+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 254 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni 81 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

BIG to those with BFN's my thoughts r with u all.

Congrats to those with BFP's I wish all the best of the luck with the next 9 months.

Can I pls be updated to the 2ww.

For all those considering acup I have been having treatment twice a wk since Jan - I love it & if nothing else it is so relaxing. I am a poor responder & low reserve I had another failed IVF cycle in Feb, continued with acup & he was monitoring my temps & said not 2 do another cycle until my temp are normal. This month he said I should try again & i have responded so much better. Dr only got 7 eggs, 5 fert, 1 put back & 1 frozen but this was the best cycle yet. I am trying 2 stay positive & have my BT 6/6 which is my wedding anniversary so

I have also been told by my Dr that if the cycle fails to take time & get my mind right & have some "me" time - not something u really want to hear but he also said that the month after a cycle u can be more fertile as u still have meds pumping around still.

In being positive I have started a baby book which is more a diary 2 record thoughts & every lil movement that is going on. Speaking of movement I have found benefibre which seems 2 have helped

No off 2 ta kitchen - I have found baking k!lls ta time & very tasty.
    Welcome to 'the tww :-)

Cooking sounds perfect!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi all,
    ive got a good one for you- not sure if I should be pi*****edvoff or amused.

i confided in a close friend about our fertility struggles. We both have 1 child born same day and we met thru mothers group. She is days away from having baby number 2 but I'd known she'd taken 18 months to conceive. Our kids are almost 4. so thought shed understand what's its like month after month to have a negative result.

I confided in her that I was worried I'd only have one child and that I was infertile and that I was sick and tired of people saying to me "at least you have one child", or "so when's the next one due", or " better not leave it too late or the age gap will be too big between them". it's so hard to keep a smile on the face when I say - hopefully soon ...but sometimes I flip and say -,what's wrong with just one? Or if I'm having a crazy day I say "my baby died last year at 14 weeks due to some random virus"- but it doesn't give me much satisfaction though when they look either horrified or guilty.

Anyways after I confided in her about the IVFvshe said that -,yip wait for it....
    "perhaps you shouldnt be so focused on yourself and do some charity work-perhaps helping others will help you!"
    "the taxpayer is helping fund your IVF so you should give something back!"

Hmmm so not only did it mean I felt like a ***** because I don't do charity work but when the hell does charity work improve fertility chances.?

So girls am I a selfish person and thats why I'm not getting pregnant? Because right now I'm feeling it and I'm in tears....

(sorry having a rant- and if one more of my friends ask me when number 2 is coming or at least you've got one I'll loose it )

Pps I'm incredible lucky to have one child - I'm aware that a lot of people don't but desperately wanting another is the same pain as wanting your first. My FS once said she saw a lady who,d had 3 kids but couldn't fall pregnant with her fourth and said it doesn't matter how many you have if you aren't in a position to achieve it. It's a grief so painful I don't wish it on anyone.
    Oh my gosh, I'm gob smacked!
    I don't know how you held it together!!

Not selfish @ all xxx

I'm a part of my mums charity business, okay I don't do a lot but 18 months later & I'm still waiting for my baby - go figure!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa I'm sorry your "friend" was such a ****. People continue to amaze me with new lows in social behaviour. You're a good person who unfortunately has a medical condition needing treatment.

FFS, if anyome spoke to people needing chemo like they feel they can speak to people needing IVF, there'd be a national uproar. Yet at the end of the day both are very sad situations that modern medicine can, hopefully, help to fix.

We will be joining in properly in 8 weeks time - next cycle has school holidays right in the middle and we have booked a trip away to the snow, so I will be starting mid July with a stim cycle. Not sure if I already posted that actually, apols if so. Feeling excited to start and nervous it won't work. Also hoping we don't have an 'oops' between now and then resulting in yet another mc, not sure my heart could take a fifth loss in less than a year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    Gampa I'm sorry your "friend" was such a ****. People continue to amaze me with new lows in social behaviour. You're a good person who unfortunately has a medical condition needing treatment.

FFS, if anyome spoke to people needing chemo like they feel they can speak to people needing IVF, there'd be a national uproar. Yet at the end of the day both are very sad situations that modern medicine can, hopefully, help to fix.

We will be joining in properly in 8 weeks time - next cycle has school holidays right in the middle and we have booked a trip away to the snow, so I will be starting mid July with a stim cycle. Not sure if I already posted that actually, apols if so. Feeling excited to start and nervous it won't work. Also hoping we don't have an 'oops' between now and then resulting in yet another mc, not sure my heart could take a fifth loss in less than a year.
    Hi there, thanks heaps.
    so do you have a child too? Is that what DS means
    gettingnused to this jargon we use on this site.
    sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I've had 2 now and couldn't bear another one. It's so hard to be pregnant knowing that every day you are anxious you could loose it. I'm focusing on achieving conception, then I'll get to 6weeks and a heart beat then 8 weeks and so on. ..... So I get it with heart not being able to take it.
    have fun skiing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Oh my gosh, I'm gob smacked!
    I don't know how you held it together!!

Not selfish @ all xxx

I'm a part of my mums charity business, okay I don't do a lot but 18 months later & I'm still waiting for my baby - go figure!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    Thanks heaps. X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (27-05-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi there, thanks heaps.
    so do you have a child too? Is that what DS means
    gettingnused to this jargon we use on this site.
    sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I've had 2 now and couldn't bear another one. It's so hard to be pregnant knowing that every day you are anxious you could loose it. I'm focusing on achieving conception, then I'll get to 6weeks and a heart beat then 8 weeks and so on. ..... So I get it with heart not being able to take it.
    have fun skiing
    Yep, DS is "dear son" (DD is "dear daughter" and "DH" and "DP" are dear husband and dear partner). My son is five years old, conceived with my ex-husband, who is a flipping robo-ahole. Feel so terribly ripped off that I conceived easily with him and yet with my wonderful hubby can't hold a bubba Hubby also has kids from a previous marriage so we fall in to the "unexplained" category. Still undecided whether that's better or worse than having a diagnosed issue We haven't made it as far as 6 weeks so that will be the first milestone I will be looking for in this whole journey.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa - I know how you feel about the fertility thing, DH and I were blessed to have one beautiful little girl (she's 4) naturally in 2008, nothing since. It is true the pain and suffering of secondary infertility is no different!! And people - in general are not very well educated in manners or matters of fertility so I say to them!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012),tiggerfields  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    Gampa - I know how you feel about the fertility thing, DH and I were blessed to have one beautiful little girl (she's 4) naturally in 2008, nothing since. It is true the pain and suffering of secondary infertility is no different!! And people - in general are not very well educated in manners or matters of fertility so I say to them!
    thank god there's someone out there who knows the trauma of unexplained secondary infertility. We also have a child conceived naturally born march 2009. Yet can't get pregnant with another one. Unexplained infertility is horrible. Why can't I this time? What happened to me? And so on, so much self doubt and sorrow. I look at my beautiful daughter and it brings me to tears that I'm not able to give her a sister or brother. I figure we make cute babies and have so much to offer a child yet can't get pregnant. It's really hard not knowing why. Unexplained infertility is evil as its an unknown factor - the doctors don't know why so can't fix it! -,well their giving it a good shot but epic fail after fail.....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Mich4761  (29-05-2012),mrsoptomistic  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I have been a bit quiet but reading all the posts! Gampa don't listen to your friend, this is a really hard time an she should be supportive! AFM I am having a really tough time ATM 2 friends had babies last week and because our cycle was cancelled I feel like we are in no mans land! We are also changing FS and as much as I feel like we need to do this I feel really guilty about leaving our old FS! I just feel so lost at the moment! Does anyone else feel this way?