+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 254 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arli View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im Michelle I have just joined this forum seeking some support. I am currently awaiting my period which is due Tuesday to start my second antogonist IVF cycle.

Its been a journey which I have undertaken with really no support from people who have gone through it - I came out of the first cycle a little worse for wear so thought I would seek out other people who are going though similar things.

I wish you all the best of luck this cycle and hope to get to know you all
    Hi Michelle welcome to the thread : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello everyone, and welcome Michelle

Just had the ET. It was different from what I'd expected - so I have more questions. Sorry - you'll all be sick of this soon, if not already!

I had read that ETs are usually done with an ultrasound. Mine wasn't, and I didn't think to ask. Are yours all done with ultrasounds? I read that they were more effective if done that way, so I'm a bit worried now.

I also read that you usually lie down for 20mins after. I was told to sit up and get changed straight away, and there was no lying down. Again I'm worried that might not give the little blastocyst the best chance.

My FS told me NOT to preg test, even though I said I would. He just kept saying not to, and my BT is 22/6. Arghh! But everyone tests early... right?

The procedure was a bit sore, but not terrible.

And the embryo results are good!

So, I had 12 eggs. All mature. 10 fertilised. Had 1 put in. 3 frozen today, and they reckon there may be another 1 or 2 that might be okay for freezing tomorrow! That's a good result, isn't it? I was excited that there are definitely at least 3 to freeze, just in case.

Amy - how did you get on with ET today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

Just had the ET. It was different from what I'd expected - so I have more questions. Sorry - you'll all be sick of this soon, if not already!

I had read that ETs are usually done with an ultrasound. Mine wasn't, and I didn't think to ask. Are yours all done with ultrasounds? I read that they were more effective if done that way, so I'm a bit worried now.

I also read that you usually lie down for 20mins after. I was told to sit up and get changed straight away, and there was no lying down. Again I'm worried that might not give the little blastocyst the best chance.

My FS told me NOT to preg test, even though I said I would. He just kept saying not to, and my BT is 22/6. Arghh! But everyone tests early... right?

So, I had 12 eggs. All mature. 10 fertilised. Had 1 put in. 3 frozen today, and they reckon there may be another 1 or 2 that might be okay for freezing tomorrow! That's a good result, isn't it? I was excited that there are definitely at least 3 to freeze, just in case.

Hey! My FS doesn't use an ultrasound and she also says you don't need to lay down for 20 mins afterward

Good embryo results!! Fx for u!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey girl x, pls don't stress.
    First, we would all kill for your embie production!! Well done. Only something like 20 percent of cycles get frosties! U go girl.

Re transfer lots of places don't use ultrasound. Both the clinics I've been with do. But others don't.

And re lying down, my two clinics don't do that either. I think the research says there is no difference in out outcome between lying down and not.

Take it easy today. Don't do anything to raise your temp.

Re testing, they all tell us not to. But most of us do. Do what helps u to get through. But remember the girls on here who got negs and were preggars. And remember pregnyl interferes. And really its only the blood test no that matters! Good luck with the tww. So happy for u!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you, both of you! That reassures me a lot.

And wow - I had no idea about the percentages for what happens embryo wise.

My FS is great, but for the EPU and ET I've felt a bit lost, as it's been a bit of a production line going in and out - not much chance to ask questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just had a call from the lab saying 18 fertilized!!! She said that was good! I don't know if we hear from them again until Tues now...which is when ET is. Is that normal or should they be calling again? So they were taken out fri and are going in Tues....that's day 4 right??? Don't most people get day 3 or 5?

Sorry for all the questions, being a newbie sometimes I feel pretty clueless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I not sure, but I think it depends on the clinic? I do think there is a cut off of what they will freeze as I know they can deteriorate in the defrost. If I'm wrong can someone please correct me!

Oh, also, that was 11mm.. not cm! haha!
    I got a call from my clinic.. my oestrogen is 999.. I have no idea about numbers/levels.. is that a good thing? I feel its high??
    Another US and BT on monday, guess I will know more then! I just hope my small little follicles grow before then!
    Adden, I don't think your oestrogen is too high. I was speaking to my FN who said that if oestrogen got up to around 18,000 it was a higher risk of OHSS. Mine on day 9 was around 4,500 so they did another on Day 11 to make sure it wasn't escalating. i think it's all good as I go in for EPU on Monday.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

adden  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frannies so sorry, so sucky,

GirlX, one step closer. Very exciting. Yay for frosties!

Nicsta83, WOW. Very exciting fertilisation there, hope it goes well on Tuesday.

Hi to everyone else, hope all is going well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-06-2012),SelM22  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give up, I am so confused. The bleeding seems to have stopped already. Maybe it was nothing? Maybe it wasn't? I have no way of knowing until my next test. I'm booked for Wednesday and can't speak to anyone till Tuesday anyway so I think I just have to resign to what will be will be till then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, both of you! That reassures me a lot.

And wow - I had no idea about the percentages for what happens embryo wise.

My FS is great, but for the EPU and ET I've felt a bit lost, as it's been a bit of a production line going in and out - not much chance to ask questions.

Yeah it can be a bit production line hey!
    Sorry Im a sucker for stats - its part of my day job!
    We all feel lost dont worry!
    I think its all looking brillo for you - well as much as you can ever know with the IVF/ICSI experiement!

Take it easy lovey!

xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-06-2012)