+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 242 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!!

Sorry i havent been posting much. I have been reading along but just not posting often.

Good luck to all of you who have started jabbing. My trick was to always do them myself DB did one and I hated it!!! I did a pinch of skin just under my belly button and exhaled as I jabbed that way you are relaxing rather than tensing. I found it worse pulling the needle out! I often had a sting afterwards so rubbed or put pressure on the spot and it stops pretty quick!

Afm just waiting for a June cycle. Diet exercise and weekly accupuncture. Feeling good niw all the stim drugs are out of my cycle!!

Xo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Della77  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minxyq View Post
    Della... I have the -exact- same thing!!! I can't watch that specific moment when the needle breaks the skin..once it is in, I have no problems. I let my hubby do the microinjection one... he can't do too much damage and he feels a bit more involved in the process... I haven't told him I probably could manage it myself. For the cetritide though..I do it... there is more fluid to be injected, so it's better to take it slowly...plus the needle is longer, but doesn't need to go all the way in, only half way is plenty...I really can't trust him with it and not end up bruised. So for this one, I pinch, swab, line up when the need has to go (about 5 mm from the skin), look to the ceiling and jab, after that I can look back down, make sure the needle is in far enough and slowly administer the drug....the needle is tiny, doesn't hurt me at all, but I still can't watch.

I am the same when they drawn blood, I look at the wall while they put the needle in, but I can watch the blood gush into the tube no worries.

So glad I am not alone in that...
    I am exactly the same! I can look when it is in & blood tests are the same.

I noticed all your fur babies too... I have heaps as well and love them! I vary at times depending if I have any calves, goats or sheep on bottles, at the moment I'm pretty light on with my animals (that I actually feed), just so I don't get overwhelmed, but I still have 8 cats, 1 dog, 2 horses, 7 budgies, 1 pig and 1 Wallaroo (she's about 3 years old and still has a bottle every day) spoilt big baby lol
    All my grown up fur babies are now in the paddocks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'd like to join although I am unsure if I will squeeze into June as all this waiting for appointments, police checks etc is driving me crazy and who knows if I'll make it in to participate fully in this thread.

We only got the news this week that we should move forward to iui or ivf and we are still a little undecided what to do but leaning to ivf. Have our counseling etc in first week of may, FS appt two weeks later and then I assume I just wait for AF which should be the following week and off we go.... I'm sure it won't go that smoothly!!

We have unexplained infertility which is the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around. With a scientific mind I want an answer, coming to terms with none is the hard. I'm almost excited by starting ivf because it appears to be a solution, let's hope it is for all of us.

I'm on my phone so better finish up there. I am so glad to have a bunch of ladies going through this at the same time that I can call on if needed and share the journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Della, we are like two peas in a pod...my horses are currently with a trainer, so I don't have them at home at the moment...all the others are here though. Love them to bits...most of them are rescues (except the quarter horses).

Just a quick update, I had my second follie scan... everything is going well, they have decreased my meds for tonight and tomorrow, with a 3rd scan booked on Monday. EPU is going to be Wednesday (so trigger shot Monday night). The nurse joked that I have a whole football team...I said yeah both sides - one in each ovary... anyway the nurse only said as an aside to read up on hyperstim, but nothing more than that... *shrug*

Anyway, I flat out refuse to get OHSS...I have a big birthday and my party coming up in the next two weeks!!

for a great result on Wednesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning to all, happy to see a May/June thread here Hope we are all feeling as healthy and as positive as we can all be and feel on our journeys......
    DH and I got our BFN on the 18th of April, after a fairly positive 2nd cycle (15 eggs! which resulted in 1 transfered and 5 frosties)
    We are booked in with our FS on the 2nd of May to get underway on our first FET! Back on the pill now and getting set to go! A little relieved we do not have to do a full stim cycle and hope that the FET cycle is a lot less "full on" for us then the stims!!
    My thoughts are with everyone going thru cycle #1, it is such an exciting and daunting process....just remember to (for most of us out there this is not common practise) put yourself first for once!! Be a little bit selfish, and cut yourself so slack. Everyone reacts differently, and you can never be fully prepared for what you are going to go thru or what may or may not happen...just be kind to yourself (and your your partner)
    My thoughts are with us all on this path we have to take. All the very best of luck to everybody, am looking forward to keeping up with everybody and hope to hear lots of success stories real soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to megbob For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (22-04-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm up to 6.9kgs weight loss now hoping to be closer to 9kgs loss by my may 11 appointment

Hoping and praying it will be enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally, how bloody fantastic! Well done .
    Welcome Wunsi, Megbob, April78 & GemimaP
    Good luck Minxyq with your next scan . I too believe, that willpower alone will keep things going how they should be . Meshell gave some great advice to drink heaps of fluids! Which my nurse also said to do.
    Thanks for the needle tips, Minxyq & Dancingbutterfly. Still haven't done one myself yet (big wimp here!), but DH has to leave very early in the morning, so I may have to, and it's also the first Cetrotide. Yikes! All those ladies who bravely do their own and also those who have multiple needles (FIVE OMG!), I worship you!
    Thanks Rae81 & Capri_12 for letting me know how feel. I haven't been too bad so far, except for awful headaches... I also feel really tired (but that's not actually listed as a side effect). Glad for the weekend so I could have nanny naps... On the first day I thought it may have been because I was so anxious the night before that I hardly got any sleep, but I have been really tired each day. A little snappy at times, but no more then someone who has headaches and is tired... at the moment anyway ! Just hoping I'm responding how I'm meant to... feel a little achy... & drinking heaps of water.
    Take care lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks April thanks Della I wish the weight would just disappear so we could start ivf. Why does it feel like there are constant roadblocks down the path to our baby?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work ally! Are you on a specific diet? I've put on 5kg since we started ivf which will b exactly 1year ago next week It saddens me to think we still haven't achieved our goal and I'll never forget the date bcos I started my meds the day I got married! I just don't seem to b able to manage my weight as much. Any one else in the same boat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just stopped snacking, eating smaller dinners (I have a bit of a portion control issue ) and when I need to go to the toilet at work I take the stairs from ground to level 3 it's worked wonders

I gained 10kgs over the last 2 years with all the emotional eating TTC caused