+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have had my E2 blood test to see if I can start my injections tommorow, fingers crossed!!

Question ladies for those of you that work do you or dont you tell your boss what is happening? How do you find they respond if you do?? I am debating if and when I would tell my boss if at all. At this stage I swap my shifts around my appointments etc (I work as an RN at a hospital). Just not sure if I firstly want work knowing my business, however what happens if I need to request time off?.. So complicated!! I would love some feedback on what others do in regards to this?!

Cheers Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi nic, a few people in my team know what's going on but I have asked them to keep it private. I am in line for a pay rise/promotion and have a fairly new manager so this is what I will be telling her. I dont want them to think ivf = baby = me leaving, so dont worry about her promotion! I am going to do it over email so I don't accidentally give away too much info. Since my manager and I work I two diff locations this is perfectly normal for us.

"hi xxx, just want to let you know that in a few weeks time I will be going in for day surgery. It's nothing to be worried about, just girl stuff. But I won't know the exact date until a few days beforehand because it all depends on my cycle". I will keep you posted when I know the date...it might even fall on one of my days off."

In my line of work, I should get away with that reasoning pretty easily and if for some reason I need to explain the exact reasoning (for eg off work for a week due to ohss) I can explain further without it looking like I lied in the first place.

Hope that helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (01-05-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ertgirl! I know I'm doing well but I still wish the weight would disappear over night so I could start cycling!!! It sucks that I kinda feel like I cant celebrate yet

Nicb13 I told my manager and supervisor. I told the supervisor as she will have todo my stuff when I'm out for appointments etc and my manager mainly so he approves the leave I need without too much hassle. However if I was going for promotions or new jobs I wouldn't be telling as that would disadvantage me I remember being told at my old job that since thy hired me I should not " even thing of running off an getting pregnant"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Ladies
    ertgirl: Would you please be able to move me to "jabbing"? My epu might be sunday or monday but I won't know sure until wednesday arvo at the earliest.

Allymumtobe: Your determination is inspiring, even if things are frustrating. You are so close now, I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey. Keep up the good work dear lady.

and for everyone.

afm: feeling sore, bloated and bruised. made a mess of my injections this morning. I'm starting to think part of my problem is the scarring I have from several laproscopies. Had the most awful headache earlier but thankfully its going now. Back for bt and u/s tomorrow

Goodluck all and take care

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amps View Post
    HI Ladies
    ertgirl: Would you please be able to move me to "jabbing"? My epu might be sunday or monday but I won't know sure until wednesday arvo at the earliest.

Allymumtobe: Your determination is inspiring, even if things are frustrating. You are so close now, I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey. Keep up the good work dear lady.

and for everyone.

afm: feeling sore, bloated and bruised. made a mess of my injections this morning. I'm starting to think part of my problem is the scarring I have from several laproscopies. Had the most awful headache earlier but thankfully its going now. Back for bt and u/s tomorrow

Goodluck all and take care
    Thank you

I hope you feel better soon! I know a girl who had a few laps but still eventually conceived .... I believe in you!!!!

Babydust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just an update, of the 6 eggs icsi'd 4 fertilized. I'm finding it so hard to remain positive I just feel like they r slowly dropping off on me as they have in my last cycles. I can't beleive how emotional I am this time, just thinking about it is making me tear up. I guess I'm just struggling to think how it can b a different result and it's really getting me down especially knowing that we can't afford another cycle for awhile. It doesn't help that for some reason I am getting extremely bloated and am getting pains in my tummy area since EPU. Has anyone else experianced this? Ive been taking Panadol which doesn't seem to b helping much and usually I'm fine the next day, wonder if it's bcos i had a lap just 2.5weeks ago do u think? Not sure whether to call my fs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    capri_12 - I don't have any answers for you, as this is my first cycle, but I would think that it could be a good idea to give your FS a call - even just for the reassurance factor. Hope you are okay.

Well, after jabbing for 4 days at 112.5 units of Gonal F (as compared with the 50 I did when on injections with IUI), my blood test showed a low estradiol reading, so I have to up the dose to 150 units. My FS actually asked if I'd started jabbing, as the reading was so low.

What dose of the Gonal F is everyone else on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicb13 View Post
    Well I have had my E2 blood test to see if I can start my injections tommorow, fingers crossed!!

Question ladies for those of you that work do you or dont you tell your boss what is happening? How do you find they respond if you do?? I am debating if and when I would tell my boss if at all. At this stage I swap my shifts around my appointments etc (I work as an RN at a hospital). Just not sure if I firstly want work knowing my business, however what happens if I need to request time off?.. So complicated!! I would love some feedback on what others do in regards to this?!

Cheers Nic
    Nic I've told my work as well. I just found it was easier to get time off when I needed to for appointments ect. and that they were understanding as to why I'm an emotional wreck some days. I try to keep it together as much as I can at work but i find it extremely difficult to sometimes especially if I've been told bad news. I guess it depends on how comfortable u feel doing this tho. When I told my manager she was extremely understanding and said if I ever need time out from work during the day or if I felt I needed to go home I could. So having this peace of mind knowing I don't have to stress about what work thinks has really helped for me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to capri_12 For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Nic

My Managers know and I get alot of support which is great especially if I'm not feeling well like I did after my last ET they don't question me having time off or even demand medical certificates. I actually got a promotion even with HR and a couple of Managers knowing what I was going through. I also find it easier them knowing that I am on hormones especially if I get upset over the silliest of things.
    But it all comes down to how comfortable you feel letting people know everyone is different.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eaglegirl For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Capri, can you take some Panadine? I think that works better for more internal pains and operational pains too. Our FS said we could take either Panadol or Panadine, but I agree with Girl x give your FS a call. All my fingers are crossed for you get to implant one of your eggs.

Girl x – I was on 150 of the Gonal F

Everyone else, hope your travelling well, keeping positive and relaxed.

EPU tomorrow, surprisingly calm, though I don’t think I will get much sleep tonight as I am sure the nerves will kick in soon enough.