+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking Roll Call

By the way, if anyone is a bit nervous about updating the rollcall I can do it for you, I promise I'll be popping on more regularly. Just let me know where you want to be on it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (27-04-2012),Nrtee  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! How busy are we! Hello to everyone
    Well, I'm still a big wimp with the needles, but DH happily gives them to me now, without trying to convince me I could actually do it (he realises I am a complete lost cause). I don't actually ice, sometimes I feel nothing and other times a slight sting, all completely bareable. Only three more days of needles. YAY! Oh, I'm petrified of spiders too!
    Well, I went for my scan yesterday... two actually... I don't go to my FS for the first scan, because we live so far away, and the scan place I went to had a new machine and they accidently deleted my first scans. ho hum. I said that's fine, since I enjoyed it so much the first time, I'd do it again. Just so you know, I didn't actually enjoy it... but of course I wouldn't say no. Seriously.
    Apparently I have heaps of follicles, so now I'm really worried about OHSS, but FN said, not to worry 'we can choose the type of trigger medication'... Does this really make a difference????
    I still feel fine at the moment, except a bit achy and FS has left the doseage the same. He's happy too.
    Head down to the big smoke on Sunday, with the next scan on Monday with the FS... If all well EPU on Wednesday...
    Anyway...

I didn't tell work what I'm doing. I put in for Annual Leave for the week I have to be away, and just have sick leave, with the very bland 'I have an appointment'. If anyone does ask, 'oh, just lady problems', pretty much covers it. I do live near a very small town though, where everyone wants to know everything, but I'm a really private person. Which is why I love BH and can talk about things and then not be an object of gossip!
    Best wishes to all, for those whose plans have gone a bit awry, please stay positive! You will get there! and have a lovely evening.

Thanks
    Reviews

Angry Popping pills

Hi Girls, I have been back on the pill for a week now has or did anyone notice if they were moody while on the pill?! I haven't taken it for 2 years up until now as its require for 2 weeks before I start my jabs but noticed that I am very snappy (and this is before the jabs lol).

I guess I'm trying to work out if I am snappy due to the pill or if its maybe that I am feeling the anxiety of going through our first cycle! I'm kind of feeling a little out of control with my emotions & am not liking it one bit lol.

Thanks Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrtee View Post
    Hi Girls, I have been back on the pill for a week now has or did anyone notice if they were moody while on the pill?! I haven't taken it for 2 years up until now as its require for 2 weeks before I start my jabs but noticed that I am very snappy (and this is before the jabs lol).

I guess I'm trying to work out if I am snappy due to the pill or if its maybe that I am feeling the anxiety of going through our first cycle! I'm kind of feeling a little out of control with my emotions & am not liking it one bit lol.

Thanks Ladies!
    Hi Ntree, I had been on the pill for 13 years before coming off and trying for our first, I never had any side effects, but since being off the pill (approx 5 years) and recently having to go back on to align my cycle with the first IVF treatment, I have found that I have been extremely irritable (like I get just before a period, but 10 x worse!) My hubby has noticed it and is a bit worried about how I'll react when I have to start the hormone injections next week...! I am hoping I'll be ok.. I am snappy, irritable and my bug bear is the house feeling FILTHY when there is a speck of dust anywhere, or put out by the fact that there is a load of washing waiting to be folded and he hasn't started it.... I am anxious and have been comfort eating (to avoid thinking about the injections)... To make things worse, some of my friends know that I have to go through IVF to have another baby, I haven't told anoyone in my state taht I am actually doing it - other than family and 1 close friend that it is happening this month (without details) and today in the FS office, I have a colleague turn up with her partner.... OMG - so akward...!!! Anyway, hope eveything is swimming along for everyone else, look forward to hearing everyone's updates! <3 xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrtee View Post

Thanks Ladies!
    Nrtee - omg yes! I have huge mood swings on the pill. Dont remember it when I was taking frequently but the month before our first cycle i felt horrible!! :screwy: poor DB had to have alot of patience with me x

Try and do some things that you enjoy. I found boxing and gym was a perfect release for my frustration.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps Ladies my moodiness stopped when I started jabbing so hopefully you will be the same xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really dumb question, if anyone can answer, I guess I should ask my FN, but I won't be able until Monday. The number of Follicles does not actually equate to the number of eggs does it? Just wondering if this is why the FN wasn't too concerned at the moment re OHSS. Is OHSS caused by the number of eggs and not follicles? Sorry for the double dutch, I hope I make sense Good night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new and this is my first IVF ICSI cycle. Its good to see you all on this journey at the same time as me. I'm 39 and have a very low AMH (1.1) and DH is 46 and is fine. We are going though Melbourne IVF and so far my FS has been very good. I am currently on day 8 and just had my first scan. So far we have 4 folicles. I'm on the antagonist IVF cycle and my FS had me on 500 of Gonal F which he has now put up to 600. Anyone know if you can grow more folicles at this stage? My FS said something about upping the dose to see if there are anymore there. I was happy with 4 as I was worried I wouldn't respond at all with my AMH.
    Sorry I am rambling on. I am happy to read all your stories and baby dust to everyone. :-)
    Last edited by Lily72; 28-04-2012 at 13:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nrtree & Khutch, I was exactly the same as Dancingbutterfly. Real moody on the Pill, but good once I started jabbing. I was really worried I would be a total Dragon, but other then being a bit snappy because I have headaches and feel tired, I'm good. But no more snappy then if I normally feel tired or have headaches. Headaches have eased too.
    I also put weight on with the Pill, I wasn't sure if it was just emotional eating because I was anxious, but once I started the needles this settled back to normal too, so glad I'm not on the Pill all the time!
    Good luck lovely ladies!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

Nrtee  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Really dumb question, if anyone can answer, I guess I should ask my FN, but I won't be able until Monday. The number of Follicles does not actually equate to the number of eggs does it? Just wondering if this is why the FN wasn't too concerned at the moment re OHSS. Is OHSS caused by the number of eggs and not follicles? Sorry for the double dutch, I hope I make sense Good night!
    I have experienced mild ohss and it's not very pleasant at all. This is what I know about it: no the number of follies doesn't equate to an exact number of eggs but your FS will have a good idea of how many follies might produce eggs depending on their size. For example 20mm follies will produce eggs but a follie at just 2mm probably won't. Yes your fn is correct in being able to control Ohss by choosing the drug to trigger. Drugs with pure LH hormone given to someone with 10+ eggs has a higher chance of ohss. So if they think they might get a high number of eggs then they will pick a different trigger. For my next cycle FS said if it looks like we have 16 eggs or less, we will trigger with pregnyl and if it looks like 20+ we will trigger with synarel. Anything in between and he will decide on the day of scan. So why not always trigger with synarel or similar? Because pregnyl and LH based drugs mature the eggs a little bit better than non-LH drugs so they are preferred. But I believe the statistics are very minimal between the two. So the FS will just go with the best option depending on the circumstances. Hope that helped, this is just info from what my FS explained so others might have a different explanation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (28-04-2012)