FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Lightbulb Roll Call

So I thought everyone might like a roll call .

Please feel free to update/change details as necessary, especially if I've got anything wrong. Obviously most of us are in limbo land now, but that will change when May rolls around.

To change/update just choose 'reply with quote' under the most recent roll call (so no-one's update gets lost), then remove the quotation marks under & above the roll call, then delete/move your name to where you want it. Or ask & someone will do it. Doing it this way will keep it all pretty, whereas straight copy & paste tends to undo all the pretty formatting.

I apologise if I've left anyone off . Please add yourself. Obviously if you don't want to be on it feel free to remove yourself from the roll call.
    Last edited by ertgirl; 11-04-2012 at 22:55.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (12-04-2012),Della77  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Ertgirl
    Allymumtobe
    Ms Jo
    Nicole83
    Sariele
    Dreamin
    dancingbutterfly
    Nala9000
    emmylou81
    rae81
    Motherwillbe
    Eaglegirl
    Cluckyduck

Waiting for AF

Pill Popping
    Girl X
    Della77

Sniffing or Jabbing (Lucrin)

Jabbing

Sniffing & Jabbing

ET

FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Last edited by ertgirl; 11-04-2012 at 22:56.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ert- yay buddies lol

Della o've wanted a Bub for ages but only trying coming up on 2 years this June

Meshell welcome and good luck

Afm- dr gronow did not call me back!!!! Really angry with him he's always so lively on the phone then he disappoints again and again!!! I just want a definite yes to start in June at the latest my life has already been on hold since September starting to feel like we'll never get there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning

Ally - How frustrating for you! Like you don't already have enough to deal with. Hang in there, congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic

Ertgirl - Love the Roll Call, and to see where we're all at.

Meshell - Hi There! What an ordeal you have had. I'm worried about OHSS because of my PCOS, my cycle is a little different to most I read about - no sniffing for me - it will be the trigger. The Nurse assured me that no one has had OHSS at their clinic for seven years - hopefully I won't break the trend lol. Enjoy your time away and have some fun!

Ms Jo - Thank you! I agree it is fantastic to communicate with people going through the same thing, and it doesn't matter where we live! I have only let a very small handful of people know what we are doing, and it is great just to be able to come on here and talk about everything. I've been reading posts on here for ages and glad I finally took the plunge and joined in.

I know I've got a lot more waiting to go, especially the dreaded TTW! If I make it that is! I was just thinking about how for over the past 24 months or so I was diligently taking my temps and charting my cycles (which varied anywhere from 41-82 days) for the 'O', and then having that wait then, and then been disappointed, and starting all again. We ladies are very, very patient creatures!

I am happy with my FS & Clinic (I seem to speak with the Nurses more, but they seem to know what they are doing!) - other then the comment to DH about supplements that is. It is funny, I think I have spent more time with him unconscious then I have awake! I remember when I was trying for me second child (we were trying for 19 months then), I went to see the Flying Ob/Gen (what a funny name!), and I was so disappointed, I was only 24 at the time, he didn't even examine me, just told me I was young and healthy and to have a holiday. Thinking back I have had PCOS all my life - I have never been regular - and all the time we spent trying with only a 1-2% chance... I knew something was wrong with me, but no one would listen. Anyone had a similar experience? It must be hard for those with unexplained infertility.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE
    The young healthy comment does my head in I am now 25 been trying to conceive for 5 years yeah I am young and healthy but that doesnt help my husband sperm. When will they realise you dont get preg from having a holiday lol[/QUOTE]

worst thing ever hey? I keep getting people saying go on a holiday spend the ivf money your young just relax. I could be comatose relaxed and so could dh won't change the face 99% or his swimmers aren't wearing helmets lol people who haven't experienced infertility or were lucky enough to get a miracle naturally don't realise how dumb they sound! I was told lose 5kgs you'll get utd but my weight won't fix the helmet issue!

It's nice to be here and not have people say "how about a holiday? Works just as well as ivf" lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    It is very refreshing to speak with women on here who offer a listening ear and support as they can relate to the sceario. My parents had me at 19 and never had an issue conceiving same with my husbands parents. About a year ago I recall my sister in law making a comment to me that we should have children I said it will happen one day to which she responded well there is nothing wrong with our side of the family DH wont have a problem at all. I felt she was insinutating I had something wrong with me also I had a few drinks that night so I gave her some "home truths" about where our issue laid and why we didnt have kids. She has since learnt to shut her mouth :\
    I find it heartbreaking when young people are faced with fertility issues especially when they havent set themselves up, had a wedding a little overseas trip, purchased a house. We have been fortunate enough to get all those steps out of the way before getting stuck into this IVF battle. Its such a shame how much money we must pour into this without any guarantees of success. Yet so many twits out there pop out babies like its nothing thinking the baby bonus is going to get them somewhere in life grrrrrr.
    I have heard so many miracle stories over the years friends of mine I was also a hairdresser so I would hear it from clients. I was not aware of our issues at this point and miracles happen all the time I just dont want to be one to sit around and wait for that miracle to maybe happen
    I agree completely!!!! My in laws were the same but they are all female if it were possible for a woman to have my dh's problem it would make her more fertile lol

I still hold out for a miracle but I can't sit around waiting because not everyone gets their miracle so we are getting assistance to get to our miracle. I have told dh if we have enough money once I'm utd we will go os our first big holiday! I just don't want to use money we might need!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning
    I must have the same in-laws too, lol. Although I have a very good relationship with my mother-in-law, she always said the same thing 'you'll never have a problem married to DH'... after our testing she happened to say it again, so I couldn't bite my tongue, I had to say 'well actually, he has plenty of the little fella's but 98% are abnormal'...
    I don't actually know if he has always been like this, as he was never tested before and we were blessed with our two sons, despite me always being irregular. FS said viral infections may have an impact. DH handles a lot of chemicals which I've also heard may impact, and between having our boys and now he did have Qfever... pure speculation.
    Meshell - I feel the same about the 'twits', life can seem so unfair that some wonderful loving people have so many problems, and then you see these people, who also seem to smoke/drink throughout pregnancy and still have five kids by the time their 25... ok... maybe a slight exaggeration.

Thanks for the tip about the water, the nurse also said to keep the fluids up, but it is good to know to keep them RIGHT up.

I think I read somewhere that extra protein can help. Has anyone heard this, or had it recommended to them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chasing my FS again today he still hasn't called back ^#^€'@$$*^%^%^#!!!!!!! Receptionist just feeds me the same line that he will call me but he never does and the time he did he'd make an excuse then say he'd call when he talks to the other doctor and reviews my file etc but then never calls!!!! I feel like I should start stalking lol