+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i think i understand where you are comming from. I have a 13mth old who is into everything and anything. Although she does still nap twice a day, whe she is awake it's non stop.

Sometimes i feel like im so focused on my DD the rest of my brain has gone to mush. Sometimes i cant even string 2 sentences together. We are TTc #2 atm and i would like to go back to some part-time study just to get my brain out of baby mode and exercise it a bit. But with DD being so demanding and active when she sleeps, so do i! Im exhausted.

When i reach out to people, i find they are not the support i had hoped for. My mother's groups are full of women i dont naturaly click with and i struggle to talk to them.
    I dont have many friends and do feel isolated and lonley alot of the time.
    My family live 2hrs away and they r the closest.

I am trying to get out and about to the toddler library sessions, i take DD swimming weekly or so and i'm looking for a playgroup in the time slot she is awake for - but thats hard. I like the idea of gymbaroo but it's too expensive for us.

Im doing all i can to involve myself socially. I think its also important to get DD socially active as well.

I do also find myself counting down the hours untill DH arrives home.

I do enjoy my DD, she is amazing, i love her and she makes me smile every day. She is happy and thriving i'd do anything for her. My life is better since having her in it.

In the end, im so thankfull for having the role as a mummy. There is no greater thing in life. Yes, the road ahead sometimes gets twisted and rocky. But, really, it all comes down to what we have right now, what we have created and what we are nurturing. My baby girl loves me unconditionally, she doesnt care about my "bad days" she doesnt even know i have them! She still smiles and laughs and makes me happy. Im greatful for her and i love her for making me feel like i have a real purpose in life

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessii83 View Post
    I am 28w pregnant with my second and have a 2 year old. Im starting to wonder if I have slight depression.

I feel like I have no one to talk to and everyone around me seems so needy. Im extremely tired, although having troubles sleeping, cant catch up on sleep, have a full on 2 year old and a needy husband. Which I feel is all starting to kind of fall in on me. Im starting to get teary all the time because Im just kind of over it all and im not sure im coping to well. I can't find one thing that is for me at the moment and its not going to get any better once this bub is born.

All I do is clean house, cook, chase etc. There isn't even a "Me" time movie or TV show. People are telling me to slow down but this doesn't help in the way of the support I feel I need. My 2 year old doesn't nap, so I dont get a rest there. My hubby is having a change in career and also very needy in the bedroom dep (he hasn't had any for a week and this is hell on him and Im the biggest ***** out there) and our relationship seems to be rocky due to all this.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to cope, im losing my mind. I have hit a point were im enjoying nothing, feeling mopy and zombie like (same routines) and making everyone else happy when Im just not seems to be hard for them to understand. I just want to hide in a box until this baby is born. My energy seems ok for my 2 year old up until about 2-3pm but by the time my hubby gets home at 5.30-6.00 im done, this is after cooking dinner as well. I really have no idea what to do.

Even just to have some of you lovely ladies pop in some ideas for me, share your experience or show a tiny bit of support would be fantastic.

Thank you so much. <3

Lost Mummy
    Hi there, jessii83.

I don't know why I have not seen this thread until now, I usually try my best to keep an eye on this area. Firstly, I don't know if you have seen this thread, but here is some bubhub information about AND.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...pression-(AND)

I'm sad to hear that you are having a difficult time at the moment. You have received a lot of really helpful responses already, I agree with everything that has been said and suggested. Just thought I would

I had antenatal depression during my last pregnancy, and I can relate to what you are describing. It is quite common to feel emotional and overwhelmed during pregnancy at times, but I think you are doing the right thing by acknowledging that you are struggling. It could be that you are developing AND, and I definitely think it is worth mentioning how you are feeling to your DH and your GP/perinatal health providers. It is really upsetting to hear that your DH is not more supportive in the bedroom, $ex is usually the least thing we want when we are heacily pregnant and feeling depressed.

In addition to seeing your GP or other perinatal health professionals, there might be other services in your community who can be helpful for you in this time. I can really recommend that you call PANDA. (Post and Antenatal Depression Association - www.panda.org.au - Call 1300 726 306) PANDA provides phone counselling and information and referrals to support services. They have a large database with information about perinatal support services in the community. I have had many dealings with them, and they have always been brilliantly helpful and supportive! There is help out there, but it is really difficult to ever imagine things getting better when we are in the midst of feeling like this. That's what the rest of us are here for; to support you and remind you that things usually do get better.

Lastly, I want to mention the private PND/AND discussion area on the forum. The area is a place where sufferers of perinatal depression can come together for support, education and general chat. The discussion area has been a really great success so far. It is a really supportive space full of intelligent, funny, understanding and supportive ladies who have experiences with PND and/or AND. We agree that talking privately with others in a similar situation has been really therapeutic and positive for us, so we are continuing to look for others who want to join our lovely "family".

If you want access, please contact the moderator veve and ask for access to the area. (Please specify that it is the PND/AND are) When you do have access, you can find the area here: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...scussion-areas

Please look after yourself, and please know that you are not alone.
    Last edited by MuminMind; 23-03-2012 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First off hugs you sound like me when I was pregnant with my number 2, however I had my Fridays to look forward to every Friday DS1 is in child care, I know it help save me and keep me sane it was my me day it's not a lot I know 1 day a week but both DS and I were better for it.
    As for hubby I think you need to try and explain how you feel I know that can be very hard cause they just don't understand.
    Best of luck and please feel free to MSG me if you need to chat