+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 254 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thank you!

What a day! As I mentioned earlier, my OB told me to go to the GP for my BT. So I did that this morning, and got the call at 4.30pm.

The GP said my hcg levels are 84, and he didn't know how to interpret that as his charts aren't based on early pregnancy, but that it counted as pregnant, and that I should speak to my OB.

I called the OB's office and got the less pleasant of the 2 receptionists (1 is lovely - 1 not so much), and she refused to put me through to anyone else. She had a go at me for getting a BT from the GP, and when I told her my OB said to, she told me I should have waited until Fri when I was scheduled for a BT. She said there was nothing they would do until then.

I asked if I could check the number with someone, and she looked up whether they had been sent the test result by the pathology place, and got annoyed that they didn't have it. I said that I had the hcg number, and could give it to her, and she said that she had to have it from the pathology place?!!

She said there was 'no point' testing before your scheduled BT, and that was it.

I came off the phone and had a big cry. Then I googled hcg levels, and saw that anything over 25 is considered pregnant, and that for 4 weeks pregnancy (a few days ahead of me) the average hcg is 75 - so that looks positive that mine was higher than that already.

THEN (still with me?) my OB phoned and was much nicer about everything. (He must have realised that Mean Receptionist had spoken to me, and therefore niceness was needed and fast!) He said all looks good, all looks positive, and that he'd be looking for a level of over 300 on Friday and, all being well, will do a scan 2 weeks from then. He also said that as I had the trigger shot 16 days ago it is highly unlikely to still be in my system.

So I am pregnant. But it's early.

So... all is good... I think??? I hate that we can't be fully woo-hooing just yet, but maybe a little quiet one...!! Big emotional day!

And for everyone, it seems! Some great results today - must be a lucky day for all of us!
    Whooooo!!!
    Cautious congratulations!
    How many transfers have you had? Just wondering for my own reasons lol

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    My DH is away so I have the added guilt of not waiting till he gets home like I said I would!

Question... do you count your dpo day from pickup? if that is the case I am 14dpo today or if from transfer I am 9dpo... I get so confused...
    Umm hmmm well how ever old your embryo is, I'm guessing is how long ago you O'd
    Example: my embryos were frozen @ 2 days, if I O on Monday, they count this as day zero, Tuesday day one, Wednesday as day two - on this day they transfer the two day embryo

Hope this helps?

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like FANTASTIC results! Yay

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I just had an amazing phone call
    we were told we had 4 embies (possibly 6) on Saturday
    today I was told we have 8!!!!!
    I guess 2 didn't divide after ICSI but over the weekend they did! the other 2 that were not great have divided nicely!
    I have 2 at 8 cells, 4 at 7 cells and the late little 2 at 6 cells.
    I know you have a low percentage rate to make it to day 5, but I'm so happy!
    waiting to get in touch with DH.. he isn't going to believe it
    FANTASTIC results! X

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

adden  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Whooooo!!!
    Cautious congratulations!
    How many transfers have you had? Just wondering for my own reasons lol

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    This was my first.

We've been trying for a long time though, initially with Clomid, then FSH, and also FSH + IUI cycles. This was the first attempt at IVF, but we've been going for 15mths or thereabouts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats GirlX!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a rollercoaster GirlX....sounds like that receptionist has lost the sensitivity to deal with a highly emotional time! Sounds like the OB was much nicer...you'll be woohooing before you know it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SheBelieved For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your persistence Girl X I would be exactly the same. Don't let the mean receptionist get you down, some need to remember that their not a receptionist at a business office but in a place where people are more sensitive and going through a lot. Congrats on the news so far!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow look at all the awesome news today!!!!

Congrats girlx . That receptionist sounds horrid! But dont let hrr takr away from the very real fact that you are pregnant!!

Adden woohoo!!! Go little embies.

Amyel fx for you tomorrow morning. This part is hard huh. I think O is the epu from memory?!

Dextersmum wow! Congrats. Hoping that little embie is getting super comfy!

Sel i am with you... Report writing... Whoops how did google appear!?? Hang in there x

Frannie thanks for the post! How are you?!

Shebelieved woohoo great numbers!!!! Hope you relaxed today hun x rest up!

Nebiskus not long until your scan!!! Hooray for possible twins. Keep us update x

AFM 6dp5dt. Nothing new today. Same cramps, funny pinches. But no spotting (last cycle it started morning of day 6). Fx!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

adden  (18-06-2012),Guest654  (18-06-2012),SelM22  (18-06-2012),SheBelieved  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do I post a pic from iPad... Got something to show you girls