+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    miscarriage is definitely something that is playing on my mind a lot friday is my happy day means I am a week closer to being in a safer period
    How many weeks are you?
    It's so hard once you've had one, I imagine I'll struggle with another bfp although I'll be over the moon. The only advice I can give you is, you can't change it if it's going to happen, try not protecting yourself with worrying about a miscarriage & try and enjoy this special time x
    I'm so jealous, I want my bfp again..

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Youve had such an amazing journey. The wait is like torture. I think you count the day following transfer as day 1, that's what I did but not sure if that's correct. I think googling is ok! Let yourself google if you want. Just don't read too much into what you read! Anything to pass the time til you get the results is good. I'm so crossing fingers for you. I'm trying to set myself small goals. Get to have a heart beat then, to 8 weeks, then to 9. I'm so apprehensive, it kind of feels like the TWW all the time. I'm constantly reading into symptoms too! R my boobs sore today? Hmmm hope that means I'm still pregnant? Hmm I'm not nauseous yet? Is that bad. - its endless, I guess we all just have to temper our emotions and not read into things too much but it is soo hard. ....and my feeling on POaS are that POaS is not that good. False positives and false negatives are rife and the only reliable thing is the blood test. Keep positive, eat well and google all you want! It can only pass the time.
    So how far away is your first scan? You should be able to see heart beat from 6 weeks ish....I'm so excited for you. That's the only thing about that amazing BFP you have to wait so long to get out of the danger period and especially if you've experienced miscarriage previously it is like torture. I would love to be one of those women who feel confident in telling there friends their pregnant straight away but I just couldn't do it until I got to at least 12 weeks which will be September (around our 1 year wedding anniversary) if I get my BFP - that would be amazing : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    So how far away is your first scan? You should be able to see heart beat from 6 weeks ish....I'm so excited for you. That's the only thing about that amazing BFP you have to wait so long to get out of the danger period and especially if you've experienced miscarriage previously it is like torture. I would love to be one of those women who feel confident in telling there friends their pregnant straight away but I just couldn't do it until I got to at least 12 weeks which will be September (around our 1 year wedding anniversary) if I get my BFP - that would be amazing : )
    Hmmm I so agree. The 5 week wait to get to 9 weeks is so hard. Like I said its like been in that 2WW period but for 4 weeks. I'm constantly looking down at toilet paper to see if there's blood. I'm constantly over analyzing the feelings I'm getting - is this bad or good, and I've wrapped myself up in cotton wool! I can't relax or get excited until I'm at 9 weeks. My first scan is 13th June, it's early at 5 weeks 6 days, but my FS is going away for a month so wants to scan prior, partly for my piece of mind. She did say that she may not see a heart beat and not to be worried but shell measure the sac etc and make sure it's size appropriate. I then have another scan booked at obstetrician for the 22nd June. Due to loosing the baby last year to CMV they are very cautious this time. I prefer that too. I haven't told anyone except you guys! O this thread. It's so wonderful to have your support even when we have achieved a BFP. I don't see us it of the woods until 10 weeks. So thanks everyone. I'm crossing fingers for you too. (ps cleaner stings doesn't it!! )

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (05-06-2012),dextersmum  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1) I don't understand why the BT is 14 days after a 5 day transfer. Shouldn't it be 9 days after? Normally you'd test 14 days after ovulation. The embryo has had 5 days to grow already (post-O), so why isn't a BT at 9 days after that?
    My BT is 14 days after EPU (or O), which I was relieved about, cause I have seen so often on here people like yourself who have it 14 days after transfer! Maybe they do it to make sure they're getting a more definitive result? My clinic obviously like testing earlier..

is there something IVF specific about this that explains why we all have multiple BTs to monitor levels day by day?)
    I asked the nurse the other day if I get a BFP, will there be follow-up BTs. I was asking cause I'm going to be leaving for Brisbane to live the day after my first BT. She said they usually do a few and that they monitor the pregnancy right up to the six week scan. So if I get a miracle this time, I will miss out on this care and will have to arrange my own in Brisbane. I guess they do it because you've put so much time, effort and money into IVF, they want to make sure everything goes well in the couple of weeks post-BFP, IYKWIM. That's my theory anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hmmm I so agree. The 5 week wait to get to 9 weeks is so hard. Like I said its like been in that 2WW period but for 4 weeks. I'm constantly looking down at toilet paper to see if there's blood. I'm constantly over analyzing the feelings I'm getting - is this bad or good, and I've wrapped myself up in cotton wool! I can't relax or get excited until I'm at 9 weeks. My first scan is 13th June, it's early at 5 weeks 6 days, but my FS is going away for a month so wants to scan prior, partly for my piece of mind. She did say that she may not see a heart beat and not to be worried but shell measure the sac etc and make sure it's size appropriate. I then have another scan booked at obstetrician for the 22nd June. Due to loosing the baby last year to CMV they are very cautious this time. I prefer that too. I haven't told anyone except you guys! O this thread. It's so wonderful to have your support even when we have achieved a BFP. I don't see us it of the woods until 10 weeks. So thanks everyone. I'm crossing fingers for you too. (ps cleaner stings doesn't it!! )
    Ooops clexane" I mean n cleaner!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooh ooh!

The nurse just called with my results from EPU yesterday!

So, they got 12 eggs (which I knew).

All 12 were mature, so they all went through to fertilisation.

And they have 10 embryos!!!

I'm so excited! She said that's better than expected. (I have no idea, this being the first cycle that's not been cancelled!)

So they're calling again on Thurs to tell me how they're doing, and ET is on Sat.

I actually feel like there might be a chance...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic GirlX!! Ohh, I'm so jealous! Hopefully they grow well and you end up with a nice batch of frosties.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    That's fantastic GirlX!! Ohh, I'm so jealous! Hopefully they grow well and you end up with a nice batch of frosties.
    Thanks, Sariele. Will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on all the BFP'S!!! This is an amazing thread!

On my front: 3 embryos made it to day 3 and were successfully biopsied! Now only 24 hours until we find out if they are genetically balanced! ET is booked for tomorrow... Fingers crossed I get to join those celebrating soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Girlx - unfortunately a BFP doesn't mean if you are pregnant your just pregnant - so much can go wrong naturally and with IVF - ectopics (higher risk with IVF), chemical pregnancies, early mc, blighted ovums. I'm sure there is many more that I can't think of right now. IVF/FS monitor your BFP very closely until they are convinced everything is fine a GP wouldn't do that. Unfortunatley nothing is guaranteed until your holding that baby in your arms.
    Hoping everybody's pregnancy is very uneventful though
    Thanks for that. I was just confused, as I saw a FS in order to conceive DD (although then it was Clomid rather than IVF), and he didn't do any blood testing after I had told him that I saw the GP that day for a test. He just did a scan and saw the sac, and then got me to come for another scan in a few weeks.

Perhaps it's as MARTTC said - some FSs are just a bit more thorough with the monitoring of the levels than others. I had just wondered if there was anything 'extra' about IVF that meant you couldn't rely on the pregnancy as much as you could with other treatments/ a 'natural' pregnancy.

(And I know you can never rely on one). It's sounding like there isn't anything different though - just the extent to which the FS wants to monitor it.