+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Oragulatan dose....

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me
    I have to start my orangutalan dose tonight and there is no dosage written in my protocol or on the box! I tried to ring the clinic but thet have no after hours contact number. I am currently taking 225 gonalf daily. The syringe is 250 so obviously its not a dose of 225?????? can anyone shed any light of what sounds right? Should I not do a dose tonight and just catch up tommorow night? My EPU is 27th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure this helps but I'm on an antagonist cycle atm, I'm on gonal f 150 and orgalutran 250 the whole syringe... Can you ring your doctors clinic? They may have an emergency contact number on the answering machine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been instructed to inject the whole syringe. I'm not sure if it is even possible to measure out a different dosage? I was on a very very low dose of puregon (63IU) and I still had to inject the whole syringe.

Good luck - I know how stressful it can be not knowing what dosage of drugs you should be taking, I had a similar issue a few weeks back but it all turned out fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thanks for you replies...Im still not sure. There is no emergency number on the message machine
    I was thinking well maybe it is just 225 the same as the FSH but that means then I would have no orangulatan to take tommorow night as my scan is not until Wednesday. What does the orangulatan do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This information leaflet might help you

http://www.mydr.com.au/cmis/ReducedPDFs/CMR08519.pdf

Orgalutran stops you from ovulating. If you ovulate then there won't be any eggs to be picked up.

The leaflet says that the usual dosage is one pre-filled syringe. I've been on three different dosages of FSH and have always injected the whole syringe. I am assuming that you're supposed to inject the whole syringe and then go back to the clinic tomorrow to pick up some more.

Is there an out of hours number in any of your paperwork?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep the whole syringe Hun, it is different to your gonal, but u don't want to skip taking it either. If its the only one u have u will need to get more tomorrow, like someone else said it stops you ovulating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to crash but I just read that as orangutan dose!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol - that's what DH and I call it. It's much easier to remember it that way!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rittzy For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely NOT skip the dose tonight. Orgalutran is the drug designed to stop you ovulating so that you do not lose the follicles / eggs you are stimulating with the GonalF.
    My Orgalutran was always a single dose per needle. That is, you just inject the whole contents of the syringe. Dud your FS give you multiple Orgalutran syringes? If so, that means there is one syringe per night until you are advised to stop (everyone is different, but I did around 7 days of Orgalutran injections). Then you will do the Injection if the drug that induces ovulation (mine was called 'Ovidrel')

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Thanks for the replies... They have only given me the one syringe. Im going to take half and then ring them tommorow.

Thanks ladies I will let u know what they say.