+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 242 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking May/June IVF/ICSI Cycle Buddies :)

Hey there , I'm 38 years old. We're doing our 2nd ICSI cycle in May/June. I'm looking for some buddies to cycle with as it can be pretty lonely in IVF land. Anyone else cycling then? I'd love some companyon our journey to a BFP.

All JUNE cyclers welcome too!!!
    Last edited by ertgirl; 07-04-2012 at 14:44.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Hey there , I'm 38 years old. We're doing our 2nd ICSI cycle in early May. I'm looking for some buddies to cycle with as it can be pretty lonely in IVF land. Anyone else cycling then? I'd love some companyon our journey to a BFP.
    Hi there! I'm starting my first cycle in mid April but transfer will be early may! I'm 24 we have male factor issues so we are doing a final f stim cycle with ICSI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Hi there! I'm starting my first cycle in mid April but transfer will be early may! I'm 24 we have male factor issues so we are doing a final f stim cycle with ICSI
    Hi Ally! Nice to meet you! (I have a cycle buddy, yay!) We have male factor too, my DH has azoospermia which means he has a zero sperm count. We have been lucky so far that our Dr has managed to find a few little spermies through a procedure called TESE, which is where they do testicular needle aspiration to retrieve sperm. I think my cycle will officially start right at the end of April & go into May for egg retrieval. How many ICSI's have you guys done? We've done 1 ICSI & 1 frozen so far. I cannot wait to start our next cycle, it's so hard just waiting around & doing nothing.
    to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!!! We've never done a cycle before! This is our first go! My dh's swimmers don't have the hard helmet bit so they couldn't get into my eggs even is they managed to find them! We have our consent appointment today and learning our drugs and stuff next week then I have to wait for af in April to get going but I'm right at the start of my cycle now so we won't be going till mid to late April yay cycle buddies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I am cycling in may too. We have pcos and azoospermia as well. Fortunate enough to have conceived dd on our first cycle in oct 09, since then had a failed thaw FET in June 11, failed picsi in Jan 12. Praying that May 12 will bring dd a much wanted sibling, but we are starting to come to terms with her being an only child.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally; so this is your 1st cycle. I imagine at the moment you're feeling super nervous/excited. Let us know if you have any questions etc, it can be pretty overwhelming 1st time round. Good luck with ypur appt, must be great to know that next AF you can start to try for your BFPDarn those swimmers not working properly. Will be great to cycle with you!

Hi Nicole! What are the odds of finding another azoo wife to cycle with in May? How much does azoo suck? So sorry that you have had the failed cycles. I think that phonecall to say it was a negative result was one of the toughest IVF days so far.Congrats on your DD though, that gives me hope. We can support you on your journey for a sibling for your little one. You have one miracle, another is possible. Look forward to sharing your journey.

BTW, I'm in Sydney, where are you girls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ertgirl

I am in Brisbane and my FS is the infamous wazza

The azoo sure does suck but our last cycle failed due to my eggs. I had such terrible results after epu with 7 out of 12 being immature and quality with the rest was also an issue. So I've been on dhea, royal jelly, coq10, vits b,c and e plus fish oil. Really hoping this all makes a difference! Plus I hope to stim longer and maybe use a few difference drugs/protocol. I meet with FS on 17 April to plan this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally, how did your appt go today?

Nicole, that must have been so disappointing for you. The scary thing about IVF is that one cycle can go so well, without a hitch & then the next not so well. I'm trying to prepare DH for the fact that just because we had a great 1st cycle, does not mean that everything will go according to plan this time round.I hope you don't mind me asking but I noticed you on another thread about improving sperm quality. Did your FS put your DH on that regime, or another Dr? We're with Derek Lok at Genea (previously Sydney IVF) and he's great, but so far has not put DH on anything. I have him on spermax & a good multi, but our FS seemed cynical that it would help. My DH has a type of Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome, but does produce a very small amount of mature sperm in the testes ( they found about 17 at the 1st TESE, but they all died upon defrost), but they dont get out.

Lovely to have some cycle buddies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes our FS is a strong believer in supplements and it did absolute wonders for us. Dh's low sperm is unexplained, but on first sample we had none. Literally none. Then we put him on the supps for 3 months and the scientist actually sat down with us and asked us to freeze them. He had 100,000 and one of those little miracles was our dd! So here is the supps:

Gojo berries (very high antioxidant)
    Pumpkin seeds (zinc)
    Aloe juice (again, vh antioxidant)
    Zinc tablet or menevit (our choice instead on plain zinc tablet)
    Berocca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not good saw a different doctor from last time and she said I have to lose 20kgs so I have called my original doctor who said he'd look at my file again but now I don't know when I'll start ivf :.(