+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franniesplace View Post
    Hi ladies,

Day 5 of my injections today and I've been feeling great, like really good! DH reckons I should be on these things all the time! Had such a fantastic weekend together as we had made no plans coz I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling.

Today I am feeling a bit glum though. Not sure if it's just coz I had such a great weekend and wish I could just be home with hubby some more or if I'm a little extra sensitive today.

We are so hopeful of a first time result because we cant afford much more than this but every time I think about how much I want this, the more I realise that it's just as likely that it's only a few short weeks away from exactly the opposite reality. Does that make sense? For every positive thought, there is the tug of a negative lurking behind it.

Trying not to think about it and not to think too far ahead, cross those emotional bridges when and if we have to, I guess. But things come up, babies are everywhere! And all the mothers day ads aren't helping any!

Start my orgalutan injections tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed that goes as well as the first lot!
    Hi franniesplace, that's great that you are feeling so good with your injections. I was the same on my first and second cycle, no symptoms with the injections. It is great to feel positive, especially on your first attempt as it will make your body into a happier environment : ) all the best for a first time success - a lot of people I have spoken to yep it works first time, it seems very common. Unfortunately for us it hasn't worked yet and the money if definitely a struggle but you just got to do what you got to do - I found with oragultran that even though the injection is slightly more painful and has a sting afterwards, no symptoms from that either - baby dust to you : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angel382 View Post
    Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind if I join your group...I am currently CD5, or day three of puregon. I am only on really low doses due to having bad PCOS and very high AMH level (106.2) so FS is really concerned I might overstim. I also have bad endometriosis and my husband has 2 micro-y deletions (meaning zero, zip, zilch sperm), so together we make quite a pair lol

It's my first ever IVF/ICSI cycle, we had three cancelled IUI cycles (due to no lead follies) and then mid cycle bleeding which is when FS picked up on the endo. I had a laparascopy/tubal flushing/endo excision/ovarian drilling/D&C in late March followed by 3 weeks down-reg on the pill, so should be prepped for IVF the best we can be.

I look forward to sharing the journey with you all
    Hi Angel, I'm the same as you with the PCOS, AMH & Endo. I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy back in Feb, I didn't have any drilling, but he burned away some endo (I didn't even know I had this). FS decided to check out everything before we started any treatment, and I was glad he did. I was on a Gonal-F (150) cycle with Cetrotide (250) as well and Synarel as the trigger. I had a lot of follicles, (30 plus - never knew the exact number), at EPU I had 21 eggs & 17 fertilised. I had one embryo put back, and I find out tomorrow how many were frozen. The Embryologist said maybe 9-10, she was going to freeze some at day 2 and some at day 5 (if they make it). The only 'issues' I had, were being really achy before PU, because my ovaries were pretty big with all the follicles, sore after EPU (but everyone has this!), and a high progesterone level at EPU, because my body was over-compensating for the number of follicles. I had to choose to go ahead with the transer, and use 'the best' or a lesser quality. I did go ahead with the transfer, and decided on 'the best' based on what the Embryologist told me. FS said I did the right thing. Little annoyed that he didn't comment either way until after I had to decide, if he said I did the wrong thing, I would have been very cranky. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know my story as we share conditions, I was so scared I was going to get OHSS, and just wanted to let you know I made it through the first cycle. Here's hoping for baby dust for everyone.
    Last edited by Della77; 07-05-2012 at 15:43.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

angel382  (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone hope ur all doing well which ever stage ur at!
    I've got a long 10 days ahead of me. I only got transfer sat and I'm already over thinking everything and trying to find "symptoms".I keep telling myself that surely, realistically I would not b feeling anything just yet anyway but I just find it so hard to have the what will b will b mentality. And I really need to stop googling as well it's making me worse! Take care all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by capri_12 View Post
    I've got a long 10 days ahead of me. I only got transfer sat and I'm already over thinking everything and trying to find "symptoms".I keep telling myself that surely, realistically I would not b feeling anything just yet anyway but I just find it so hard to have the what will b will b mentality. And I really need to stop googling as well it's making me worse! Take care all
    Good Luck Capri! Advice:

A) Go to the book shop and buy a book - about anything other than babies, children etc a fiction book!
    B) Go to the video shop and hire the complete season of any series you like - or 2, 3 complete seasons
    C) Crosswords? lol or Scrabble with friends iphone app?

10 days feels like 10 years I remember ..one day UP one day DOWN! hence my need to become a chronic POAS'er from bout day 5

Good Luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ET done too Mich, wow 2 little embies!! We where waiting to go in and another couple asked if they could transfer 2 and you heard this very loud and authoritive NO from our Dr… was very funny… Sending sticky vibes to you

We only had 1 in today and we have 3 that are a little slow and we find out tomorrow if any are able to be frozen, apparently they are developing a little slower. She has mentioned that they only freeze those of the highest quality so hopefully at least one will be frozen.

Capri, I am starting to think the same way, and I haven’t even gone through one day. Took Jeannie’s advice and bought some books, just watched movies on the couch today, may take in a massage soon too.

Its time to take time out for ourselves all you ladies, massage and pampering is due I think. This is such an emotional ride… sending positive thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Experiences with synarel? I just used synarel for the first time about an hour ago! My nose feels like its running and I've sneezed a few times - is this normal? I'm afraid that was I sniffed up there is coming out!!!!!!!
    I hated Synarel. It made me snappy and cranky & the after taste was foul. A glass of milk after each spray was all that made it bearable. You'll find the runny nose/sniffling will probably go away as you get used to it. Tilt your head back a minute or two after inhaling to let the liquid get down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm back from my honeymoon! Got in at around 1am this morning, and I've only had three hours sleep, plus around two or three hours in total of naps during the 24 hr transit.. but I actually don't feel too bad. It will probably hit me late this arvo though! Wedding went absolutely perfectly, only I got stupid jitters at the start of the reception which meant I felt sick all night and couldn't eat or drink anything much at all, but I've been told by a couple of past brides that that's fairly normal, lol.

Anyway, on a very exciting and scary note, I'm starting ICSI tomorrow! Well, the Lucrin at least. As you know I was planning on starting as soon as I could after getting home, and on Friday I decided to look up when CD 21 was for me, and realised it was Tuesday! I couldn't call the clinic from the UK, so I sent them an email asking if I'd be able to start on Tuesday. I never got a reply, so I rang them today to ask them again if I could possibly start tomorrow.. the nurse reviewed my file and called me back, saying to come in for my day 21 bloods tomorrow and pick up my Lucrin... holy crap! No rest for the wicked. DH (Yay, that's the first time I've typed that!) asked me if I felt "ready", health-wise and so forth. I honestly answered "not really", since I'm exhausted and my diet on the honeymoon has been far from good, but hey. I really really wanted to get a cycle in before we move to Brisbane, and I didn't think it was going to be possible, but now it is. So yay!

Hope everyone is going well, I will try and catch up on the conversation when I get a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I've had my et. 1 grade3, 12 cell, day3 Morula, which they assisted hatched. It was pretty cool to see it under the microscope before hand. We had 1 frozen today and they are watching the other 4 to see if they make it to blastocyst and are worth freezing(which they weren't today). Feeling pretty buggered. Had acupuncture before and after, must say it felt good. Am going to rest for the next few days. Have pregnyl injection tomorrow, still having progestreone pressaries twice a day. Have 2nd pregnyl on Friday and back to clinic for mid-luteal bt(E2,P4). Kept my socks on in theatre, bit funny when you are practically buck naked.

I'm officially pupo!

I met a lovely generous lady at the clinic this morning who was donating her eggs at epu today.

Will catch up on personals tomorrow, am off to bed now.

to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by capri_12 View Post
    Oh no not google syndrome, lol! We've all been there I'm sure.....if you google something like things to do in my TWW there are some very funny and very real articles around - enjoy and good luck with the rest of the wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    ET done too Mich, wow 2 little embies!! We where waiting to go in and another couple asked if they could transfer 2 and you heard this very loud and authoritive NO from our Dr… was very funny… Sending sticky vibes to you

We only had 1 in today and we have 3 that are a little slow and we find out tomorrow if any are able to be frozen, apparently they are developing a little slower. She has mentioned that they only freeze those of the highest quality so hopefully at least one will be frozen.

Capri, I am starting to think the same way, and I haven’t even gone through one day. Took Jeannie’s advice and bought some books, just watched movies on the couch today, may take in a massage soon too.

Its time to take time out for ourselves all you ladies, massage and pampering is due I think. This is such an emotional ride… sending positive thoughts
    Good luck with your TWW nala

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (09-05-2012)