to keep by the bed, I haven't had to try it though.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Protein! Seriously it will help heaps keep some almonds next to your bed for late night hunger pangs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh it is sooooo horrible isn't it!
    I was like this, really sick & nauseous until about 10 weeks then, the nausea eased a little and I was only vomiting once a day up to 15 weeks, then it magically stopped! I didn't take maxalon, I only took an anti nausea once when I had a 6 hour flight, I just tried to deal with it but it was so awful so i really understand how you feel.
    I found no magic cure - something might work for a day but not again.
    Ginger tea helped a bit.
    Soup or salad sometimes worked.
    dry crackers worked a bit.
    smoothies sometimes ...
    But really the first 10 weeks were hopeless in regards to food.

Nurse told me to eat when and what I could and not to worry too much, as long as you are on vitamins .... but even these were difficult to keep down!
    baby will take what it needs and leave you in deficit.

Once it stopped I felt soooo fantastic ... I didn't have to chew my food into tiny tiny pieces knowing it was going to come back up!
    Only benefit is I lost some weight at the start so it meant that overall I have not put on too much weight once I could start eating - it seems to have balanced out.

Good Luck, hang in there, it will pass eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later - I really sympathise

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

PuppyGuts  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was exactly the same for the first 5-6 weeks on and off every day! I had gingernut biscuits!! I would have a little container of them in my handbag and some at home, and would be the first thing I would wake up to! I couldn't eat much for so long so just one bicky would make my stomach feel better for a little while, and it always seemed to help nearly instantly. I could at least get up and get stuff done. I also found milk helped, but I always seem to love milk more when pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep going through exactly the same thing. Started round 6 weeks and its still here (12 weeks). I sometimes just sit and rock in bed its thats awful. Im constantly hungry, even after I have eaten loads and am all bloated,but I feel completely sick at the same time. The nausea is horrid, 24/7. I dry retch about 10 times an hour.

I am trying to sleep the days away.

I am just praying for the day I start to feel a little better.
    I have found nothing that helps im afraid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this for about the first 19 weeks and found chocolate milk was my lifesaver!! I still get really nauseous esp with meat smells etc and choc milk always helps!