+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I had one of these seats a fair few years ago now when DS was still young (he's 7 now). It wasn't very good. It looked exactly the same as my mothers choice one and was i would say the exact same quality of the mothers choice... so i wonder if they are made by the same company?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have a Baby Love Prelude 0-18kg seat that rear faces to 12kg, got it from kmart for under $150. My DS1 who weighs 16kg and is 2 months off turning 4 still fits in it, just.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a ZuZu and I haven't had a problem with it except for getting DS in and out as the belts in the way which makes in difficult most of the time. I think i've worked it out though so nothing wrong with it. It does have markings for shoulder line to be at before turning and we got it put in by people that check seats for safety. I shook it around once installed and it seems sturdy. The harness fits DS perfectly. I haven't seen any issues and it doesn't seem flimsy to me. I did get it from Big W, they had all their seats out to check and it fit all our needs, we didn't want to buy several car seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I will play it safe and get a Safe n Sound seat. I have 6 weeks to pay it off and then the mum will be paying me so it will only be a tough few weeks. I've pretty much only had SnS except dd is now in an Infa Secure booster seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Thankyou, but I am looking for an affordable carseat, sold in local stores, to put in my car.
    Yes so do I but what I call affordable is something that will last and not need replacing because its cheap and nasty like some Aust approved seats.

Safensound are sold in local stores last time I checked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    Yes so do I but what I call affordable is something that will last and not need replacing because its cheap and nasty like some Aust approved seats.

Safensound are sold in local stores last time I checked
    Yeah I will stick with the ones I know. Safe n Sound are in baby shops. We were cut off due to flooding and dangerous road conditions today, but I will look tomorrow and maybe layby one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if this is helpful but I got a mothers choice convertible seat as a second seat (for after bub grows out of capsule) on sale from target for $129 (I think). If you have a little time it may be worth seeing if something comes on sale? Otherwise my SIL has a hipod that she loves, and it does seem quite sturdy. My 1 year old niece always seems very comfy and I thiiinnnkkk they are well priced!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephew was in a Mother's Choice, then he hit 9kg but was still too little so I gave them a Hipod Capri that reversed to 12kg but he outgrew that, too, so his grandmother bought him a Safe n Sound Meridian, which is out of my price range. The Mother's Choice one never did feel right to me, but I will buy a Safe n Sound if there is one I can afford, otherwise a Hipod.