+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having two transfer if we have we have 2 on ET day, this is my first cycle and my FS said it was my up to me as long as i sign the consent forms prior to the day he would do it, the clinic told me age 35 and under 2 max and over 40 3 max, I am 27 so DH 36 have decided on putting in two and hoping one sticks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    After our FS suggested we postpone our May IVF cycle, we were feeling pretty low. But yesterday we found out that, by some miracle, I'm 4 weeks pregnant! We did four home pregnancy tests and were convinced they were faulty but the blood test at the doc came back positive too and that can't be wrong. My DH's semen analyses came back as 97% abnormal, then 93% abnormal but it looks like one of them found their way!
    As I'll be leaving this group, I want to wish you all the very best. I hope you all get the beautiful babies you yearn for and deserve. Thank you so much for your advice, care and support. I wish you all the very, very best. xxxxxxx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CluckyDuck For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (21-05-2012),nicb13  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow april78, that's really interesting stuff! Thanks! I am 1dpt, and I swear I can feel it attaching to my uterus. I've been thinking that all day, and then I read your post and it makes sense. Ours was almost hatching yest on implantation, so although you say 2dpt, it's probably about right for me now... So weird.

I promised myself I wouldn't read into every little twinge for the tww, but that's going to be really tough I can tell. Plus now I'm thinking about things, like before, I had a cup of tea without a 2nd thought, and now I can't stop thinking about the caffeine in my system! Oops! Aaagghhh!

Gotta get my head in the game for all that stuff, make it a nice welcoming home for the little tyke... It's hard to get my head around it when for so long its been really unlikely I was pregnant, that now I actually am PUPO, even if it doesn't work out. For at least 2 weeks I have to think that way! Wow! (moment...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gampa

There is a thread about 1 or 2 embryos on the front page that will give you some info about different opinions. My FS actually encouraged me to put 2 back as I have low AMH and I'm close to 35. It's amazing how different FS have varying opinions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, nice to see the thread is so alive! Can someone please move me to the TWW with BT on 1 June? Of the 5 fertilised, only 2 made it, so had a perfectly good looking morula transfered today. Hoping the other one makes it to freeze...! So excited right now - wont be doing the poas (because of the progynova and crinone - apparently this messes with results?) so will be waiting impatiently for 1 June!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    HI all

WOW some people have positives - great news - gives me hope that this IVF stuff actually does work!

congrats to all and hugs to those who arent.

We are officially having a FET on wednesday 23rd at 12 o'clock. Can someone update me to FET 23rd of may and then to the 2WW?

Im really worried the 2 embies aka "frozen princesses" wont thaw well and well have to start all over again....

can any one tell me how they are getting their FS to transfer 2 embies - mine flatly refuses says risk of twins etc etc... and im only 37 so too young!! (I laughed at that one) - she said that she would only transfer 2 after the age of 40. - so does she want me to keep spending money till im 40 and then transfer 2 - i'm thoroughly convinced that transferring one doesnt work...

AMPS: "keep the faith" - so hard to stay positive - after my last biocmhemcal pregnancy in april (which we miscarried at 5 weeks) i didnt get out of bed for 3 days - cried and cried and cried....its so hard but eventually i decided that IVF is tough and we have the right to cry, scream, be sad, angry and we shouldnt feel bad about those perfectly normal reactions. We cant be positive all the time - so allow yourself a few days/hours/weeks even to feel what youre feeling, dont feel guilty for not being positive all the time. But decide in yourself when enough is enough and to reenter the world positive. I cant tell you how to keep the faith and be positive but all i know is that it will eventually work, that eventually you'll have a baby and what you've been through to get that little bundle of joy you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. IVF is hard. Allow yourself that. We have to hold on to that thought that eventually will work or we'll all go mad! Hugs to you...

Hi Gampa - sorry Im new to this thread and still trying to work out who is who and what stages of treatment everyone is at! Im new at this online support group stuff! (But finding it very therapeutic - thanks ladies )

Not sure if I can tell you how to get your FS to agree to transfer two embies. My old clinic just wouldnt entertain the idea in anyone under 40 either (cynically I have thought about this being a cost thing too! Althought I know it is a Aust/NZ-wide policy, to reduce the multiples associated with ART).
    My new clinic is pretty much the same, however, as we were one of those "lucky" couples who got nothing make it to blast after day four (we collect rare categories) and were left to transfer the best embie we had on the easter weekend without being able to talk with our FS (a developmentally slow 8 cell embie on day 5, and, no surprise, it didnt work ) I had a long chat with the FS about this and he agreed I should be able to transfer up to 2 embies (including delayed/poorer quality blasts) if this happens again . (And please god, dont let it happen again ). So my plan for the next cycle (hurry up AF already!!!) states transfer two, with the ability to "downgrade" to one good quality blast if we get one. So I guess our situation is a bit flukish and maybe because we have had two proper-ish "failed" cycles now.

Sorry long story...but...my advice would be to say to the FS that you would like the option to transfer both depending on the "quality" of your embies on their scale after they have been defrosted (and I am sending you all the good vibes I have for at least one of your princess-icles to be of fabulous "quality"!!).

That line about being too young kills me too - I love how between 34 and 38 you can be simultaneously too young and too old!! Make up your mind IVF world LOL!

My clinic gave me all the stats on risks etc with double transfers. But as you say sometimes they are risks we should be allowed to take!

Sorry that was a convaluted answer. This IVF process has also affected my ability to think logically

Good luck!

(And one of the docs at my clinic in a counselling seminar the other day said IVF is a numbers game and when you have a blast its a 50/50 chance of implanting, its just about hoping the side of the coin you picked comes up trumps).
    And all you ladies with BFPs nice work! (sorry obsessed with the smiley things still!)
    You give me hope too

everyone and to those needing it (I understand your pain and despair)
    xx

Sel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Egg pickup went well but I was devestated we only got six eggs...with my massive AMH and PCOS I had 25 follies showing up on my scan so I thought we would get a really good number of eggs. I don't find out till tomorrow what the quality was like or if any of them even fertilise, I hate all this waiting *cries*

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this stage obviously depending on if we get some good embys I am having my transfer on Wednesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    angel382 - 6 is good, battle on little 6! Remember quality not quantity especially with PCOS.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG! Seriously, how much more is the universe going to punish me?
    Apparently my results have been misplaced or something and I won't get them until tomorrow morning. WTF! I was first at the pathology at 7:30am, the lady knew why I was there and why it was urgent and emphatically told me the results would be back today. Dh phoned clinic at 4:10pm, clinic had to ring back, no results found, will check again. Phoned back at 5 to say some crap about they got sent somewhere else or something (dh didn't catch details) so no results until tomorrow.
    I have an ex-husband who literally tortured me, beat me etc, and this hurts SO MUCH MORE!!!!!
    As if the 2ww isn't enough!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry or smash something into a million pieces!!!