+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Zuzu birth to 18kg carseat

Anyone heard of Zuzu carseats? I'm not familiar with these at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i know they are sold in Big W are very cheap and the ones i've had a look at seem very light and flimsy not that it means anything as they would have had to pass aus standards

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one got it from big w

I got it as it was a good price and bargain and looked good quality and nice compact size for our car but only can rear face to 9 kgs it Passes all safety standards but if bub gets to big may need to upgrade suppose to be birth to 4 but advertises on their own website birth to toddler guess depends on your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah ok, I need one that reverses to 12kg. Hipod will probably win, but they are really short so unless kids are tiny I can't see it lasting beyond 2. I have a new Maxi Rider so they could possibly go into that, but was hoping to get one that would do birth to 4 and reverse to 12kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Ah ok, I need one that reverses to 12kg. Hipod will probably win, but they are really short so unless kids are tiny I can't see it lasting beyond 2. I have a new Maxi Rider so they could possibly go into that, but was hoping to get one that would do birth to 4 and reverse to 12kg.
    I was hoping the same!! Hence why I got it as advertised for birth -4 but recently found out can only reverse to 9kgs and up to toddler ...so not happy should have researched better!! So will need to purchase a better one later on!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenata View Post
    i know they are sold in Big W are very cheap and the ones i've had a look at seem very light and flimsy not that it means anything as they would have had to pass aus standards
    yes but keeping in mind that Aust standards are also very light and flimsy, we don't even have isofix seats yet which have been around for years and so much safer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    yes but keeping in mind that Aust standards are also very light and flimsy, we don't even have isofix seats yet which have been around for years and so much safer
    Thankyou, but I am looking for an affordable carseat, sold in local stores, to put in my car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got a hipod cairo from Target for $199 and it goes from birth to 4, it doesn't have a weight limit but has lines marked where their shoulders must be below for both rearward and forward facing, it is quite tall and my 13kg DD (little 3yr 7 month old) is just above the maximum height for rear facing but her legs would be bent a fair bit when reclined and bolted in. (she was playing in it before it was in the car :-))

Not sure if that's helpful or not but I thought it was a good value seat that was a fair bit bigger than the safe n sound convertible that she was in before :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

share a book  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    I just got a hipod cairo from Target for $199 and it goes from birth to 4, it doesn't have a weight limit but has lines marked where their shoulders must be below for both rearward and forward facing, it is quite tall and my 13kg DD (little 3yr 7 month old) is just above the maximum height for rear facing but her legs would be bent a fair bit when reclined and bolted in. (she was playing in it before it was in the car :-))

Not sure if that's helpful or not but I thought it was a good value seat that was a fair bit bigger than the safe n sound convertible that she was in before :-)
    Thanks, I didn't know they had changed, I will look at those. I will have an Infa Secure and a Maxi Rider, too, which I have in the car now.