+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 242 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2420
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nebiskus, I'm up to day 6 of my 2ww & OTD is thurs 21/6... have you tested yet?

Katiana, that's great news that you're PUPO. I agree, you are so brave for having gone through 21 cycles. How did you not go crazy???

& to all xx

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele, that is very sad. Good to know your mum is there while you can't be with your DH.

Well done SL1009! All that IVF practise paying off, it's wonderful for you!

Thanks Sel for your message the other day - have been busy and missed a few days of this thread. DH hasn't had any surgery to look for sperm yet, but every test came back normal including CF (but not all males with vas absence carry the CF gene I believe). Seems that our chances of sperm existing are good because of this, but FS said it wouldn't be good enough quality to freeze - he wants to use it fresh. I have seen a few people mention using frozen so I am not sure if that's just preference...no point in asking til we know it exists! I figure that this being our first IVF cycle, we take the chance - if we get sperm that will be fantastic, if we don't then we know for sure and can do a donor cycle with no surprises (including that surprise of "can I give myself injections?" Oh so glad that I can!!) next time. So we have a lot of unknowns but they are gradually dropping off the list - in two weeks we should have all the answers we need to at least plan further.

I'm now sniffing and jabbing and too scared to update the roll call myself now that Sel spent all that time making it pretty again!

Good luck for those awaiting transfer or already in the 2ww! Hoping I will be able to join you soon!

Katiana I did a double take at 21 IVFs. No one should have to go through that, it would take a lot of strength - you deserve a medal! Good luck for this 2ww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ertgirl and littlesunflowers, hi the 21 transfers where over 6 years .... 7 EPU, just had 8th epu, trust me sometimes crazy is good to be
    Last edited by katiana; 16-06-2012 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I truly admire you for everything you have been through, you are a real inspiration. 21 full stim cycles!! Is this the first time you've got frosties or have you also had FETs as well as all of your IVF cycles?

I'm only on my second cycle and I'm already struggling. Do you have any advice on how to deal with all the ups and downs? I have a very supportive DH but all of out family and friends live in NZ so we're going it alone. Support would be nice at times, but I am a very private person and would rather keep it to myself anyway. I mut say though, I find the support I get from fellow hubbers fantastic.

I have everything crossed that you don't need those frosties, good luck.
    we have had frosties before, our last cycle which produced our daught, we only got 7 eggs with no frosties, but a baby girl
    we dont have family support, we too prefer to keep it to ourselves, work didnt know either. we just relied on each other and bubhub, this place is amazing to remind u , that this journey ure not alone.
    the ups and downs can be a real B&*^H but u got to remember, as hard as it can be sometimes, u are doing everything u can, the rest isnt up to u, relax with ure hubby, spend special time together that doesnt allow IVF talk. We tried EVERYTHING, and i cant tell u what really worked. research research research and see what works for u and stick with it. accupuncture worked for me in that it relaxed me, but not help implantation, for me. i read a book by dr alan beer, and it helped me see what i was doing wrong, and we went from there.
    now im rambling....

all i can advise is just take gentle care of each other. and as u can see from bubhub, u really arent alone.

feel free to ask me anything. im available to chat i think the more people talk about ivf the less the stigma about it.

babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you katiana. I'm not worried about any stigmas, I really couldn't care less what other people think, it's my life and I'm doing it my way. I'm more worried about others people's expectations and pity that we can't get pregnant, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me. I also feel like I'm letting my family down, no grandkids from me, no nieces or nephews for my siblings and worse no cousins for my beautiful nephew and nieces. I also don't want people asking every month if I'm UTD yet, it would just make me angry.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    Sariele, that is very sad. Good to know your mum is there while you can't be with your DH.

Well done SL1009! All that IVF practise paying off, it's wonderful for you!

Thanks Sel for your message the other day - have been busy and missed a few days of this thread. DH hasn't had any surgery to look for sperm yet, but every test came back normal including CF (but not all males with vas absence carry the CF gene I believe). Seems that our chances of sperm existing are good because of this, but FS said it wouldn't be good enough quality to freeze - he wants to use it fresh. I have seen a few people mention using frozen so I am not sure if that's just preference...no point in asking til we know it exists! I figure that this being our first IVF cycle, we take the chance - if we get sperm that will be fantastic, if we don't then we know for sure and can do a donor cycle with no surprises (including that surprise of "can I give myself injections?" Oh so glad that I can!!) next time. So we have a lot of unknowns but they are gradually dropping off the list - in two weeks we should have all the answers we need to at least plan further.

I'm now sniffing and jabbing and too scared to update the roll call myself now that Sel spent all that time making it pretty again!

Good luck for those awaiting transfer or already in the 2ww! Hoping I will be able to join you soon!

Katiana I did a double take at 21 IVFs. No one should have to go through that, it would take a lot of strength - you deserve a medal! Good luck for this 2ww!

Hi littlesunflowers!
    Lol re the updating thing, update away! I was just trying to make it more manageable! LMAO
    Re sperm seems you are in similar situation to us. I think with my DH his frozen stuff is better! But with only one cycle that has been useful using each, I guess we dont know!
    4 blasts out of 6 egss when we had never got that far before is pretty good though.
    Hang in there with the shots!
    And you are right, first cycles are about testing things out.

Adden - 4 or 6 embies is good
    Hope they are incubating away in the petrie dish nicely!

Katiana - yah for another TWW, although as I type that I realise how lame that must sound.
    Ngaiz and Katiana hats off to you for not telling anyone. I couldnt do it. My boss knows, my close colleagues do etc. Its tough and I agree its intensly private, Im just not so good at hiding these things

Hope my fellow TWWers are surviving!!
    I am starting to go bonkers already. Wouldnt be so bad if my lower abdomen didnt feel so heavy today, reminding me everytime I stretch or reach or something. I feel like I have pulled a muscle ! Oh well, suck it up Sel and stop over analysing everything LOL!

xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

adden  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Limbo Land
    Dreamin
    Motherwillbe
    Cluckyduck
    Ellie82
    Squeak4123
    Hoping4bubs
    KandP
    Mrsjaguar
    Ms Jo
    Eskimo81

Waiting for AF
    Rittzy
    GemimaP
    2012yearofhappiness
    allymumtobe
    Arli
    Jeanie26

Waiting for FET
    Amysan

Pill Popping
    megbob

Jabbing
    Rae81
    Emmylou81
    Mamaharriet
    Wunsi

Sniffing
    b4us
    redrobin

Sniffing & Jabbing
    Nicb13
    littlesunflowers

EPU
    TTcmummy
    adden - 15/06

tootyfruity – 22/6
    SheBelieved – 18/6

ET
    dancingbutterfly 12/6

FET
    Kmvw - Friday 25th May, Natural FET
    MARTTC 14/6
    April78 18/6

TWW
    Clementine Grace
    Nicole83
    Nrtee
    Angel382
    wishful05 - BT 12/6
    SL1009 - BT 14/6
    GreenApple
    Jeannie1 - BT 16/6
    AmyEL- BT 21/6
    GirlX – 22/6
    SelM22 - BT 22/6
    Nebiskus
    Ertgirl - 21/6

Dextersmum – 23/6
    Nicsta83 25/6
    Katiana – 29/6
    Muzzy - 25/6

Hugs needed this time
    Prettypetal
    Mamaharriet
    Ms Jo
    Minxyq
    Amps
    Toni81

Franniesplace

Sariele

Graduates
    Nala9000
    Della77
    Mich4761
    Cluckyduck
    Mrs E 116
    Bellavista
    Meshell23
    Broomdyke
    Gampa - 25/07/12 = 12 weeks. EDD 8/2/13
    khutch - 26/7/12 = 12 weeks. EDD 7/2

SL1009

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello everyone. Welcome, Katiana

Well, I've had a few AF type feelings today, which freaked me out - but they seem to have gone again. Arghhh I hate this 2ww!

As for telling people, we've told all close friends and family. We've been TTC for a long time now, and tbh the support from friends and family has been great. I'm a very open person anyway, and it helps me to be able to talk about stuff. I wouldn't have wanted to not be able to share this/ talk to people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm exactly the same GirlX, I share everything and I think because I'm open people ask questions and are really beginning to understand, I find it's easy to deal with if people know... But everyone's very different, whatever makes you comfortable I suppose...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree also I have told most ppl, I find it's easier for support :-)

Nicstar we are getting our blood test same day :-)