+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 242 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2420
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH is away so I have the added guilt of not waiting till he gets home like I said I would!

Question... do you count your dpo day from pickup? if that is the case I am 14dpo today or if from transfer I am 9dpo... I get so confused...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought you ladies wondering when to poas might find this interesting... Copied from earlier in the thread.

3 Day and 5 Day Transfers
    For those who are on their TWW and want to know what is going on in there here is a list for 3 and 5 day transfers.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryoCea is growing and developing
    0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
    6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
    fetal cells
    8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secrete in the blood
    9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
    HPT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Question... do you count your dpo day from pickup? if that is the case I am 14dpo today or if from transfer I am 9dpo... I get so confused...
    Hi Amy,

I was confused with this too. I was told you count ovulation as when you had egg pick up, and the way they calculate how many weeks pregnant you would be is to take it back 14 days before that, so you would be 14dpo, and if pregnant you would actually already be considered 4 weeks... A

4. The Following User Says Thank You to franniesplace For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if the last Ovidrel injection I had was on transfer last Saturday and that was only a small amount would that be out of my system now? That was 9 days ago...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh YAY! GirlX - you just put the biggest grin on my face! Hurry up Friday! xxx

adden - that is the most amazing news babe! You must be over the moon! xx

dextersmum - woooo! Fingers so tightly crossed xx

What a fabulous day here in our little world!

AFM: Just got back from EPU and they got 14 eggies so woohoo for us! Now fingers crossed that we get good news re: embies! Off to veg on the couch watching trashy tv and reading trashy magazines!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheBelieved For This Useful Post:

adden  (18-06-2012),Guest654  (18-06-2012),MARTTC  (18-06-2012),SelM22  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBelieved View Post
    Oh YAY! GirlX - you just put the biggest grin on my face! Hurry up Friday! xxx

adden - that is the most amazing news babe! You must be over the moon! xx

dextersmum - woooo! Fingers so tightly crossed xx

What a fabulous day here in our little world!

AFM: Just got back from EPU and they got 14 eggies so woohoo for us! Now fingers crossed that we get good news re: embies! Off to veg on the couch watching trashy tv and reading trashy magazines!
    congrats on the 14 eggs!! thats an amazing result! well done!
    rest up.. I still feel a bit sore (although I overdid it on the weekend)

yep.. we are pretty happy. I was in shock!
    I forgot to reply - no, we were in day surgery on friday, not the clinic.. LO went to MIL's house. glad you didn't go up to anyone! hahahaahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats girlx on your BFP! I could see your photo too... Looked very similar to mine... Faint, but definitely there! So excited for you )

When is your BT? Mine was supposed to be today, but since I am still in Brisbane, I have to wait until I get back to Adelaide and do it on Wednesday now...

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's results soon too!

I did giggle about the getting pregnant while away on holidays comment too...
    Another funny story i have to share... i told my friend I would leave my HPT with the BFP with her so she could scare her husband... Her reply was "you actually need to be having sex to get pregnant.." to which I replied, "I can prove you wrong on that one you know..."

Sending you all baby dust and wishing you BFP's soon too!

If you are still in your 2ww.... Hang in there... You will be there before you know it...

Just wondering one more thing... Did anyone else have 2 embies transferred? I am thinking I might be pregnant with twins is all... That will make life interesting!

My scan is on the 25th June (the day after my birthday) so I will be able to update you on the twin factor then...

- Nebiskus xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebiskus For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-06-2012),MARTTC  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I caved and bought a HPT... I will do it in the morning, wish me luck, I have a feeling it will be a BFN, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you!

What a day! As I mentioned earlier, my OB told me to go to the GP for my BT. So I did that this morning, and got the call at 4.30pm.

The GP said my hcg levels are 84, and he didn't know how to interpret that as his charts aren't based on early pregnancy, but that it counted as pregnant, and that I should speak to my OB.

I called the OB's office and got the less pleasant of the 2 receptionists (1 is lovely - 1 not so much), and she refused to put me through to anyone else. She had a go at me for getting a BT from the GP, and when I told her my OB said to, she told me I should have waited until Fri when I was scheduled for a BT. She said there was nothing they would do until then.

I asked if I could check the number with someone, and she looked up whether they had been sent the test result by the pathology place, and got annoyed that they didn't have it. I said that I had the hcg number, and could give it to her, and she said that she had to have it from the pathology place?!!

She said there was 'no point' testing before your scheduled BT, and that was it.

I came off the phone and had a big cry. Then I googled hcg levels, and saw that anything over 25 is considered pregnant, and that for 4 weeks pregnancy (a few days ahead of me) the average hcg is 75 - so that looks positive that mine was higher than that already.

THEN (still with me?) my OB phoned and was much nicer about everything. (He must have realised that Mean Receptionist had spoken to me, and therefore niceness was needed and fast!) He said all looks good, all looks positive, and that he'd be looking for a level of over 300 on Friday and, all being well, will do a scan 2 weeks from then. He also said that as I had the trigger shot 16 days ago it is highly unlikely to still be in my system.

So I am pregnant. But it's early.

So... all is good... I think??? I hate that we can't be fully woo-hooing just yet, but maybe a little quiet one...!! Big emotional day!

And for everyone, it seems! Some great results today - must be a lucky day for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Ok so I caved and bought a HPT... I will do it in the morning, wish me luck, I have a feeling it will be a BFN, though!
    Good luck Amy! Keep us posted!!