+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Capri After my EPU I get quite crampy, I take panadiene or Mersyndol if its really bad this works for me once I ET I'm alot more careful and only take panadol. But definately call the clinic as we are all different and its better to get professional advise. Stay positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow ur lucky lol I was completely honest with the head chef,sous chef and manager 8 weeks before I knew anything and kept them up to date as I found things out. I work on a roster of 8 on 6 off. 8 being work away from home 12 hr shifts. My 8 on just before my epu they changed my roster. I was on day shift and now had to do night shift. Made fun of me when I expressed my concern about the change because I was frightened of overstimulating my ovaries because I would be on my own (which I did btw). Would not give me the night shift off because I would have to drive into town to see Fs for scan. Therefore I got 4 hrs sleep before my shift began. Argued with me when I Needed to see my doc over an unexpected illness being the overstimulation. I just ended up leaving and got a medical certificate from Fs. I am expecting absolute he'll when I go back to work. I'm really dreading it. I'm an apprentice chef. I feel they are going to ask if I'm pregnant and carry on if I'm not. I might need to take more holidays at work and I don't think they will authorize it. It was hard enough to get these ones. Been working there 2 yrs in aug. And honestly have taken 1 week off. I thought f"@&k yas I'm taking 4 weeks off. That's why I think they going to get all "up in my grill" about the situation. We have to give at least 3 months notice if we want holidays.
    I really don't know why the s$&@t at work we just put up with it!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

Nala9000: Good luck with your epu tomorrow.

Girl x: I started on 400iu Gonal-f which has been increased twice now for total of 450. My first stim cycle we had to keep increasing but I not this high. We got 6 eggs first round which gave us 3 embies. Hoping for more this time.

Broomdyke: I feel for you, it sucks when work places don't accept we have lives outside and you can't always plan 3 months or more ahead. My dh has pretty well wasted a week of his annual leave because af came 10 days later than normal and it was too late to cancel, he has 2 companies that have to approve or change any leave. Hope things don't get too bad for you. My work is pretty good but I only work part time, so it's not too hard to work around appointments and stuff. Our new 2ic is a bit of a cow though, expects all casuals to be super flexible, screw that, I told the company right from the start what I could and couldn't do, thats how they hired me and no inexperienced, chest puffing try-hard is going to make me change that. I refuse to let some crappy job(which I do like) get me stressed or upset, this is way more important.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps: your a sweetheart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi Ladies

I hope everyone is travellig beautifully in their cycles. I am currently waiting for AF to arrive any day now and I have injections at home waiting or me. I will be down for EPU in a fortnight or so. AF is normally like clock work lets see how she goes this month.
    I am feeling really extremely negative. We were told we are not a hard basket and its just a numbers game for us we are about to start round 3 and I dont feel like I am getting any where other than runing out of excuses to take time off work.
    I know how you feel Meshell. I have ended up telling my boss because at my work taking sick leave is frowned upon. I hope round 3 works for you sweetie. I really do.

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats really sad that your in such a hard work place! I know that wont be helping you at a time when you are emotionally vunerable and stressed!! Fingers crossed for you!

I am worried that this is the reaction that I will get from my Manager as well, she is not the nicest person and thinks the whole world revolves around work! (Yes even nurses can be very nieve and unsympathetic with these things) We get into trouble for taking any sick leave and have to sit in her office and have a "counselling" session to see if they can help us with whatever is going on! I do believe that there are some things they should just leave alone. I have decided not to tell my boss as I am wanting to do a post grad cert that I need her support in and I dont think she would give it if she knew that I wanted a baby! I did take sick leave from my night duty on Sunday but that was because I was in so much pain (although it came with an uncomfortable moment when you are at your work to get medication from one of the Dr's you work with cause the pain is unbearable stupid AF, although he was very supportive and offered me whatever sick leave i wanted!). It would be nice in an ideal world where people were more educated and understanding torwards IVF and the amazing things it is doing for people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's battles at work! If only someone from the anti-descrimination board was reading this forum. It's shocking to see how many of us are scared to have people know we are even thinking of having children! This should be the last thing we have to worry about with everything else going on! Remember, you and this journey are what is most important ladies!

Afm, I stopped taking the pill on Sunday in prep to start jabbing tomorrow. I have been so worried about how I was going to feel once that started I didn't even think that I would probably feel crap from the withdrawal of the pill! I've been fighting off a migraine all week. I wasn't really prepared for it all to start till later in the week. Just trying to get through each day now.

Finally got DH to understand that we can't say yes to doing things with people for the next few weeks because we just don't know how I'm going to be feeling with everything, but now we are actually looking forward to having a few weeks to ourselves with nothing on so we can just be totally focussed on each other.

This is our first cycle and I'll be jabbing 200 gonal-f from tomorrow then also orgalutran from Tuesday next week with BT and US on Friday 11th to determine EPU the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Im new to blogging! New to IVF and hoping to have a May cycle too.

Im 37, have a beautiful daughter born 2009 - naturally conceived with no difficulty. Now I find it so hard to accept that i am here doing IVF. So desperate for another but seems it will never happen. So hard to keep the faith...

Sadly, we conceived another child in May 2011 naturally again, but contracted cytomegalovirus (CMV) which killed my baby. Since May unable to conceive. Tried clomiphene 6 months, had an IUI cycle in Jan - failed, and just had a long down reg cycle in march/april and had an embyro transferred April 17th - but just found out it failed too.

Now awaiting appointment this friday to organise a FET. Desperate for it to be May but the clinic has a policy of waiting a month - seems an agony to wait - cant see a reason to wait - we have 2 snow bunnies on ice...all this waiting is destroying me - how do you girls stay so positive?? why does it feel so hopeless?

We dont know what its like to have a azoospermia - the doctors cant find any reason why we cant conceive - but im hoping that May will be the one for all your girls too. Its a hard road and my thoughts are with you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nurse just rang with my E2 results, they are perfect so I start my injections 150 Gonal-F from tommorow night. I have my scan and blood test booked in for 10.15 am on friday the 11th to check my progress. So nervous/ excited!!

Welcome Gampa sorry to hear about your last cycle, fingers crossed you will have some good news soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Ertgirl
    Allymumtobe
    Ms Jo
    Nicole83
    Sariele
    Dreamin
    dancingbutterfly