+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2420
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that MARTTC!!!

I actually feel like I belong on here now... It's all finally happening! We've been trying for 4.5 years, had 12 miscarriages at least (ones that made it past 4 weeks) and finally were diagnosed with my husbabd having balanced translocation.

Nurse just rang following my EPU yesterday, said they actually harvested 11 eggs but only 8 of them were suitable for fertilization. Of these 5 have fertilized!!!! Now they just have to make it to Monday to be biopsied and sent to Melbourne for genetic testing!!!
    Gekko what a journey you've been on! Good luck with your genetic testing x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got my call about an hour and a half ago. Only one fertilised. ONE. They have squeezed me in for a transfer today in about an hour.

We are devestated, and I only just stopped crying. I can't even take DH to the airport to see him off to Brisbane today as I have to go to the clinic so that they can insert me with two weeks of false hope.

DH called the embryologist back to ask a couple of q's.. apparently they only used one straw of sperm under strict instructions from my FS to not waste the stuff. But next time I think we're gonna have to tell them to use more. He said they chose six sperm that had motility, but the abnormality rate was just so high that's probably why five of the six didn't fertilise.

Poor DH has to go and be alone in Brisbane now.. at least I have the cats to cuddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry Sariele! I keep being told that 1 is all you need- so I REALLY REALLY hope this little one is made of lots of sticky stuff! Keeping you in my thoughts!!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Got my call about an hour and a half ago. Only one fertilised. ONE. They have squeezed me in for a transfer today in about an hour.

We are devestated, and I only just stopped crying. I can't even take DH to the airport to see him off to Brisbane today as I have to go to the clinic so that they can insert me with two weeks of false hope.

DH called the embryologist back to ask a couple of q's.. apparently they only used one straw of sperm under strict instructions from my FS to not waste the stuff. But next time I think we're gonna have to tell them to use more. He said they chose six sperm that had motility, but the abnormality rate was just so high that's probably why five of the six didn't fertilise.

Poor DH has to go and be alone in Brisbane now.. at least I have the cats to cuddle.

Sariele honey I am sorry. I know that shock too well. But u r still in the game with one fertilised. U have to hang on to that hope. Your poor dh, I assume he works away. Mine used to do that too. Remember also not all sperm is gd or bad. That's what keeps me going. Xx

Happy to talk about d3, d5 stuff later, anytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    I'm out, AF arrived in full force!
    Numb, shattered, sick- I can't even cry!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Marttc lovely, there is nothing I can say right now. I am so sorry, I am in tears for u Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Your poor dh, I assume he works away. Mine used to do that too.
    Actually we are moving to Brisbane, and he leaves today. I will not see him for 2-3 weeks, cause I have to wait around for my pg test even though it's probably completely pointless.

Thanks for your kind words. I will be back after my transfer; leaving in five minutes.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele, I hope this comes across the right way - if you were doing this naturally rather than by IVf, you'd have one embryo. Try not to lose hope before you've given that little one a chance!

marttc, I still have my fingers crossed for you.

Amps, that sounds terrible, hope you are starting to feel better after an unfairly rough time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually we are moving to Brisbane, and he leaves today. I will not see him for 2-3 weeks, cause I have to wait around for my pg test even though it's probably completely pointless.

Thanks for your kind words. I will be back after my transfer; leaving in five minutes.

Ah, wow moving to Brisvegas hey! Noice!

Now, re your its probably pointless comment: NEVER! If you put one back in there is always the chance, always! That is what my FS says and he's been doing this a long time! We have to work with what we have. And, you my dear, and your DH, have had your fair share of sh*t, so sometime, its got to get better! One step at a time...
    (I have that written on my desk at work and on my dresser mirror at home)

Sorry if I have stressed you out, was never my intention.

xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you SelM22, I am going to do my best to keep hoping, and I promised DH when I left this morning that I would spend some time every day giving pep talks to "Timmy" (our joke name for our hypothetical child), and coaxing it to keep growing.

And littlesunflowers, you are quite right of course. Maybe this one little sperm will be the fighter that will make our dream come true. You never know.

On the positive side, I gave myself my first rectal pessary when I got home from what I am calling ZT (zygote transfer), and it was nothing; I can't believe I was so scared of sticking something "up there"! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you SelM22, I am going to do my best to keep hoping, and I promised DH when I left this morning that I would spend some time every day giving pep talks to "Timmy" (our joke name for our hypothetical child), and coaxing it to keep growing.

And littlesunflowers, you are quite right of course. Maybe this one little sperm will be the fighter that will make our dream come true. You never know.

On the positive side, I gave myself my first rectal pessary when I got home from what I am calling ZT (zygote transfer), and it was nothing; I can't believe I was so scared of sticking something "up there"! Lol.

You never know and I will be hoping "timmy" is the one for you both too! xx