+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recommend me a new washing machine please!!

I have two kids, one is in full time MCNs, and a tradie husband so have loads and loads of washing (pardon the pun). I wash daily, if not twice some days.

Our LG front loader is on the blink and I need a new washing machine ASAP - but what to buy? I'v heard Miele is the way to go but at $1499 a pop it seems a bit too expensive....

Samsung bubble wash 7.5kg? Or Electrolux? Or other?

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Miele and it's great. Before that I had a Whirlpool front loader and I loved that too.

If you're in a major city try Seconds World or similar - very good prices for appliances that have slight cosmetic damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm very happy with my Bosche, but they're not super cheap either.

Call around and get the best cash price. Lots of places will haggle if you ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love our Bosch!!! Especially the 15 min wash cycle, 4.5 star energy/water rating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just got the Samsung 7.5kg EcoBubble about 4 months ago and love it. No mcns here but it does need to deal with horse poo routinely thanks to DH's work! I run a load nearly every a day and about 3-4 loads on weekend days.

I got it because it looked well made - direct drive, super-fast spin, fair price, wide door opening (no trouble with clothes falling out while loading) and heaps of customisable settings. The latter I've really started to play with lately adding soak cycles and extra rinses, adjusting spin speeds (spinning towels at 1400 makes them too dry and they line dry crunchy) and have started to use less and less poweder which is working well too.

I was ironing some sewing in the laundry while it was on spin and a pin fell to the floor and I heard it drop... eg. the spin cycle is so quiet you can actualy hear a pin drop.

ETA: it also had a good energy rating as well as the good WELS rating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 7.5kg Miele and it's fantastic. It was almost 2 grand but they last. My in-laws have had theirs for 15 years and it's still going so if you think about it that way it really doesn't work out to be very expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    anything from Miele is FABULOUS!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    we have a fisher-pykel. works great. we have 7kg not 7 1/2 as we were told by a friend in the biz that there is no difference in actual size between them just the agitator style. one has a nobbie short style and the other (7kg) has the long one and a cheaper price tag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay away from electrolux after 2 years the whole barrel fell out! It was just out of warranty and they wanted to charge me to fix it! Lots of phone calls consumer affairs and it took about a month to fix! Big thumbs down. I think whirlpool is the same company. It's not even a good washer

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Love our Bosch!!! Especially the 15 min wash cycle, 4.5 star energy/water rating
    Ditto.

We have the 8kg version and it's great, fast and really quiet.