+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PP bleeding OR period ??

I had my c section on the 16th feb , I stopped bleeding about 5 days ago but today has all of a sudden come back bright red, not heavy but just thought it was strange it was bright red as when my bleeding slowed down it turned into a more darkish red colour!! So I'm wondering is this still pp bleeding or could this be my first period after having bub?? I didn't think I would get it this quickly and haven't heard of it happening!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure of the exact answer as I don't know much about C-sections, however I've just got my 1st period since giving birth naturally and it is also an insanely bright red!!! It's honestly the colour of my lounge room wall (not that I'll tell my hubbie that!!).

If there was a gap between your post-birth bleeding and now this I would assume it was a period...

Hope that helps!

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you happen to be on the mini pill? I stopped bleeding by about week 8 after an emergency csection and then about 4 weeks later it started up again, spotting, and sometimes heavy bright red until 7 months, when I had scans and went back to my ob, who told me that the mini pill is the biggest cause for irregular bleeding! I stopped taking it and within 2 days the bleeding stopped! Good luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not on the mini pill and not breast feeding either!!
    The gap was only about 5 days or so!! I guess I should just assume that it is a period then at my 6 wk check up my doc will give me my depo shot as he won't do it untill I have had my first period pp!
    That's how I feel pregnant with such a close gap! My periods are normally irregular due to pcos and I didn't think I had one so e wouldn't give me the shot and condoms aren't always the best protection when things get heated too quickly!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well you just got me all excited saying you have PCOS, so do I!!! We think it's an absolute miracle we fell pregnant as I was told it would be a challenge for me... you've had lots of miracles - how wonderful!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KatieMarie For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It could quite well be your period, but it can't hurt to check with your gp or ob.I had a c/s and my bleeding seemed to stop about 3 weeks later, then a few days after I passed 2 gigantic clots and bled profusely, had an internal u/s done and I had blood trapped in a pocket around the uterine scarring. The doc said if the bleeding didn't stop within a week I'd need to get it checked out further and have the blood removed so it didn't cause an infection (as it was old just sitting there).That was bright red too, after turning very light browny pinky colour.Hopefully it's just your AF, but thought I'd better mention my experience just incase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    The doc said if the bleeding didn't stop within a week I'd need to get it checked out further and have the blood removed so it didn't cause an infection (as it was old just sitting there).That was bright red too, after turning very light browny pinky colour
    I saw the Dr y'day and she said the same thing, if mine doesn't stop in a wk I'd need to get an ultrasound....

Always best to ask the question if you're concerned - and hopefully your medical centre bulk-bills when it's birth/baby related???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieMarie View Post
    Well you just got me all excited saying you have PCOS, so do I!!! We think it's an absolute miracle we fell pregnant as I was told it would be a challenge for me... you've had lots of miracles - how wonderful!!
    I was told the same thing after it was discovered during my first c/s, they told me that i had millions of cysts on both ovaries and falling pregnant again may be a challenge without fertility drugs. Each of my children i have fallen naturally There is still hope no matter what they say

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemma87 For This Useful Post:

KatieMarie  (22-03-2012)