+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in the country so nothing around our place is ever locked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbf2plus2 View Post
    When I lived in the country we were the same!
    Same with my parents who live on a farm, all unlocked, they even have a door you need a key to open... So one just stays in there lol

Now i live in a built up suburb we lock the doors, dp is more anal about locking them then I am - he even locks them at night - I don't bother

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Front door is always locked. Have no reason to generally open it. Back door is usually open for kids to come and go as they please. At night its usually locked though for safety and also when i am home alone its locked.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    NO I don't unless its night.

I grew up in a small country town where you never locked the doors day or night, even if you went out doing things. Pretty much only locked the door when away on holiday. It was always a relatively safe town and we used to raom the streets with all the neighbours children at very young ages.

today:

I lock the front door when i leave the house. Sometimes I don't lock the rest (but most times) Front door is never locked. Sometimes the screen door is though. I have a big dog and I'm sure no one would be keen on coming in.

We are soon to be moving as we have bought elsewhere and the town is 2000 people and safe. Very old town where everyone knows everyone and everything that happens. I prob wont lock the doors there either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kbf2plus2 View Post

i was begining to think i was the only one on here that didnt lock my doors!
    i think the house was locked for the first time about 6 months after it was built, just for the sake of it! we live 30 klm out of town and the nearest neighbours (except for the in laws) are about 4 klms away. nonoe ever just turns up at the door, you always hear their car coming. if you cant hear the car its cause the dogs are going off at the car!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never lock our doors during the day. I didn't realise so many people did!

Our back door (which is a glass sliding door) is usually only locked when we go out, most nights we forget and it stays unlocked. Occasionally the front is accidentally left unlocked at night also. But we live in a pretty safe area.

We generally don't lock the car during the day either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, out of habbit.

Ive heard alot of storys about people being caught off guard and i just prefer not to have to worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always lock the doors and the baby gate on the outdoor stairs. Many years ago before DH and kids I had someone walk into my downstairs under house area where my bedroom was, and rummage through my drawers, steal my handbag & then my car from the driveway. I had been going up & down the stairs doing laundry and watching tv. It really freaked me out that the person had been in my backyard watching me or had just timed it right and I didn't bump into them! I have a different house now but I still need to go outside & downstairs to do laundry. I am fortunate to have great neighbours who are home during the day (retirees/elderly) and we keep an eye on each other and the street.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a big time locker. I've never felt safe enough to not lock my doors where ever I have lived (and I've never lived in a really scary neighbourhood). I also lock myself in the car most of the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Door has to always be locked because lots of trucks speed through my street.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub