+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Thanks GirlX, I think I was thinking I should be feeling a little fuller round the abdomen or something. I'll know a bit more tomorrow I guess. 5kg, that's better than what I was told, which was 10kg, eek .
    I have been lucky enough not to put any weight on but I have been very very careful with that cause I am heavy already...

I have been bloated and have been feeling sick on and off, but I also had a bad cold last week so unsure exactly which symtons where for which!!

I only started feeling heavy in my ovaries about day 9 so you have plenty of time for that to start, but don't stress, when I had my first BT & scan they upped my Gonal dose as my E2 was too low... so even if you aren't where you need to be that is why they monitor you so closely cause they can adjust and make quick improvements if the need to

to you! Remember the first cycle is a learning curve for you and your FS as each and every person reacts differently to the hormones!

XX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

wunsi  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've pushed my BT forward to tomorrow now. Showed the FN my sticks and she was still very reluctant saying it was still most likely to be nothing even though it's obviously going up. She said its hard to explain, but she is still very sceptical so we'll have to wait and see tomorrow arvo I guess. She said it may still have gone up, but unless it's by an exceptional amount it still doesn't mean anything. Everything crossed again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone. WOW! So much is going on! I can't possibly reply to everyone.. sorry!
    I wish everyone the best in the TWW.. if you have any tips for keeping sane, let me know! Im not there yet, but will be hopefully soon!
    For those with BFP, Im so happy for you!
    for those with BFN Im so sorry! I wish it wasn't the way. I have asked myself 'why' a lot this cycle. why do we have to go through this? why me? why why why!!!!!
    Marttc - Im so sorry! I wish I could give you a big hug! hope a cyber hug will help! Praying you can get straight into the next cycle and you get your BFP very soon!
    GirlX.. thats amazing! 10 little babies woo hoo!!!
    Gekko - 3 is awesome! Congrats! Pray everything goes well for ET!
    AmyEL - thats great news! So happy for you! Pray you get some more good news soon!
    Wunsi - I have some bruises too. Im on day 6. You are lucky you have no symptoms! Im not feeling great, but I still have AF slightly.. so I always get headaches and feel crappy when she visits!

AFM - Im taking 2 injections a day (Pregnyl and GonalF) and sniffing Syneral. Im not sure what drug is responsible for what.. but Im feeling very tired. I haven't felt like this since I was pregnant! Im also very hormonal! Im getting a bit bloated, but not as bad as 2 years ago. I hope it doesn't get that bad again!
    Im feeling a bit tender today.. DS is teething and he just sobbed on my lap for an hour! poor little man! I felt like crying with him! so helpless!
    anyways, hope you are all travelling well what ever stage you are at.
    for those with BFN, pray you get to cycle again really soon! Lots of love to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Gecko- I'm in Perth so the biopsies are sent to Genea sydney (I think) as we can't do a fresh transfer I guess we aren't prioritised. You must be on the east coast right?
    That's awful!!! I wouldn't survive 6 weeks! I am in toowoomba. Had to book cycle around date of genetic testing. So my EPU was fri, Monday the embryos were sent to Brisbane to be biopsied, the cells were sent to Melbourne today and we get a phone call tomorrow with the results while prepped for ET.

Does this mean your embryos are biopsied then frozen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by franniesplace View Post
    So I've pushed my BT forward to tomorrow now. Showed the FN my sticks and she was still very reluctant saying it was still most likely to be nothing even though it's obviously going up. She said its hard to explain, but she is still very sceptical so we'll have to wait and see tomorrow arvo I guess. She said it may still have gone up, but unless it's by an exceptional amount it still doesn't mean anything. Everything crossed again!
    I know nurses have to be very careful about giving us false hope and such, but seriously, would it kill them to not be so negative?

wunsi - I didn't get any symptoms from stimming, the only thing was from around CD 9 or so I got twinges in my ovaries, most particularly when I sat down or stood up. But then I only had six eggs from EPU, so if you have more than that "brewing", you might feel more.

Ooh, the progesterone is kicking in. I feel like I'm about to cry for absolutely no reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Wow, franniesplace - that looks very positive indeed! No pregnancy 'feelings' doesn't mean anything - I didn't have any when I was pregnant with DD. Keep us posted!

dancingbutterfly - I reckon one of the easiest ways to avoid drinking/ a late one is to say that you haven't been feeling well. You can even say that you were in two minds about coming, but are feeling better now - just don't want to push your luck by drinking/ a late night.

AFM - Had my first EPU yesterday. It was a bit more emotional than I'd expected, as I found myself feeling so upset and angry in the wait to go in. Just angry that it's come to this. But I feel okay now, and glad we got 12 eggs - that's more than we were hoping for. We were expecting 9. Does that mean the FS miscounted follicles, or that one follicle can produce more than one egg? Waiting to hear how many fertilised today...

A couple of questions, as I'm new to all this:

1) I don't understand why the BT is 14 days after a 5 day transfer. Shouldn't it be 9 days after? Normally you'd test 14 days after ovulation. The embryo has had 5 days to grow already (post-O), so why isn't a BT at 9 days after that?

2) I also don't understand about why people who have had a positive pregnancy test are given blood tests every couple of days to monitor HcG levels. When I was pregnant with DD (non-IVF, Clomid baby) I did a POAS and got a positive, confirmed it with a blood test at the GP the same day, and then saw my FS a few days later for a scan. If you're pregnant, aren't you just pregnant? Is there something that's IVF specific that means an early pregnancy test/ BT could still be wrong? I'm worried about getting all excited about a potential positive, and then it still not being a 'real' positive. (I know all pregnancies can go wrong, but is there something IVF specific about this that explains why we all have multiple BTs to monitor levels day by day?)

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for your patience
    At my clinic they test at 15dpo so for a 5 day transfer u only wait 10 days.

They also do a few bloods just to confirm that numbers are rising - with my early mc the initial numbers werent great so we knew early it probably wasn't going to continue. It didn't make it easier but I guess knowing it was coming sort of prepared me if that makes sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    GirlX and AmyEL,

I am on my first IVF cycle and am having my first US and BT tomorrow to check for follicles. I think EPU will be over weekend, but I'm just wondering if you had symptoms/side effects from the drugs at my stage (Day 8). I am feeling no different, just a little bruised from some injection sites and a bit pimply. I'm hoping the follicles are growing .

Actually, anyone who has got any experiences for me would be welcome...
    I don't think I had any issues from the drugs till closer to the EPU.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

wunsi  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wunsi - This is my first cycle and I am now day 10 and no real symptoms except my ovaries are a little painful from time to time. I wouldnt worry, I am sure the drugs are working, but good luck for your scan tomorrow!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

wunsi  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    hey gampa

Did you have 1 embie or 2 put back?
    I am freaking there may be twinnies in my uterus eeeeek. I believe we both had bloods yesterday?
    Hi. I only had one out back, but we tried naturally as well ( not that it has worked for 2. Years) but hey what harm can it do. I'm pretty sure I've only got one on board but if I remember your HCG is higher?? But all pregnancy differ and they do so that the levels are HCG are not predictive of gestation, rather the trend in the HCG rising. I guess you'll find out soon enough. How cool would that be.- twins. !!
    U worried about twins??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    gampa you and I both, every time I go to bathroom I am checking toilet paper I get a cramp and freak I dont get a cramp and I freak I constantly look at the veins in my belly to see if they or my boobs are more prominent. This is going to be a long 8 weeks til I get to 12 week mark. Also I was mistaken I am due 8 feb also yay for having babies together!
    I am reading lil buddha quotes and positive affirmations to get me through. I really wat to go to yoga but cant bring myself to just yet. I have also wrapped myself in cotton wool.
    I have told my parents in laws and grandparents as they already knew I was cycling and I have told them its very early so dont get too excited just yet just have a lil positive thought that this works. Mother in law is already talking baby shower. I was like whoa hold up lady.
    Every friday I am a week further so I love fridays for a different reason than most people
    Me too every Friday is one step closer to a good outcome. I can't tell anyone yet I'm dying too. I had to tell a person at work today as she wanted me to lift so I said I wasn't and had to say why. I'm hoping that it didn't Jinx it. Do you think telling people jinxes the outcome. I'm not normally superstitious but I'm so frightened of a miscarriage I'll do anything to avoid it.