+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    well... after 4 BTs and being on tenterhooks for the last 2 weeks... my BFP has ended as a chemical. trying to take the positives, at least we got implantation this time, which is the first hurdle. I know you have to be pretty lucky to fall preg in the first or second cycle while they are working out what works best for you. So I am hoping to see the FS to find out what she recommends, use the frosty, or got for another stim?

Anyway back to waiting for AF and to the drawing board.

Good luck everyone and lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Angel: I too am using a donor I bought two vials of sperm as back up I am with qfg and they will buy back any vials that are unused.
    My clinic don't work that way broomdyke, plus if the donor removed his consent you wouldn't be able to use it even if you had bought it would you? you could only use it if it was in an embryo. I think the laws might be a little different in Vic? I'm not too sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick question...sorry if I'm in the wrong place...

How much is IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpz View Post

How much is IVF?
    It really depends on what your situation is (I.e. pcos etc) and who you go through. DH & I have only just done our first IVF cycle and I'm just waiting on my last bill to come back from the anesthetist and it's around the $9517 in total for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minxyq View Post
    well... after 4 BTs and being on tenterhooks for the last 2 weeks... my BFP has ended as a chemical. trying to take the positives, at least we got implantation this time, which is the first hurdle. I know you have to be pretty lucky to fall preg in the first or second cycle while they are working out what works best for you. So I am hoping to see the FS to find out what she recommends, use the frosty, or got for another stim?

Minxyq I'm sorry to hear about the chem,a big shame but as you said you did have implantation so that is a plus you can look at. All the best for your next cycle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (22-05-2012),SelM22  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Sl: I take Blackmores pre conception vitamin and it contains everything in it including the fish oil, u can get men's pre conception vitamin too
    Thanks broomdyke; I'm taking Elevit but wondering if I need to take fish oil as well if it's very important!

Thanks
    Reviews

How much is IVF?
    Hi Purpz - I am not sure if the cost of IVF differs per state (I am in Victoria). IVF costs is something that you won't be able to get an exact cost for unless you go through the process and find out if you need any extras such as ICSI, HA etc...

As for us, we are doing IVF with ICSI and (very roughly) at the end of the day we will be about $3,500-$4,000 out of pocket after Medicare rebate. Note we have paid (again roughly) about $9,000 upfront (you get money back from Medicare after 2-3 weeks after transfer). Note also we pay additionally for extra doctors fees, and any other medications / appointments not included including anesthetists etc. as I said you will need to see a doc to get specifics for your situation.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    so sorry to hear

Quote Originally Posted by minxyq View Post

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angel382 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

How much is IVF?
    As tattooedcaz said depends on your personal circumstances and which FS and clinic you go with. There is a sticky for this
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ic-comparisons
    some of the pricing is old, but gives you a bit of an idea as to what the variables are. Plus there is the medicare rebate, which can be has much as half and if you have private health insurance (highly recommend it for hospital costs). Different clinics operate differently, some work to keep the out-of-pocket costs down as much as possible (eg you might be sent home with some preg tests for specific days, others insist on doing blood tests to confirm preg). depends on what you are looking for and think you mind need. Some clinics have price lists on their website.

I know a number of ladies change FS and clinics at least once during their journey. All I can recommend do your research as much as possible. My FS was recommended to me by my FS.

If you let us know what State you are in, you might get a few ideas from ladies on the thread (either in thread or pm).

Good luck.
    Last edited by minxyq; 22-05-2012 at 16:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedcaz View Post
    Hi all, I was wondering if I could please join this thread?

Hugs to those who are still soldiering on despite the roller coaster ride we're all going through. And a big congrats to those who've got their BFP! xx

I'm due to have my BT this Wed 23/5 to see if my first IVF cycle worked. I haven't had too many symptoms except for that horrid pressure just before you get AF which only started late last week. I am wishing like anything she doesn't show up and my
    BT results on Wed come back with a BFP!

Baby dust to everyone xx
    i have my BT tomorrow too, and lots of baby dust to you