+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister had an elective c. It was at 39 weeks as they try and make sure bubs is full term but so you don't go into labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    39 weeks it is in our hospital as well. Every baby and every mum is different. My first was born full term and miserable. He had jaundice and was feeding bad etc. my second one was born at 37 and he was a brilliant eater, perfect weight and just a dream healthy baby. Btw 37 weeks is medically considered full term. Nobody can take the decision from you, apart from maybe the hospital policy lol.
    I also wondered if you can be induced when your husband is at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a social induction with DS (that resulted in a c-section - but I knew that was more than likely) and am having an elective c-section with this baby, both at 39w2d.

It can depend what day your ob schedules their c-sections. Most have set theatre days so they would work with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    39 weeks it is in our hospital as well. Every baby and every mum is different. My first was born full term and miserable. He had jaundice and was feeding bad etc. my second one was born at 37 and he was a brilliant eater, perfect weight and just a dream healthy baby. Btw 37 weeks is medically considered full term. Nobody can take the decision from you, apart from maybe the hospital policy lol.
    I also wondered if you can be induced when your husband is at home?

I called the hospital this morning and they said that as long as they have spots available they could do it at 37 weeks... I think I'd at least wait until 38 weeks though...
    I don't know about being induced, because I've heard that because it's not natural it's a hell of a lot more painfull... however, a c-sec would also be sore and uncomfortable afterwards so I suppose there'd be pros and cons either way.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told public hospitals will go as close to due date as possible, and some even wont let you go before your due date.

My bub was born at 35.5 weeks and was still 6.3 born, just lazy sucker. So I don't think you could make the decision early based on size as you don't know how big/small they may be or any difficulties they may or may not have if they came early. Even bubs born at term may have difficulties, so I would say it'd be up to your hospital or OB to decide.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope it works out for your DH to make the birth either way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I called the hospital this morning and they said that as long as they have spots available they could do it at 37 weeks... I think I'd at least wait until 38 weeks though...
    I don't know about being induced, because I've heard that because it's not natural it's a hell of a lot more painfull... however, a c-sec would also be sore and uncomfortable afterwards so I suppose there'd be pros and cons either way.....
    Oh wow, that does sound much more helpful than my hospital though lol. Yeah i think there are always arguments for either way. It is a very personal decision. Its nice though that you have your hospitals support! It will all be good

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB wouldn't induce cause he believe they end up as an emergency c-section anyway. He booked me in for my c-section between 38-39 weeks for medical reasons. That's private to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angewah View Post
    My OB wouldn't induce cause he believe they end up as an emergency c-section anyway. He booked me in for my c-section between 38-39 weeks for medical reasons. That's private to.
    alot of them also work i was induced with dd at 38 weeks and had a 3.5 hr perfect labour that was not to bad pain wise at all

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    My DD1 & 2 were both induced births DD3 was c/s. I'd rather do the induced vb 10x over than have another c/s. with a vaginal delivery as long as all goes well pain is over once baby is here, I rate my c/s pain worse than childbirth. But that is just my opinion. I'm glad you'll get to have your hubby with you and he won't miss it. Good luck with whatever you choose
    Last edited by Nmgb; 19-03-2012 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I was induced with DS at 38+3 - I had gone into early labour, had started bleeding and was having a hindwater leak so I didn't get fully induced, just had my waters broken and then put on the synto drip. I don't have anything to compare it to but it was a fantastic birth. Yep, it hurt, it was intense and quick, but I got through it with pethidine and had a great recovery. I'd rather do that than have a c-section... every birth is different and it's up to you but I just wanted to share my story so you knew that not all inductions are awful and end up in c-sections.

Best of luck!