+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 254 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I'm new to BH and so glad I found this thread. My DH and I are hoping to start our 1st IVF ICSI cycle late May. We are both 31. All ok with me but my DH has 97% abnormal sperm so we only have a 10-15% chance of conceiving naturally. His % is exactly the same as his brothers. His brother and his wife have 3yo IVF twins which gives us great hope. It's all very new to us and we are just finding our feet. We are going through Melbourne IVF. We have our three appts there in mid-May and are waiting on our police checks, child protection order checks. Hopefully everything will come back in time so we can get on with it. Been told we are in for quite a rollercoaster ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Girl X and Cluckyduck

Ertgirl - $200 a visit for acupuncture?

I am flabbergasted with VIC laws on background checks and police checks. I hate to think that it means there must be some bad people out there using IVF... But what an invasion of your privacy! So if a DH stole a car when he was 18... Does that mean his wife isn't deserving of IVF assistance later in life?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ms Jo - Not long at all, so weird to think that in 5 days I'll be walking down the aisle! And then this time next week I'll be in England, yay!

Barely even thinking about IVF right now, there is just so much going on, our house going on the market, wedding, honeymoon, possibility of DF taking a job in Brisbane.. But I'll still hang around here when I can.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello ladies I'm back!!! I've been avoiding bubhub a bit. It's been 3 weeks we are still waiting for our first FS to get back to us I've been going hard at my weight watches though and have lost 5kgs incase I do have to lose the 20 to start ivf. I have an appointment with my preferenced doctor on may 11 it was the soonest they could get us in but it doesn't like up well with my cycle so we won't be doing out first stim cycle till mid June at the earliest. It's very frustrating! But I'm hoping it will all be worth it in the end

Welcome to the girls I don't know.

Baby dust to you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! Gosh, this is my first post and I'm quite nervous about it (I hope I don't do it wrong)! I hope no one minds if I join this thread, I've been reading the posts and I am finding what a lovely bunch of supportive ladies.

My story is two gorgeous sons who are 12 & 9, one MC between. TTC our third since March 10, two more MC in April & Nov 11 (finally a referral to a FS in Dec 11) - things then just spiraled out of control... PCOS, Endo, Motility etc.

Got to the stage were I was fearing the next appointment to hear what else was wrong. I just thought it was me needing help to regulate my cycles - how naive!

We also had a nasty surprise with the sperm motility issue, as I had conceived naturally (although 3 MC's), I had assumed sperm was meeting egg no problems. Changed our thinking that it was just me

Can't get DH to take anything at all, as the FS said nothing would help. Just unexplained. He still thinks we have a chance naturally, but I feel like I am running out of time... our odds naturally are 1-2% But we both really want to add to our family and FS recommended IVF with ICSI first up, so here we are!

I've been on BCP since 16/3 to regulate the start date.
    I start FSH on 20/4, EPU on 2/5, and transfer on 4/5... if things work how they should - there seems to be so many things that can go wrong...

I live 7 hours drive (no flights available) from our FS, so I get the med's sent by courier next week with a DVD on how to inject. Hoping it's not too bad! As I also have to start a second injection (cetrotide) from Day 4.

First scan will be done locally 26/4 (only 1.5 hours drive ), then the following week we are away for the whole week for the next scan, EPU & transfer.

Sorry for blabbering so much... once I started I couldn't seem to stop.
    Wishing everyone here baby dust and dreams to come true.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Hello! Gosh, this is my first post and I'm quite nervous about it (I hope I don't do it wrong)! I hope no one minds if I join this thread, I've been reading the posts and I am finding what a lovely bunch of supportive ladies.

My story is two gorgeous sons who are 12 & 9, one MC between. TTC our third since March 10, two more MC in April & Nov 11 (finally a referral to a FS in Dec 11) - things then just spiraled out of control... PCOS, Endo, Motility etc.

Got to the stage were I was fearing the next appointment to hear what else was wrong. I just thought it was me needing help to regulate my cycles - how naive!

We also had a nasty surprise with the sperm motility issue, as I had conceived naturally (although 3 MC's), I had assumed sperm was meeting egg no problems. Changed our thinking that it was just me

Can't get DH to take anything at all, as the FS said nothing would help. Just unexplained. He still thinks we have a chance naturally, but I feel like I am running out of time... our odds naturally are 1-2% But we both really want to add to our family and FS recommended IVF with ICSI first up, so here we are!

I've been on BCP since 16/3 to regulate the start date.
    I start FSH on 20/4, EPU on 2/5, and transfer on 4/5... if things work how they should - there seems to be so many things that can go wrong...

I live 7 hours drive (no flights available) from our FS, so I get the med's sent by courier next week with a DVD on how to inject. Hoping it's not too bad! As I also have to start a second injection (cetrotide) from Day 4.

First scan will be done locally 26/4 (only 1.5 hours drive ), then the following week we are away for the whole week for the next scan, EPU & transfer.

Sorry for blabbering so much... once I started I couldn't seem to stop.
    Wishing everyone here baby dust and dreams to come true.
    Wow! What a saga for you!! So

First up, welcome!!!

Second good luck!!! Sounds like you live a fair way out bush? I hope ivf works first up for you. It's super overwhelming isn't it? I found watching people's YouTube channels helped calm me down but I'm yet to start!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Della77  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello & Thank you! Good luck to you too. I live out in south, west Queensland - love it most of the time... except when we need medical assistance!

It is so overwhelming at times. I just have to remind myself to stop counting down days and *live* for now. I just get so obsessed with TTC. I'm hopeful starting this next stage of our journey, but I try not to hope too much... does that make sense at all?!

Does anyone else seem to feel like we are constantly waiting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Della77 and welcome!
    I feel like I have been waiting for a baby since I was about 16!
    So that makes 18 years of being patient for me!

Sounds like you have a unique journey to go through living where you do...
    that is why a forum like this is just fantastic, it means you will never be alone!

There are no silly questions, no judgements and no such thing as rambling.

Here's wishing you a short and successful journey

P.s You could always slip some crushed up menevit, ginseng or zinc (even some pepitas) into his cereal when he isn't looking...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Jo For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thank you for the welcome! its great to know there are plenty of others out there on this journey
    Ms Jo I'm a little worried about my next period after my acupuncture as I usually don't suffer.
    Della77 Its all about waiting first for your period,then for first injection, then for your period again, then for the US and BT to tell you how many follicles, then the EPU, Then first 24hrs if any survive, Then ET and Then the TWW. I wonder how I'm still sane I did go a little nuts this last round quite moody and emotional but at least this next round is going to be alot shorter don't need to go on the pill and I think its only 2 weeks of injections.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eaglegirl For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls, how are all you strong, amazing IVF women doing?

Welcome Girl X, Cluckyduck & Della I love what Ms Jo said, "There are no silly questions, no judgements and no such thing as rambling."

CluckyDuck, that is great to hear about your brother-in-law's IVF twins; very encouraging.

Ms Jo, sorry, our acu is $100 per visit & he likes to see me twice a week, so it totals $200 a week, before rebates. But I deliberately go to a medical practitioner for acu as it attracts the medicare safety net, so after we reach the safety net (1 IVF cycle) we get back over 80% of the price. Until we reach the safety net, medicare gives us back 30%. Still though, being on our 3rd cycle, any expenses we can avoid will be helpful. Just out of interest, how much does your acu cost? How many times a week do you go? I'm also disgusted that Victoria puts potential IVFers through police checks etc, like we don't go through enough invasion of our privacy without adding that onto it

Sariel, only a few days now & you'll be hitched! Glad you're not thinking about IVF, that's the way it should be.
    Ally, it's lovely to see you back. Well done on the 5kgs That's fantastic. I went to my Dr today & was happy that I'd lost 1kg in the past week. we can be weight loss buddies too. I have a ton to lose! Re IVF, it seems like it's all waiting sometimes; I'm sure it all will be worth it in the end.

Della, it sounds like you've been through alot. It annoys me when the FS tell our DHs that supplements won't work. I know of a few girls on BH who have had success with putting their DH's on supps & I figure anything is worth a try. Living 7 hours drive from the FS, that must be tough. If you have any Qs about the injections I'm sure some of the girls on here can help. It's been a year since my stim cycle, so I can't really remember much about the injections.

AFM, I'm just pottering along. Trying to lose weight so that I have more chance when we do cycle. DH is going well on his meds & taking them like a trooper. Sometimes it feels like it will never happen for us... Having one of those weeks. I'm a bit with you Miss Jo, have wanted to be a Mum since I can remember. So it's decades of waiting now...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-04-2012)