+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 242 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question if any of you have been told to take Pregnyl injections AFTER your ET. What is their purpose for this? Just wondering Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedcaz View Post
    Just a question if any of you have been told to take Pregnyl injections AFTER your ET. What is their purpose for this? Just wondering Thanks!
    Nope, not me - can't help you there!
    Maybe it's a progesterone type if support... I've been advised to go completely natural this time

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Maybe it's a progesterone type if support... I've been advised to go completely natural this time

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    I was told to only use 2 progesterone Pessaries one in the morning, one at night and take 1 Cardiprin tablet (prevents blood clotting) per day after the ET. Hmmm!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out BFN again oh well guess we are up to attempt number 5. Have my FS appointment end of June so I will probably be going through my next cycle either late June depending when my AF arrives or late July. Good luck to all you amazing ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi Caz

I quizzed my nurse about pregnyl when I was in recovery after EPU she said that Crinone is the same thing and crinone is more commonly used these days.
    Thanks for the info Meshell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear Eaglegirl.

From all I've been reading about how horrible Crinone is I'm glad that (to my knowledge) I won't be using it! I don't know if the pessaries are much better, but I don't see nearly as many people complaining of awful side-effects from them..

About to do my morning jabs. 3rd Gonal-F today, and so far no side effects that I can tell. I am always feeling tired though and get headaches on and off all day, but I've been getting that since I started the Lucrin so it could be that. Plus I'm a bit anxious and stressed over the Brisbane relocation.. My DH leaves in a week from Saturday and there's still so much that needs to be organised with the move, but half his office is away on either leave or business so he doesn't know how he's supposed to get anyone to assist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    Hi there,
    I've had pregnyl support and injections this time round as well.
    It can be given as a trigger in which case it mimics the action of LH.
    And causes the ovary to Induce ovulation.
    However when you give it with a FET it prepares the uterine lining. Makes endometrium thick ready for implantation and I think by negative feedback with trigger ovaries to produce progesterone.
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Pregnyl post ET is for progesterone support as is crinone and pessaries. (Pregnyl will give false positives but crinone and pessaries won't.)
    The one and only time I have used crinone (avoid it now as it's evil) I rubbed myself raw and used canestan (sp?) thrush cream on the outside to ease the itch and it worked.
    Thanks so much for this info! I ran out of progesterone Pessaries last night on my last one so I picked some up this morning but now I understand it all lol. Thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those wondering how early is too early to POAS... for what it's worth... I didn't get a line until 9dp5dt (and I POASed at 5 & 7dp5dt).

And read this sticky thread to give you an idea as to when hCG might be detectable:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...r-what-happens

Also be aware that you may have a late implanter, so production of hCG could be out by a few days.

Just wanting to bring this to your attention, because if you are using FRER I think they are too expensive to waste

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minxyq For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (24-05-2012),tattooedcaz  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for the advice this thread is so helpful. I had my egg hunt on Mon & currently have 1x6cells & 3x8cells so I am hoping that 1 will make it to Sat then i can be moved to the 2ww (fun times ahead)
    I was told just after surgery that my lining was 6mm & was put on Progynova - I'm a lil worried that my oven won't reach the right lining/temp has anyone else had this prob?