+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Hi Lovely Ladies, wow we are so busy!
    EPU went well yesterday with 21 eggs collected. FN just called to say 17 have fertilised. They didn't end up doing ICSI as the sperm looked really good. All excellent news.
    However, my progesterone levels are really high, Scientist thinks maybe because my body is compensating for the number of eggs. Level is 48, highest they normally like is 35... I have the option to go ahead with the transfer or not. FN said we may like to go ahead with a lesser quality embryo and freeze the better ones for FET.
    I will go ahead with the transfer, as any chance is a chance. What would you do? Would you go with a good quality one or a lesser? I really have no idea, as my initial thought is go with quality as surely it has a better chance.
    I did say to the FN, maybe if we only had 2-4 I wouldn't go ahead with the transfer, but as we have more... We need to talk to the FS in the morning.

Sorry my post is all about me. Would love to hear anyones thoughts.
    Della!! fantastic news on all your eggs! I am not sure what I would do, I would be leaning towards putting in a good one as you have so many. Can they reduce your progesterone level at all?

I on the other hand, didn't have as much luck as you. We only had 11 follicles but so many of them didn't mature. We got 4 eggs yesterday. I was feeling so down about it, I couldn't even write on here. But the good news is all 4 fertilised and are looking great. We are going to day 5 for the transfer (can't remember the term) for all 4 and the FS will be picking the strongest to be implanted on Monday.

Hope all you lovely ladies are having a better day today. From what I read yesterday was not a good one for a lot of you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Maybe she thinks ivf is all fertility assistance?
    Maybe :-/
    Just hate that she trivialized ivf to me & then said she was going through the same thing... I'm just touchy of late :-/

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ert, could you please move me to ET on 7/5. thanks lovely

Meshell, that guy you work with is a tool, what a naive man

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there MrsJaguar, very new to this, but just saw that you are on your 2ww as well. So am I, and am testing on the 13th may.
    First round of ICSI, 9 eggs, 5 fertilised, transferred one 5day and lost the rest. F
    DH low sperm so had to do ICSI. Found out this morning that they couldn't freeze them So upset. Trying so hard to stay positive during this 2ww. What are yo doing to keep your mind off thingss? Would love to hear. I hope you get that BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Della .. Sorry I can't respond to a post on my mobile (or should say don't know how!:-)
    Welcome to the ivf rollarcoaster!

My understanding of it all is that you will still lose a few between day 3 and blast ... Your levels play a role in your lining so they probably don't want to put the best one in the not so best environment - better to freeze the strong ones for a better survival of thaw and the best chance in the best environment next round.

I would definitely take the chance and many ladies have had a perfect embie (including me) with no result and many ladies have had a not so perfect embie and got their bfp! ( me not so lucky just yet)

I think you shouldn't sit it out go for it but save the a grades for an a grade home to grow in :-)

Just my thoughts, other ladies have probably been faced with this and are able to offer better advise.

Good luck and fingers crossed x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettypetal79 View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to join we are doing our 1st cycle of IVF/ICSI. I have egg pickup tomorrow, feeling pretty crap with nausea and bloating etc and have our transfer booked for next Wednesday.

DP and I are both feeling nervous, I am worried we may not get enough eggs due to my low AMH and he is worried we may not get enough sperm due to his antibodies but we have our fingers crossed and are hoping for the best.
    Hi PrettyPetal - welcome : )

Good luck with your egg pick up tomorrow - nothing to be worried about it will be what it will be. How many follicles do you have? Are you have a 2-3 day or a 5day transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nala & Jeanie
    Thanks so much for your thoughts! IVF is such a rollercoaster.
    Well done Nala on your 4 fertilised eggs! Good luck for the 7th.
    Jeanie, you make a lot of sense and the FN said it was my lining that would be affected. Such a balancing act, and full of unexpected turns this IVF and everyone is so different.
    Thanks again for your replies!
    Best Wishes to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, Can I get added to the 'limbo' group, we have our appointment to get meds next Wednesday which is my day 21... Not entirely sure when we will actually start... Thanks girls, great be amongst people that understand!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, ok if i rejoin this thread? I see some familiar faces from threads earlier this year, i wish we weren't all still here!

I hope you are all surviving be it waiting for AF, sniffing, poping, jabbing or waiting for epus and transfers. The waiting is the hardest bit! (i'm currently in the tww).

Meshell, don't pay ANY attention to that guy. I had a woman at work at morning tea earlier this year (in general chit chat) say that medicare shouldn't rebate IVF and that they should ban it, and if you wait till your 45 to have a kid, then the gov shouldn't help you. Of course she has 3 kids. Those kind of people have NO idea. Don't let them make you feel bad, ignorant idiots. I always think that we will all appreciate our kids just that little bit extra, because we had to work so hard to have them!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

Prettypetal79:We are cycling at the same time, I have my epu tomorrow too and hopefully et on wednesday, good luck