+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Not good saw a different doctor from last time and she said I have to lose 20kgs so I have called my original doctor who said he'd look at my file again but now I don't know when I'll start ivf :.(
    Oh Ally, so sorry to hear that. I have a ton of weight to lose but because of my age they think it's more important to do another cycle sooner. Hang in there though, maybe the other Dr you saw will have other ideas.

Nicole, thanks for that feedback. Did you have probs getting DH to take everything? I have enough trouble getting DH to take Spermax & a multi. I will work on him though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Oh Ally, so sorry to hear that. I have a ton of weight to lose but because of my age they think it's more important to do another cycle sooner. Hang in there though, maybe the other Dr you saw will have other ideas.

Nicole, thanks for that feedback. Did you have probs getting DH to take everything? I have enough trouble getting DH to take Spermax & a multi. I will work on him though.
    That's awful ally. Where are you based? My FS tends to go with ertgirls FS thinking - better to get the cycle started sooner than worry about the weight too much.

Ertgirl - some nights dh is a bit slack and I have to remind him 50 times to take his meds but overall he doesn't mind. He knows this is the only way we can have babies and realizes how grim our chances our without all the supps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, I started another thread for May, but it looks like this is the place to be so I'm jumping in here instead.

Brief recap of my story: Me = pretty much perfect at this stage, DF = zero count, and when he did have a (very low) count six years ago, severe low motility and morphology.

We will be attempting ICSI after we get back from our honeymoon using frozen samples that DF thankfully had frozen after two failed ICSI attempts with his ex-wife several years ago. If none of them are successful, we will probably need a donor.

I won't be starting cycling until late May as my first post-honeymoon AF will probably arrive around the 21st May (my birthday, yay. Lol).

But for the time being, I've got a wedding in 24 days to focus on! Woo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole that's interesting! I asked my FS yesterday if anything could improve my DH's MFI and she said no. Can I ask how much of each ingredient he needs to eat and is it everyday or once a week?

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm based at the royal women's Melbourne ivf but I am seriously. Onside ring leaving and starting from scratch if they deny me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Hi Nicole that's interesting! I asked my FS yesterday if anything could improve my DH's MFI and she said no. Can I ask how much of each ingredient he needs to eat and is it everyday or once a week?
    Gojis and pumpkin seeds are a small handful. I think the info sheet said 20 pumpkin seeds but we just do small handful cos its easier than counting them out. Aloe is 20ml, we mix it with orange juice and make it up as if the aloe was cordial, that's how we estimate the 20ml and it probs comes out more than 20ml but OJ hides the taste. Does that make sense? The rest are one tablet per day. Everything is taken once per day.

Have they diagnosed why he has mfi or just unexplained?
    Last edited by nicole83; 20-03-2012 at 15:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    I'm based at the royal women's Melbourne ivf but I am seriously. Onside ring leaving and starting from scratch if they deny me
    Could have provided a suggested FS if you were in Bris

Hope you sort it all out soon.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Could have provided a suggested FS if you were in Bris

Hope you sort it all out soon.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole, he had Cancer and the Chemo caused problems with his fertility but he hasn't lost all fertility.

FS hasn't gone into details about his count, though has suggested it may of been a problem before chemo.

FS said if he doesn't like tablets don't make him take them because they won't do anything anyway! His Oncologist said the same thing, I can't see the harm in trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariele , welcome & hope the wedding plans are coming along well, I can't believe how many of us there are where DH has probs. Usually I feel quite lonely on these forums because male factor is our main problem.

Hi kmvw , welcome too. I was told the same thing by our FS, but decided that a few multi vits & spermax tabs couldn't hurt.

Ally, I would definitely seek a 2nd opinion if you don't get any help where you're at. Hang in there hun

Nicole, thanks for the amounts your DH takes, I could probably get my DH to take the pumpkin seeds, but I think I'd struggle with the goji & aloe vera

Can't wait till May girls! Looks like AF will be due around the 27th of April, which will be day 1 of my cycle. Bring it on