+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Rittzy. Don't worry about your cycle - after one cycle I got to 45 days. I think it's just all the drugs working their way out of the body!! Fingers crossed for a sticky one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there,

I thought I would pop into this thread, seeing as I will be having an Apr/May cycle. I see some familiar names from Feb/March... sorry to see you here

Our Journey so far: We've been seriously TTC on and off for 3 years and had the unfortunate experience of a blighted ovum last year. Upside: it was the kick in the pants we needed to give it a red hot go before Mother Nature closes down the shop. I made an appointment with the FS before I even dealt with the m/c. At least we now know where the likely problem is and we are good IVF candidates. We tried clomid for 3 months with no success and "graduated" straight to ICSI. Round one was a BFN, so for stim cycle 2, the meds have been changed about and ramped up a bit and we are also adding HA for hubby into the mix.

I had my first BT and follie-scan this morning .. only CD6 (5 days of meds), so I wasn't expecting much. Last time there was only 6 or 7 follies - single digits anyway (I didn't really take notice) and the comment was basically "it's only early, so not much to see." We ended up getting 12 eggs at EPU (10 mature). A pretty good haul for a first cycle, I reckon.

So this morning, my expectations were that it would be about the same, maybe a few more due the the change in meds... the sonographer counted 37....THIRTY SEVEN!!!!...follicles... all around the 9-12 mm mark, so start the cetritide tomorrow and another BT and scan set for Saturday. Hubby had better turn up for the game on EPU day!! which I am betting will land on my 40th birthday!!!

I also have to say, I hate it when I don't get my nurse and I get someone else who doesn't know your history... I was hoping to ask a few things, which I tried to, and the nurse pointed me to my FS... when I know my nurse would have followed up for me, because she is great like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

My first post as we are just waiting to start our first cycle! I'm 35 and DH is 37 but DH has MFI, which we found out early after ttc for about 7 months, so due to age they recvommended ivf with icsi straight up without further testing.

Since though, we have found that all seems to be working ok with me so we are clinging to that factor in the hope that will play into our chances.

Currently on the pill, and have our appt with the nurse on Monday to get our drugs to start jabbing around may 3rd I think. I know what people are saying about feeling anxious about the injections, but also just excited to be started. I don't have a problem with needles, but I do with Hormones!

So I am really worried about side effects. I get terrible migraines, so am nervous about that and whether I will be able to take my imigran if I get one. And I am my own boss, which has its benefits, but I am wondering how I'll manage with clients for that time.

Just trying to keep in mind it's really only a few weeks and if we are successful, it won't really seem much in the big scheme of things.

Starting to have a few restless nights though and really counting down till Monday when we can answer a few more questions and know a bit more of the process.

Interesting to read all your stories, and good luck to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Afternoon, gosh time has flown by today, I didn't get in for my morning check in lol. It has been a very busy thread indeed, which is so wonderful to be sharing our journey with other lovely ladies, Welcome everyone!
    Rae thank you so much! First jab about 6am in the morning... not sure which will be worse having some ice put on my hot little belly or just jabbing the needle in, lol, my DH will want to try the ice just for fun
    Very silly question if anyone can answer for me... when did you first start to notice 'symptoms' from you fsh? Nurse told me some people get moody, other get nausea, and some ladies absolutely love being on the hormones and wish they were all the time (if we could all be so lucky!). Just wondering, because I am expecting to grow an extra (nasty) head, when I start, that will snap at everyone, and I'm hoping that if it is from day 1, I may have a little control over myself, then to get to day six and realise I'm frothing at the mouth and no one wants to to be near me! Is that a really weird feeling? Have a lovely evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! Della i respond dif everytime. 1st time I was horrible after 2nd day everything you described about a 2nd head onwards haha and I dunno if I was getting used to the gonal f but 2nd time I was just extremely lethargic all day but not moody and 3rd time I felt nothing- not even bloated! This cycle I'm on elonva and took the jab yesterday and don't feel anything which worries me a little for some reason....has anyone else used elonva before?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to capri_12 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Ertgirl
    Allymumtobe
    Ms Jo
    Nicole83
    Sariele
    Dreamin
    dancingbutterfly
    Nala9000
    emmylou81
    Motherwillbe
    Eaglegirl
    Cluckyduck
    Ellie82
    Squeak4123
    Hoping4bubs
    Midnite01
    Ttcmummy

Waiting for AF
    Rittzy

Pill Popping
    Girl X
    franniesplace

Sniffing or Jabbing (Lucrin)

Jabbing
    Rae81
    Della77
    Minxyq
    Capri_12

Sniffing & Jabbing

ET FET TWW Hugs needed this time Graduates

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear All
    I've just updated Roll Call - my apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I did it right. Please amend if I have you in the wrong spot . If anyone doesn't wish to be on, please just remove your name.

First needle was this morning, I was going well until I had to actually stick it into myself, i.e. the whole point of the exercise! - DH came to my rescue... and it didn't hurt at all
    Wonder if there's a way to inject yourself without actually looking lol Maybe I'll be braver tomorrow, or the next, or the next...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Very silly question if anyone can answer for me... when did you first start to notice 'symptoms' from you fsh? Nurse told me some people get moody, other get nausea, and some ladies absolutely love being on the hormones and wish they were all the time (if we could all be so lucky!). Just wondering, because I am expecting to grow an extra (nasty) head, when I start, that will snap at everyone, and I'm hoping that if it is from day 1, I may have a little control over myself, then to get to day six and realise I'm frothing at the mouth and no one wants to to be near me! Is that a really weird feeling? Have a lovely evening
    Hi Della - for me it's the weird feeling of knowing you are being the world's biggest cow and not being able to do anything about it. I swing between being very emotional (crying at the silly ads on tv, being violently ill - yesterday migraine, being a big sook and insisting on lots of cuddles, or snapping at no one for any particular reason - i think on my first cycle i actually snapped at DH because he couldn't see some speck of dirt he'd bought into the house!). It's a fun ride and hits me pretty much straight away!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rae81 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - hoping I can join you!

I've been on Lucrin injections for a week now, and just waiting for AF before I start stims. Gynae has suggested Menopur this round as I didn't respond to well to Gonal-F last time.

Has anyone used Menopur? I've been told it will be 3 injections (so total of 5 a day with the Lucrin, and I'm also on Saizen!!!). And apparantly Menopur stings?

DH and I have age and azoospermia (sp?!?!) against us - I'm 42 and he's 41. We tried ICSI in July/August last year, and all went well until the baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. Its taken a while for my body to get in sync again, so we're going to give it one last try now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Della... I have the -exact- same thing!!! I can't watch that specific moment when the needle breaks the skin..once it is in, I have no problems. I let my hubby do the microinjection one... he can't do too much damage and he feels a bit more involved in the process... I haven't told him I probably could manage it myself. For the cetritide though..I do it... there is more fluid to be injected, so it's better to take it slowly...plus the needle is longer, but doesn't need to go all the way in, only half way is plenty...I really can't trust him with it and not end up bruised. So for this one, I pinch, swab, line up when the need has to go (about 5 mm from the skin), look to the ceiling and jab, after that I can look back down, make sure the needle is in far enough and slowly administer the drug....the needle is tiny, doesn't hurt me at all, but I still can't watch.

I am the same when they drawn blood, I look at the wall while they put the needle in, but I can watch the blood gush into the tube no worries.

So glad I am not alone in that...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to minxyq For This Useful Post:

Della77  (20-04-2012)