+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2420
  1. #1291
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that MARTTC!!!

    I actually feel like I belong on here now... It's all finally happening! We've been trying for 4.5 years, had 12 miscarriages at least (ones that made it past 4 weeks) and finally were diagnosed with my husbabd having balanced translocation.

    Nurse just rang following my EPU yesterday, said they actually harvested 11 eggs but only 8 of them were suitable for fertilization. Of these 5 have fertilized!!!! Now they just have to make it to Monday to be biopsied and sent to Melbourne for genetic testing!!!
    Gekko what a journey you've been on! Good luck with your genetic testing x

  2. #1292
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got my call about an hour and a half ago. Only one fertilised. ONE. They have squeezed me in for a transfer today in about an hour.

    We are devestated, and I only just stopped crying. I can't even take DH to the airport to see him off to Brisbane today as I have to go to the clinic so that they can insert me with two weeks of false hope.

    DH called the embryologist back to ask a couple of q's.. apparently they only used one straw of sperm under strict instructions from my FS to not waste the stuff. But next time I think we're gonna have to tell them to use more. He said they chose six sperm that had motility, but the abnormality rate was just so high that's probably why five of the six didn't fertilise.

    Poor DH has to go and be alone in Brisbane now.. at least I have the cats to cuddle.

  3. #1293
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    I'm sorry Sariele! I keep being told that 1 is all you need- so I REALLY REALLY hope this little one is made of lots of sticky stuff! Keeping you in my thoughts!!! Xxx

  4. #1294
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Got my call about an hour and a half ago. Only one fertilised. ONE. They have squeezed me in for a transfer today in about an hour.

    We are devestated, and I only just stopped crying. I can't even take DH to the airport to see him off to Brisbane today as I have to go to the clinic so that they can insert me with two weeks of false hope.

    DH called the embryologist back to ask a couple of q's.. apparently they only used one straw of sperm under strict instructions from my FS to not waste the stuff. But next time I think we're gonna have to tell them to use more. He said they chose six sperm that had motility, but the abnormality rate was just so high that's probably why five of the six didn't fertilise.

    Poor DH has to go and be alone in Brisbane now.. at least I have the cats to cuddle.


    Sariele honey I am sorry. I know that shock too well. But u r still in the game with one fertilised. U have to hang on to that hope. Your poor dh, I assume he works away. Mine used to do that too. Remember also not all sperm is gd or bad. That's what keeps me going. Xx

    Happy to talk about d3, d5 stuff later, anytime.

  5. #1295
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    I'm out, AF arrived in full force!
    Numb, shattered, sick- I can't even cry!


    FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

    Marttc lovely, there is nothing I can say right now. I am so sorry, I am in tears for u Xx

  6. #1296
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Your poor dh, I assume he works away. Mine used to do that too.
    Actually we are moving to Brisbane, and he leaves today. I will not see him for 2-3 weeks, cause I have to wait around for my pg test even though it's probably completely pointless.

    Thanks for your kind words. I will be back after my transfer; leaving in five minutes.

  7. #1297
    littlesunflowers's Avatar
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked
    188
    Reviews
    0
    Sariele, I hope this comes across the right way - if you were doing this naturally rather than by IVf, you'd have one embryo. Try not to lose hope before you've given that little one a chance!

    marttc, I still have my fingers crossed for you.

    Amps, that sounds terrible, hope you are starting to feel better after an unfairly rough time.

  8. #1298
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Actually we are moving to Brisbane, and he leaves today. I will not see him for 2-3 weeks, cause I have to wait around for my pg test even though it's probably completely pointless.

    Thanks for your kind words. I will be back after my transfer; leaving in five minutes.

    Ah, wow moving to Brisvegas hey! Noice!

    Now, re your its probably pointless comment: NEVER! If you put one back in there is always the chance, always! That is what my FS says and he's been doing this a long time! We have to work with what we have. And, you my dear, and your DH, have had your fair share of sh*t, so sometime, its got to get better! One step at a time...
    (I have that written on my desk at work and on my dresser mirror at home)

    Sorry if I have stressed you out, was never my intention.

    xxoo

  9. #1299
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you SelM22, I am going to do my best to keep hoping, and I promised DH when I left this morning that I would spend some time every day giving pep talks to "Timmy" (our joke name for our hypothetical child), and coaxing it to keep growing.

    And littlesunflowers, you are quite right of course. Maybe this one little sperm will be the fighter that will make our dream come true. You never know.


    On the positive side, I gave myself my first rectal pessary when I got home from what I am calling ZT (zygote transfer), and it was nothing; I can't believe I was so scared of sticking something "up there"! Lol.

  10. #1300
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Thank you SelM22, I am going to do my best to keep hoping, and I promised DH when I left this morning that I would spend some time every day giving pep talks to "Timmy" (our joke name for our hypothetical child), and coaxing it to keep growing.

    And littlesunflowers, you are quite right of course. Maybe this one little sperm will be the fighter that will make our dream come true. You never know.


    On the positive side, I gave myself my first rectal pessary when I got home from what I am calling ZT (zygote transfer), and it was nothing; I can't believe I was so scared of sticking something "up there"! Lol.

    You never know and I will be hoping "timmy" is the one for you both too! xx


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 14:26
  2. Replies: 2549
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:57
  3. 2WW buddies- now until end May early June
    By Fortitude in forum IVF
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 13:46

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!