+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Amps I hope that your next test is a positive! Fingers crossed!
    Angel382, I hope you have your sticky one growing!
    Gampa good luck tommorow with your FET!!
    I hope everyone else is ok!

Well I have had the phone call out of my 16 eggs collected yesterday they were all mature and 9 of them have fertilized normally and are growing well! I am happy as we are not able to do a ET this time I am wanting a few to freeze for when I am allowed to do a transfer. Fingers crossed as they have a long way to go before saturday when they go in the freezer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angel382 View Post
    Four fertilised, one abnormal so only have 3, so devestated
    hey: why devastated? That's great -3-.you should be over the moon.vthats considered a great result here in Sydney. I have a friend who only got 1! And she was BFP with the one. I only got 3 too. One transferred and 2 frozen. We are using one of the frozens tomorrow. Think positive if for example you had 8 frozens and you get pregnant with the fresh what will you do with 8 frozen babies! The quality drops off with prolonged freezing as well meaning you may not use all 8!. In addition fresh transfer is better than frozen, so at least you don't have to go through 8 months of frozen transfers till you get to have a fresh cycle again.
    Dnt be devastated I think that's great news and certainly a step further than you were a few months ago. There's plenty of us out there with only getting 3 or 4. You have 3 babies- pat yourself on the back. Great work

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

KandP  (22-05-2012),minxyq  (22-05-2012),SelM22  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hey: why devastated? That's great -3-.you should be over the moon.vthats considered a great result here in Sydney. I have a friend who only got 1! And she was BFP with the one. I only got 3 too. One transferred and 2 frozen. We are using one of the frozens tomorrow. Think positive if for example you had 8 frozens and you get pregnant with the fresh what will you do with 8 frozen babies! The quality drops off with prolonged freezing as well meaning you may not use all 8!. In addition fresh transfer is better than frozen, so at least you don't have to go through 8 months of frozen transfers till you get to have a fresh cycle again.
    Dnt be devastated I think that's great news and certainly a step further than you were a few months ago. There's plenty of us out there with only getting 3 or 4. You have 3 babies- pat yourself on the back. Great work

Hi Gamps, I'm not in angel382's position, but I am going to put this in the memory banks for if I every feel like angel. I think it is a great way to look at things. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i know i should be looking at it positively, but after everyone telling me i would be looking at 20+ eggs by my scans, my PCOS and my extremely high AMH (106.2 - off the charts) I was shocked to only get 6 eggs at pickup. Also, the fact I only have 3 embies it's pretty low odds that all of them will result in a baby and I have always wanted 3 children (that's why I am devestated, because I don't know that we will be able to afford to do another cycle in the future and we are using a donor and the same donor may not necessarily be available for a future cycle). I feel like my hopes and dreams of 3 children may never happen. similarly, the drugs are super screwing with my emotions which really doesn't help

i am trying to remain positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angel382 View Post
    i know i should be looking at it positively, but after everyone telling me i would be looking at 20+ eggs by my scans, my PCOS and my extremely high AMH (106.2 - off the charts) I was shocked to only get 6 eggs at pickup. Also, the fact I only have 3 embies it's pretty low odds that all of them will result in a baby and I have always wanted 3 children (that's why I am devestated, because I don't know that we will be able to afford to do another cycle in the future and we are using a donor and the same donor may not necessarily be available for a future cycle). I feel like my hopes and dreams of 3 children may never happen. similarly, the drugs are super screwing with my emotions which really doesn't help

i am trying to remain positive.

Hey: it's QUALITY not quantity! When people get 16 eggs for example often only 11 fertilize and then 6 make it. You've got the same odds in fact better. You have 50 percent fertilization rate. That's great. I was shocked too when I only got 5eggs and only 3made it. But when i looked at my friends getting 12 eggs but only 6 fertilizing. I realized they were probably immature eggs that wouldn't have made it as an embryo anyway! 3 good ones are better than a tribe of immature ones. Besides as I said your first transfer may work!Vthink positive, then you'll probably only be ready to return toIVF roller coaster when bubs is a year! The quality of the embies def falls off after a year if you read the stats. You may not get all your kids with one IVF cycle - it may take 2-3! As I said be strong.vyouve done great getting 3there. It's hard on those days when it all seems so unachieveable.i feel that way too at times, but you have to keep that dream alive. Be proud of what you've accomplished.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i know where you are coming from hun, and trust me i desperately want to be positive, but our circumstances are a little different, if this one takes tomorrow and it's 18-24 months before we try again, my donor may no longer be available and i don't want children to all different donors (this is why it tears at me so much). if i had had a haul of even 12 and 6 had fertilised, that would nearly have been perfect, now i will just stress constantly if i will be able to have children to the same donor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hey: it's QUALITY not quantity! When people get 16 eggs for example often only 11 fertilize and then 6 make it. You've got the same odds in fact better. You have 50 percent fertilization rate. That's great. I was shocked too when I only got 5eggs and only 3made it. But when i looked at my friends getting 12 eggs but only 6 fertilizing. I realized they were probably immature eggs that wouldn't have made it as an embryo anyway! 3 good ones are better than a tribe of immature ones. Besides as I said your first transfer may work!Vthink positive, then you'll probably only be ready to return toIVF roller coaster when bubs is a year! The quality of the embies def falls off after a year if you read the stats. You may not get all your kids with one IVF cycle - it may take 2-3! As I said be strong.vyouve done great getting 3there. It's hard on those days when it all seems so unachieveable.i feel that way too at times, but you have to keep that dream alive. Be proud of what you've accomplished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Angel - try to remain positive! But I do understand your situation and you have every reason to be disappointed.

Afm - had Epu today got 9 eggs, 6 mature. Absolutely stoked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did we have any medical or otherwise opinions on fish oil tablets on the end?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angel: I too am using a donor I bought two vials of sperm as back up I am with qfg and they will buy back any vials that are unused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sl: I take Blackmores pre conception vitamin and it contains everything in it including the fish oil, u can get men's pre conception vitamin too