+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Khutch... I wonder what your FS was thinking when making that decision?... Obviously you need ICSI, so why wouldn't you do them all... that is beyond me!!

Fingers crossed that all 5 are awesome and you get a couple for the freezer.

If this is your first cycle, it's this cycle we all learn from, both doctor and patient. Try to just put this in "thing's that will happen differently next time, if you have to worry about a next time". Easier said than done I know.

I don't know if this helps you deal with your situation - This last cycle... I got 15 eggs.. we ICSI-HA and only 7 fertilised... so even with all ICSI with swimmer selection, you can still get less than 50% fert (final result - 1 transfer and 1 frostie)....(waiting to hear back on my 3rd BT this morning ... It's killing me.. nearly 3:30!!!!)...

Try to look after yourself after EPU...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to minxyq For This Useful Post:

KandP  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    I am going to have a moment, since no one else seems to understand. I am very disspointed today... my DH and I discussed last week my paranoia about leaving "half" our eggs to chance rather than ISCI'ing them - knowing the decline rates etc. My rationale - its a MF issue, why waste eggs (and risk having me go through all of this again?) DH said leave it to the experts... I took the FS advice without questioning - Mistake #1. They separated the 10 eggs, ICSI 5, and left the other 5 with the sperm to do it's thing. Well 5/5 that ISCI'd fertilised (Day1) and NONE of the other 5 did!! SO very dissapointed I could cry - feel as though we didn't have enough eggs to waste on "trying" something that was obviously part of the problem in the first place and am now a bit ****ed off with them for even considering it - I could have copped a 70/30 split given the yield of eggs,.. I am gutted. Its only day 1 and I'm worried that we will have none that have reached blast or are of good enough quality to transfer on Monday. I just want to scream or cry or hit something - but I am too sore!!

khutch Im so sorry. We ICSId all our eggs last cycle (SMFI) and only got 50 percent. So your 100 percent on the 5 that were icsid is really good.
    I dont understand why your FS suggested this approach. I guess it would tell you the "strength" of the sperm to some extent, but still...
    you are totally entitled to your moment. And the more cycles I do, the more I realise gut instincts are REALLY important!
    I am summoning the universe to let your 5 battle on - been there, so I totally understand
    xo
    Sel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS any talk of rescue ICSI on the IVF ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I was hoping to jump into the June part of this thread! I had my first cycle of PICSI IVF in April/May; sadly it resulted in a BFN. I was on a down regulation cycle and my FS (Wazza DeAmbrosis) is trying an antagonist cycle next time round, and including Feldene and Prednisalone on top of what I was on previously (clexane). My hormone levels are apparentlysuperb so the issue is embryo quality. This means its a numbers game. If this cycle doesnt work, I’m going to try DHEA, but really want to try without as I’ve heard the side effects can be pretty gnarly and if anyone will suffer from side effects, it will be me.

DH and I are going to Bali in e
    arly June and I’ll start my next cycle when we return, depending on when AF appears. If were still OS when this happens, well wait until July. AF arrived today (4 days late due to the hormones i was on) so hopefully i go back to a 30 day cycle which will mean we'll be back in Brisbane by the time my June AF arrives!
    Last edited by KandP; 18-05-2012 at 17:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Quick update... Had my egg pick up today - zero eggs. Totally devestated. They said its really rare, and have never seen it in someone my age (28).

I was prepared for certain disappointments, but never expected this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mamaharriet I am so sorry this is such a difficult journey. Thoughts are with you x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

mamaharriet  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie84 - Thanks so much! I've had 3 mc's, 1 @ 8 weeks, 1 @ 7 weeks and 1 @ 4 weeks (a chemical pregnacy really). The mc I had last April really did a number on me as it was so unexpected (as they always are). I know exactly what you mean about the 12 weeks. Good Luck with your FET

Ally - Thanks Ally! So excited for you that you start your cycle soon. I agree completely about the protection mechanism.

Bellavista - YAY! TWW seems forever... good luck and baby dust to you

Nala - Thanks heaps, good luck, I hope you got a good BT result . I had a BT today too, but didn't get the results (sigh), have to wait to Monday... MORE WAITING! You were my EPU buddy! Let's hope it was a lucky day for us both.

Ms Jo - Thinking of you, best of luck with whatever you decide

Broomdyke - YAY! Baby dust to you!

Prettypetal79 - Good luck later in the year

Franniesplace - Good luck for your ET - easiest part of the whole journey, I tried to keep myself super busy in the TWW, but I still constantly thought about it! Babydust!

Mrsjaguar - good luck for round 2

khutch - so sorry about your disappointment , good luck with your five awesome emby's!

Minxyq - Hope your BT is great news

KandP - sorry about your BFN, good luck with your second cylce , Have a wonderful time in Bali

Mamaharriet - Oh No! Big, big hugs . I hope that you get some answers soon.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

KandP  (18-05-2012),minxyq  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaharriet View Post
    Hi girls. Quick update... Had my egg pick up today - zero eggs. Totally devestated. They said its really rare, and have never seen it in someone my age (28).

So sorry mamahariet - that has got to be disappointing... Its hard enough to go through the cycle (sniffing, jabbing etc) without an EPU for nothing... That sukcs big time, I am hoping your next cycle (if/when you decide to have another one) will have a better outcome for you . Makes me feel like an ungrateful, whining pain in the ***!

Congrats Bella, Della and Broom

So sorry Ms Jo, wish I could say something that would make you feel better. x

Thansk Minxyq, having people here that understand really means a lot - particularly when you live in a small town, so talking about it openly other than on here is not really an option! And best of luck!

Selm22 - thanks for your post, unfortunately there is no chance of rescue, those poor little eggies are gone.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

mamaharriet  (18-05-2012),minxyq  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Hi girls, I was hoping to jump into the June part of this thread! I had my first cycle of PICSI IVF in April/May; sadly it resulted in a BFN. I was on a down regulation cycle and my FS (Wazza DeAmbrosis) is trying an antagonist cycle next time round, and including Feldene and Prednisalone on top of what I was on previously (clexane). My hormone levels are apparentlysuperb so the issue is embryo quality. This means its a numbers game. If this cycle doesnt work, I’m going to try DHEA, but really want to try without as I’ve heard the side effects can be pretty gnarly and if anyone will suffer from side effects, it will be me.

DH and I are going to Bali in e
    arly June and I’ll start my next cycle when we return, depending on when AF appears. If were still OS when this happens, well wait until July. AF arrived today (4 days late due to the hormones i was on) so hopefully i go back to a 30 day cycle which will mean we'll be back in Brisbane by the time my June AF arrives!
    Welcome! I love Bali, would love to go back minus the earthquake!! Hope you enjoy your trip, look forward to sharing the journey with you again !

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

KandP  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaharriet View Post

I can't begin to understand your disappointment :-/
    Hope you get some answers real soon!!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

KandP  (18-05-2012),mamaharriet  (18-05-2012),minxyq  (18-05-2012)