+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 254 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sairle - welcome! I bet you are excited with the wedding coming up. You certainly have plenty to keep you distracted until May

KMVW - So sorry to hear about your DH's cancer. It must be extremely draining on the both of you, sounds like you have had quite a medical journey thus far.

As far as the supps go. You know what, if a nautropath had of recommened all that stuff we probably wouldn't have given it a second thought. I'm sure nautropaths help with some infertile couples but not to the extent when they require IVF. And I guess we went into it a little niave, thinking everything the FS says we have to do. But my god, I am glad we followed his lead on this one.

We did two samples before commencing IVF so it's not like DH was having a bad/low day with his swimmers. I hear this can happen if a man has the flu or some other temporary illness. So I really have no other explanation of how his count went from zero to 100,000. I believe whole-heartedly the supps worked.

You never know, ask your DH if he would take them and see what he says. Some guys feel incredibly guilty when they have MFI even though it is in no way their fault. Maybe taking the supps would make him feel like more part of the process. I know it was incredibly hard for my DH watching me have injections and take meds *thinking* all along that it was because of him. Now that my PCOS is having a negative affect on our fertility, he feels alot better about the situation. In some ways that's easier dealing with less emotional baggage, but medically it makes things even more challenging for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ertgirl and Nicole83
    and hi again Ally, Sariele and Kmvw...

I had also started posting in the other thread, but it looks like the May party is happening here!

My story thus far...
    We hope to be starting ICSI in May.
    My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer a little while ago, so even before the chemo got to it, his count and quality was very low.
    I’ve also got PCOS... I
    ’m waiting another month to start, just so I can loss some weight and give the metformin (yuk) and accupuncture a chance.
    I look forward to joining you ladies on your journeys and wish you all the very best of luck with everything

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Jo For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Miss Jo so sorry you & DH have had to go through the cancer. That would be so tough. Look forward to getting to know you & being May buddies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it's okay, I'm on my mobile so just copied this from my journal. It saves me having to type it all out again on my phone.
    A bit of an update. Our FS's office kinda stuffed up & sent us the results for DH's ultrasound & bloods. I am not a doctor, but obviously am worried that it says there is a lesion on DH's testicle that needs to be biopsied. We have been told that as DH has one undescended teste (won't he be glad I've written about that )he is at an increased risk of cancer, so this is quite worrying for us. We weren't supposed to get the results emailed to us, the receptionist was supposed to call & make an appt for us to see the FS. We still have no answers tonight, but we do have an appt with the FS on Weds. Till then we are telling ourselves the lesion is just scar tissue from the TESE & biopsy. Poor DH sent me a text telling me that he's feeling a bit blue tonight. Unfortunately I'm up at my Mum's caring for her so can't be with him to comfort him. Poor love, he's been so strong throughout all this IF stuff,but I know it really is tough on him.
    Last edited by ertgirl; 27-03-2012 at 22:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I know we are all in IVF limbo at the moment, but I thought I'd check in and see how you are all going...

Ertgirl - have you heard anymore regarding your hubby's results?
    My fingers are crossed for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Jo For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Jo View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I know we are all in IVF limbo at the moment, but I thought I'd check in and see how you are all going...

Ertgirl - have you heard anymore regarding your hubby's results?
    My fingers are crossed for you
    Thanks Jo, we find out more tomorrow afternoon.

How is everyone else doing in limbo land?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ertgirl - - How did you go with results this afternoon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    How is everyone else doing in limbo land?
    I've got a follow-up appt with my FS tomorrow afternoon to go over the results of the tracking cycle I did in Feb. I'd already done one last year as a formality to make sure my bits are working properly, but my lining wasn't great, so she put me on Vitamin E for a few months and I had two scans this time, specifically to check my lining. Last tracking cycle it was only 5.6mm, but this time I think the tech said it was about 6.9mm, so hopefully the Vit E has done something. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.

After that, it'll simply be waiting til I get back from my honeymoon early May, then give them a call a week before AF is due to let them know I'm nearly ready to start...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'll be doing a FET cycle of some sort probably in May.

We just ended our first ICSI stim cycle recently. Our main prob is also severe MIF, and I have LOR.

I didn't realise just how much in between waiting there can be. My FS wants to wait and let my body have a break after laying so many eggs (feel like a chicken).

Thanks for mentioning the supplements might have to get some of them. We are on some vitamins and I think they have been helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!!

I am going to join you all on the next step of this journey. First ivf icsi cycle this month which resulted in chemical pregnancy (5 weeks).

Taking april off to let my body recover and drop whatever kg i can (havent gone near the scales but i have def chubbed up a bit lol).

Anyone else doing things to prep for this cycle? Considering accupuncture, massage and yoga. Sounds relaxing huh

Xxx

Ps got my confirmation today off for a big wine!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub