+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 254 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2536
  1. #1531
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Welcome nicsta
    First cycles are overwhelming! And pretty much about learning how things work for u!
    Gd luck!

    GirlX, go your embies!! One compacting is gd! I hope we get one doing that too.
    You go too AmyEL!

    Afm clinic rang, 6 out of 6 fertilised, high five to us! So far...
    Now if we don't get another call between now and Monday 1 we will be very happy.
    Please universe...

  2. #1532
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,276
    Thanks
    3,697
    Thanked
    3,090
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good work, Amy!

    The embryologist gave me so much info! I've written it all down, but takes a bit of getting my head around.

    SelM22 - I had no idea what compacting was until this morning! Still don't really, other than he said it was great. I'm guessing that looks like our most promising one so far then.

    Yay! Great that you got all 6! Will they call to tell you progress, or just implant on Monday?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

    SelM22  (07-06-2012)

  4. #1533
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Hi girls! Not sure if I'm in the right place as I'm only on CD3 and starting FSH on Saturday (have been on Synarel since CD21 of last cycle). I'm expecting (hoping!) EPU will be on/around 19th June which seems later than most of you so if you think I'd be better off in the July/Aug thread please let me know.

    We were lucky enough to have our first baby via IVF (after three miscarriages)and we are now trying again for no.2 doing an agonist cycle again. We didn't get any frozen embryos last time unfortunately so it's the whole kit and caboodle again. I'm a bit worried that the two years which have passed since we conceived our little girl will have a big impact in terms of the age of my eggs and chance of miscarriage etc but what can you do?

    I know it's different depending on drug dosage etc but does anyone know if there is an "average" number of eggs expected by age?

    Looking forward to reading up on your journeys and offering support and encouragement.

  5. #1534
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked
    247
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Girl X - No not sure what I am expecting. Had a scan on Monday and they said the right ovary was very active and the left was more on the normal side. They said something about the lining being good, but i cant remember the number. Once I get in there its like I forget all my questions and just go with the flow....very annoying for when I get home and want to google probably a good thing.

    SelM22 - Thanks for the welcome, thats what I was thinking for the first cycle, just see what works for us and go from there . Good to hear 6 out of 6 fertilised!

  6. #1535
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Roll Call

    Limbo Land
    Jeanie26
    Ertgirl
    Dreamin
    Motherwillbe
    Cluckyduck
    Ellie82
    Squeak4123
    Hoping4bubs
    KandP
    Mrsjaguar
    Ms Jo
    Eskimo81


    Waiting for AF
    Rittzy
    GemimaP
    2012yearofhappiness
    allymumtobe

    Pill Popping
    megbob
    Dextersmum

    Jabbing
    Rae81
    Emmylou81
    Mamaharriet
    Wunsi

    Sniffing
    b4us
    littlesunflowers
    Adden
    redrobin
    tootyfruity



    Sniffing & Jabbing
    Nicb13


    EPU
    TTcmummy
    Nicsta - 8/6
    Wunsi - 11/6

    ET
    Girl X - 9/6
    AmyEL - 9/6
    SelM22 - 11/6
    dancingbutterfly 12/6


    FET
    Kmvw - Friday 25th May, Natural FET

    TWW
    Clementine Grace
    Nicole83
    Nrtee
    Franniesplace BT 31/5
    Angel382
    wishful05 - BT 12/06
    Sariele - BT 15/6
    SL1009 - BT 14/6
    Toni81
    GreenApple
    Jeannie1 - BT 16/06

    Hugs needed this time
    Prettypetal
    Mamaharriet
    Ms Jo
    Minxyq
    Amps
    April78 for May
    Marttc


    Graduates

    Nala9000

    Della77
    Mich4761
    Cluckyduck
    Mrs E 116
    Bellavista
    Meshell23
    Broomdyke
    Gampa - 25/07/12 = 12 weeks. EDD 8/2/13
    khutch - 26/7/12 = 12 weeks. EDD 7/2/13


  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

    Guest654  (07-06-2012),Nicsta83  (07-06-2012),SelM22  (07-06-2012),tootyfruity  (07-06-2012)

  8. #1536
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Another update and I've moved some people who were doubled up in places, hope that is OK.

    Tootyfruity, I added you and of course you should be here, you can be in the other too, but there are still quite a few of us cycling through June. Welcome aboard.

    SelM22, congrats on the 6 for 6!! Grow little ones grow!

    Gekko, hope you can get going again when you want to. Good luck with FS tomorrow.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

    SelM22  (07-06-2012)

  10. #1537
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Good work, Amy!

    The embryologist gave me so much info! I've written it all down, but takes a bit of getting my head around.

    SelM22 - I had no idea what compacting was until this morning! Still don't really, other than he said it was great. I'm guessing that looks like our most promising one so far then.

    Yay! Great that you got all 6! Will they call to tell you progress, or just implant on Monday?
    Girl X - compacting means its making the important transition from cleavage embies to blast, or to having lots of cells! It's gd news. we've never got that far. some of the girls on here also haven't, for some this is because some clinics do day three (cleavage) transfers (or even d1 or d2 tranfers) others do day 5 blasts (mine does d4 and d5). All types of transfers give success, but from all my reading and believe me I have done lots over the last year or so, d5 are thought to be more successful per embie transferred. That isn't a view all share. The "risk" with d5 embies is u can end up with none, which happened to us last cycle. this means something wrong with the embies. in our case its crappy sperm and possibly a little bit of egg quality issue thrown in. (I work at a uni as a researcher so I have unlimited access to medical journals - which is good and bad and drives my FS nuts!!)

    pls feel free to ask questions, the girls here have loads of experience, and doctors, gd love them, can give a lot of info that doesn't mean much, is overwhelming, contradictory or just not necessary! This is an emotional journey!

    I can check with clinic on sat for d3 report if I want, otherwise its transfer Monday. which freaks me out because of what happened last time! So I'll be hoping not to get another call on the morning of transfer...

    Take care Xx
    Last edited by SelM22; 07-06-2012 at 15:34. Reason: mistakes

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

    Guest654  (07-06-2012)

  12. #1538
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tootyfruity View Post
    Hi girls! Not sure if I'm in the right place as I'm only on CD3 and starting FSH on Saturday (have been on Synarel since CD21 of last cycle). I'm expecting (hoping!) EPU will be on/around 19th June which seems later than most of you so if you think I'd be better off in the July/Aug thread please let me know.

    We were lucky enough to have our first baby via IVF (after three miscarriages)and we are now trying again for no.2 doing an agonist cycle again. We didn't get any frozen embryos last time unfortunately so it's the whole kit and caboodle again. I'm a bit worried that the two years which have passed since we conceived our little girl will have a big impact in terms of the age of my eggs and chance of miscarriage etc but what can you do?

    I know it's different depending on drug dosage etc but does anyone know if there is an "average" number of eggs expected by age?

    Looking forward to reading up on your journeys and offering support and encouragement.

    Tootyfruity - welcome! This is a great place to join. I did only a short while back too. IVF land can be very lonely, and truly no one knows what its like unless they've been there! Ask whatever you want, vent, say whatever!


    Im not sure how old you are - Im 34, 35 in Sept. So age is stressing me out a lot - and I have no children at this stage. My hubby has "severe" male factor - azoospermia, no sperm in semem, and poor quality in his testicular extraction.
    He's 41. So we have it stacked against us.

    For my "age" my FS says about 7 eggs is average. HOWEVER and its a big however, averages are just stats. My first retrieval with my new clinic we got 12 - high five, 10 mature, but...only 5 fertilised (sperm issue most likely the cause), so this cycle we have cooked the eggs for quality not quantity. You will see lots of the younger girls on here getting lots of eggs and that is an age thing. But some women have poor reserve even when young. Some older women have good reserve. Its all very individual. My FS had a long chat to me yesterday about this because I wasnt smiling after retrieval. I figured we'd be at 3 still going along today because of last times stats. But he was right, I was wrong (and stats is my job, so Ive learnt not to look quite so far ahead!)

    You have one child - well done. Dont worry too much about the egg thing yet, your cycle will help with learning more there. One step at a time (I have that written everywhere these days!)

    PS - lots of women who have had one baby through IVF get preggars quick the second time, I hope you are in that group!


    And as you say, "What can you do..."
    Its just one big science experiement roller coaster! Welcome aboard...again!
    xx
    Last edited by SelM22; 07-06-2012 at 15:45.

  13. #1539
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    PS sorry about the long posts. Im bored and now ventured out of bed to the normal computer, so easier to write more!

    And my DH, love him, but when I go to bed sick or for a rest, he thinks he should too, so driving me just a tad nuts. Yesterday he snored so I had to tell him off, today he's watching car programs, I mean come on, the remote should be mine while Im recovering LMAO!

    xx

  14. #1540
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,276
    Thanks
    3,697
    Thanked
    3,090
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Girl X - compacting means its making the important transition from cleavage embies to blast, or to having lots of cells! It's gd news. we've never got that far. some of the girls on here also haven't, for some this is because some clinics do day three (cleavage) transfers (or even d1 or d2 tranfers) others do day 5 blasts (mine does d4 and d5). All types of transfers give success, but from all my reading and believe me I have done lots over the last year or so, d5 are thought to be more successful per embie transferred. That isn't a view all share. The "risk" with d5 embies is u can end up with none, which happened to us last cycle. this means something wrong with the embies. in our case its crappy sperm and possibly a little bit of egg quality issue thrown in. (I work at a uni as a researcher so I have unlimited access to medical journals - which is good and bad and drives my FS nuts!!)

    pls feel free to ask questions, the girls here have loads of experience, and doctors, gd love them, can give a lot of info that doesn't mean much, is overwhelming, contradictory or just not necessary! This is an emotional journey!

    I can check with clinic on sat for d3 report if I want, otherwise its transfer Monday. which freaks me out because of what happened last time! So I'll be hoping not to get another call on the morning of transfer...

    Take care Xx
    Thank you so much for this. It does help make sense of some of the info. He gave me so many stats, and I wrote them all down and then didn't think to ask what everything meant! I just kept asking if it was normal!

    Will keep everything crossed for you for Monday.

    I'm a bit scared about the ET. I have no known egg issues, and DH has no issues. So far our only problem seems to have been that I don't ovulate, and (this time around) Clomid and injections + IUI don't seem to have hit the mark.

    Each time my endometrium has been really thin - I guess that comes from not ovulating! I'm just hoping that the drugs this time around will have produced a good lining, and that the progesterone will help it to thicken up.

    At my scan last week he said the lining was 'okay' but I don't think it was great. I had a few more days of injections after that though, so I'm hoping that it will be okay and the embryo ends up with something to hold on to!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 14:26
  2. Replies: 2550
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:57
  3. 2WW buddies- now until end May early June
    By Fortitude in forum IVF
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 13:46

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!