Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2420
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wishful05 View Post
    Hi Ladies

Congrats to all those who got their BFPS this time

to those who didnt

AFM I had my trigger shot tonight ready for EPU at 10.30 Monday, feeling really anxious as I only have 4 follicles though he said they are good size. Trying to remain positive as we all know it only takes 1 nut cant help but be a bit scared . Good luck to all those with EPU, ET and BT this week

PS could soembody please move me to EPU 28/05, thanks
    Good luck wishful05 - I too have only 4 follicles and have my EPU on Tuesday. I hope we both get as many eggs as possible from these 4 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by franniesplace View Post
    So, DH & I finally got our moment together. Very very sad tonight. We cant ring our nurse until monday of course to ask any questions. Can anyone tell me what happens next? Do we still have to wait till thurs for our BT for anything official to happen? What happens with a FET, can they do it in the next month? Presumably I will ovulate naturally in about 2 weeks. Or do we have to skip a month and wait about another 6 weeks? How can the odds be better on a 2nd cycle when they use the best embryo as a freshie?
    Dear Franniesplace, I so share your pain and frustration. So sorry. Re FET yes you can definitely do a transfer next month. But you'll have to insist on it. For some bizarre reason they like you to wait a month to "marshall emotional strength". I refused on grounds it's then 6 weeks till transfer (and when you've been TTC for 2 years that's too long to wait). In addition there's no guarantee your frostiness will survive thawing so you don't want to wait 8weeks till you can begin another simulations cycle - depending on how may snow princesses you have. I found that when I went in to see the FS I pretended to be ok emotionally ( but inside I was dying). Wen she saw I wasn't crumbling (but infact I was) she agreed to it.

You can do a FET naturally timed with your ovulation or it can be supported with PUregon injections and timed to your ovulation. You'll still have blood tests and internal ultrasounds as they have to out the frostie in 3-5 days post ovulation - depending on stage of your frostie. We've done it with PUregon injections this month. All my reading suggests frozen are now as good as fresh with new vitrification techniques. If you do it with PUregon support you'll need to start this on day 4 of your cycle so definitely go in for a blood t est on Monday - this will give you baseline results and allow dose of PUregon to be determined. We found that going back to back with transfers was better for us emotionally but does mean your ovaries take a hit do we found that our does of PUregon was higher this time to get them going. Hope that helps.
    were in the dreaded TWW post frozen transfer so have just experienced what you'll need too do.
    good luck. Be strong when you see the nurses and doctors. I found they agreed to more things I wanted rather than presenting myself as an emotional wreck and then they didn't do anything I asked!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa, great post. I've always wondered about the fet process having never got there.

And well done u for the great negotiating. I find that seeming calm and rational when u r dying inside really works for negotiating things too. It's tricky though.

Biggest hugs frannie. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies on iPhone I had terrible cramping last night it's either pre Af cramps which I haven't everglades before or perhaps my unhappy bowel still very constipated. Feeling like my chances are diminishing with this cramping but the crinone and progesterone still have my nausea and boobs sore... A couple of days and I will know either which way

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

BIG to those with BFN's my thoughts r with u all.

Congrats to those with BFP's I wish all the best of the luck with the next 9 months.

Can I pls be updated to the 2ww.

For all those considering acup I have been having treatment twice a wk since Jan - I love it & if nothing else it is so relaxing. I am a poor responder & low reserve I had another failed IVF cycle in Feb, continued with acup & he was monitoring my temps & said not 2 do another cycle until my temp are normal. This month he said I should try again & i have responded so much better. Dr only got 7 eggs, 5 fert, 1 put back & 1 frozen but this was the best cycle yet. I am trying 2 stay positive & have my BT 6/6 which is my wedding anniversary so

I have also been told by my Dr that if the cycle fails to take time & get my mind right & have some "me" time - not something u really want to hear but he also said that the month after a cycle u can be more fertile as u still have meds pumping around still.

In being positive I have started a baby book which is more a diary 2 record thoughts & every lil movement that is going on. Speaking of movement I have found benefibre which seems 2 have helped

No off 2 ta kitchen - I have found baking k!lls ta time & very tasty.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toni 81 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My for you both bellavista and toni 81!
    xx

(Sorry avoiding writing a report and spending too much time on facebook and bubhub!!)

SelM22

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    ive got a good one for you- not sure if I should be pi*****edvoff or amused.

i confided in a close friend about our fertility struggles. We both have 1 child born same day and we met thru mothers group. She is days away from having baby number 2 but I'd known she'd taken 18 months to conceive. Our kids are almost 4. so thought shed understand what's its like month after month to have a negative result.

I confided in her that I was worried I'd only have one child and that I was infertile and that I was sick and tired of people saying to me "at least you have one child", or "so when's the next one due", or " better not leave it too late or the age gap will be too big between them". it's so hard to keep a smile on the face when I say - hopefully soon ...but sometimes I flip and say -,what's wrong with just one? Or if I'm having a crazy day I say "my baby died last year at 14 weeks due to some random virus"- but it doesn't give me much satisfaction though when they look either horrified or guilty.

Anyways after I confided in her about the IVFvshe said that -,yip wait for it....
    "perhaps you shouldnt be so focused on yourself and do some charity work-perhaps helping others will help you!"
    "the taxpayer is helping fund your IVF so you should give something back!"

Hmmm so not only did it mean I felt like a ***** because I don't do charity work but when the hell does charity work improve fertility chances.?

So girls am I a selfish person and thats why I'm not getting pregnant? Because right now I'm feeling it and I'm in tears....

(sorry having a rant- and if one more of my friends ask me when number 2 is coming or at least you've got one I'll loose it )

Pps I'm incredible lucky to have one child - I'm aware that a lot of people don't but desperately wanting another is the same pain as wanting your first. My FS once said she saw a lady who,d had 3 kids but couldn't fall pregnant with her fourth and said it doesn't matter how many you have if you aren't in a position to achieve it. It's a grief so painful I don't wish it on anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd give her a piece of my mind, but that just me. Do your and/or DH work? Then basically you're just getting your taxes back. Not everyone is lucky enough to suffer infertility and endure IVF with the perk of getting a 'tax refund'. Not to mention the amazing side effects and emotional highs and lows. :P Other may get their taxes back in the way of public hospital care, FTB or CCR...

As for being a bad person, I often wonder what I did to make karma come and bite me in the backside. But I look back over my 26 years and minus a few sketchy days in high school, and I can honestly say I am a nice person. I just figure it's the cards I've been dealt. Please don't think you don't deserve another child because you have not done enough good in this world.

I get the 'so when are you gonna start a family' question all the time. My answer is 'when it happens' I don't elaborate as I don't feel I have to justify myself. I don't tell people we've been trying almost three years and that IVF is our only option because too many have opinions that would cause that natural reflex of a good back hand. We just completed our first bfn ICSI and not even our parents know, I prefer it this way.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012),MARTTC  (27-05-2012),SelM22  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be pi$sed big time. It is just completely insensitive even more so as she was ttc for so long.

I hope you told her that the tax payer also pays for her baby bonus that she just got and alot of other things that have no relevance to many other people. stupid woman. grrr it makes me mad when people say such condescending comments.

Don't worry I am also a selfish person who doesn't do charity work, so your not alone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (27-05-2012),MARTTC  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awful Gampa, what a thoughtless, horrible thing for her to say.

There's a lot of people who are totally anti-IVF, for whatever reason (or none at all), and they don't make it a secret. I fortunately haven't come across anyone unsupportive yet, but I have had some people say "have you considered adoption?" -- like it's as easy as filling out an application form or something.

I often wonder if these anti-IVF people whould change their tune if the shoe was on the other foot and they were the ones who couldn't get pregnant naturally.

This is the sort of story that cements my general "People Suck" mentality.