+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 254 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just google it and found this: In OHSS the blood is thick because the water that should be in the blood has accumulated in the abdomen.

:so I'm assuming Clexane gets the blood moving by thinning it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

Hope everyone's IVFs are going as good as can be and especially all the pregnancies!

Went to the doctor today after getting the BFN yesterday, and since I got OHSS last month he wants me to wait a month before trying again. So me and DH will be trying on our own this month . Wouldn't that be crazy if I got pregnant naturally?! Lol Also my husband got a new job and this is our last week with fertility insurance so we are trying to get all of the meds that I will be needing now before we don't have it anymore...Hopefully this is a good choice. But if I did get pregnant this month and didn't need the meds I wouldn't complain of course But with 15 frozen blastys the next transfer shouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Hi ladies
    Goodluck today littlesunflowers, rachael3 and tootyfruity! Am thinking of you all

again everyone.

Girls with the clexane questions - can I ask a dumb one of you please?
    Why are you on clexane? Is it a blood clotting thing?
    I only know of clexane from my brothers leukaemia treatment, when he got a clot in his central line.
    Is it a miscarriage treatment thing?

Sorry, just being inquisitive!

xx
    It's a blood thinning thing - I have only started using it this cycle as my FS did extra tests last cycle to find out why the eggs having been taking and found out that my levels are a little high (or low cant remember - I still have the results sheet at home). So now I have to do 60 of these things from the day after collection until I am 12 wks preggars if I get a BFP. Whatever they think will help - I just roll with the punches now haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Girls with the clexane questions - can I ask a dumb one of you please?
    Why are you on clexane? Is it a blood clotting thing?
    I only know of clexane from my brothers leukaemia treatment, when he got a clot in his central line.
    Is it a miscarriage treatment thing?

Sorry, just being inquisitive!

xx
    Hi Sel - Clexane is a blood thinner, just helps to get the blood flowing around the body I guess as pregnancy increases blood volume - I am also taking aspirin which does the same thing I think! Ah well, it hurts but whatever works, I'll stick with it. It's actually used for the prevention and treatment of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) but obviously is used for many other things too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBelieved View Post
    As far as I know it's a blood thinning thing that reduces the chance of clots etc? After my last blood test they said everything is fine and that once my dose is finished (10 injections) I don't need it any more. So in short...I don't know
    Lucky you! I think I am up to injection number 29!! Ouchies! I have been told to keep taking all my medication until I see my FS on the 6th July at least - so just over another week to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redrobin View Post
    It's a blood thinning thing - I have only started using it this cycle as my FS did extra tests last cycle to find out why the eggs having been taking and found out that my levels are a little high (or low cant remember - I still have the results sheet at home). So now I have to do 60 of these things from the day after collection until I am 12 wks preggars if I get a BFP. Whatever they think will help - I just roll with the punches now haha
    seems like i am in the same boat if my FS wants me to continue taking them too - that means I'm half way there after tonight, woo hoo!!! lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All...

I have said it before but this thread moves lightning fast!

Lkeith are you in Australia? I really hope your next cycle is a success and having 15 blasts on ice is AMAZING

I still cant believe i got a BFP...dont feel any different yet, just going along normally but i need to remember not to eat certain things which is hard cause they are all the things I love, but worth it for sure.

I am a little scared to join the due date threads yet....after the 7 weeks I think I will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh, thanks ladies. That makes sense. I know lots of people take it. And yeah my bro was on it for a clot!
    He got lots of bruises too. Seems its an ouchy injection

Hey Nicsta83 - Ive been wondering how you are going. The not eating certain things is tricky - Ive just had a salad bar salad for lunch But only vego, nothing listeria-ish! And I love all the no go things too - feta, brie, cold chicken, vietnamese rolls with meat, salami But of course worth it!

I think Im going to ring the clinic tomorrow to ask for another BT on friday, just to check progress, Im going to go spare otherwise.

And like you, Im not joining a thread til after the first scan and even then...

I am still getting pretty significant waves of nausea. And with such low levels of HCG, pathetic really

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - what is CID?
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sel - I have no nausea yet which is great...! I have a GP appt on Monday, ill ask him to take bloods then. I also think it would be nice for peace of mind to have another BT, but i havent asked...let me know how you go.

I think more than anything i have still been shocked.....shocked that it worked! Shocked that my life is actually going to change and that I am going to be responsible for someone for the rest of my life maybe im feeling a little overwhelmed, which seems stupid as I clearly knew this could be the outcome!

So whilst it is soooo exciting its also sooo scary