+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Emotional Eating

Hi
    So I have recently come to the conclusion that I am very much an emotional eater. Just seeing if anyone else out there is the same and if you have any advice on how to manage this?
    Whenever I'm having a bad day or feeling depressed I want to eat yummy comforting unhealthy food, especially chocolate! If I'm having a good day or there is any good news I want to celebrate..... By eating!
    I also love to bake, baking helps me relax but then when I bake I eat it.
    Also if I have gone to the gym I seem to talk myself into eating treats as my mind thinks "you did a work out so you deserve to eat this"
    I'm my own worst enemy!
    I need to loose weight, I need to be fit & healthy to run after my little toddler and I just want to generally improve my health.
    How can I stop this eating behaviour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing, because I could have written that post! I need to stop eating and lose 10-15kg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to be exactly the same and for me I just had to retrain my thought pattern. Which took a looonnnnggg time and many failed attempts. Even if I lost weight I'd think I could eat something unhealthy because I had done so well - which doesn't make sense at all!!

The only thing I can suggest is not to have your temptation food in the house - for me that was sweets like cakes etc. After your dinner brush your teeth straight away and then drink water to fill you so you don't boredom snack. If you want something to eat then just make yourself have something healthy and wait ... Chances are the urge to eat other food will be gone. Plus try to think that if you can force a new habit for 2 weeks it only gets easier.

I'm so embarrassing I had my fat photo on the fridge!! Haha

I've now lost 27kg (might be a little more) and I've gone from a size 16 to a 10. I crave healthy wholesome food now - the only time I eat rubbish is if I'm hungover - which isn't often. I actually feel rotten if I eat highly processed foods and I can barely ever finish a slice of cake because I'm over it after a few spoonfuls.

Didn't mean to make it about me but I was an emotional/boredom/reward eater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TheBoys&Me for your reply. I think I do need to clear my house of all junk so the temptation isn't there.
    I also love the idea of fat photo on fridge! That might make me think twice before opening the fridge.
    I have been using my fitness pal app too and it has helped with the calorie counting.
    Been back to the gym today and I Have NOT rewarded myself for it, so far so good. But it is only day 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also WOW! Congratulations on your huge weight loss, that's incredible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babylove81 I have the same amount probably more to lose too! Hope we can both stop our bad habits