+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Advice needed please! No period while on pill - Yaz

Hi ladies,

As the title suggests, I'm just after some advice about the pill from some of those who may have experienced the same thing. Any replies at all will be appreciated!!

After my m/c, my ob/gyn had put me on the pill called Yaz. So far, this will be my second cycle on this pill. Yaz only has four sugar pills & I normally get AF on the second sugar pill.

So far I've taken the third sugar pill & no AF...not even any sign of it. No cramps & no spotting. Very weird for me as I usually get quite a bad AF.

I had missed a pill in the middle of my cycle due to me waking up 15 mins before I was due to start work & was soooo late. That day turned into a 15 hour day at work, so I totally missed it. A couple days later I had light spotting.

I have done a home pregnancy test today & its coming out negative. I didn't have any left earlier so have only just taken the test, which obviously wasn't done with first morning urine. But by now, if I was preg then it shouldn't matter what time of the day I took it, should it??

I had previously been on the pill prior to TTC for about 10 years & I've never missed AF when on the sugar pills.

So, does anyone have any advice?? I just don't know whats going on with my body, so frustrating. Oh & I'm waiting for AF to arrive, so I can go off the pill & start clomid on cycle day 2. So frustrating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal!! You may get a very light period or just a thickening of mucous for a few days! This one works that way for me. Also it doesn't tend to happen until day 5 or 6 basically the first couple of days back ON the hormone pills after the gap is over.

Also you might find it comes back a bit more normally after 3-4 months. And you *might* get a breakthrough in the first couple of months.

Don't panic though
    Oh missed the last bit - if you're not going onto a new cycle give it a week or so for the light af symptoms I mentioned above. It might take another month before you get an af convincing enough to start clomid though. I know sometimes on yaz I don't even realise I have it - so light and just slightly pink CM is all I have so you can miss it when it's like that!
    Last edited by mimsie; 19-03-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh missed the last bit - if you're not going onto a new cycle give it a week or so for the light af symptoms I mentioned above. It might take another month before you get an af convincing enough to start clomid though. I know sometimes on yaz I don't even realise I have it - so light and just slightly pink CM is all I have so you can miss it when it's like that!