+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Front screen door is always locked when we are home. More for the fact my son likes to go for a walk up the street. Back door is not, but we have really high fences so it would be hard for people to access the back.

If anybody tries to come in while we are home, they'd probably be scared off by the dog as she is always inside when we are home. So many door knockers get scared by her as she's a staffy, but she would just lick them.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 18-03-2012 at 20:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doors are always locked. I live on edge of housing commission in a private rental and have had 3 attempted break ins since Dec. All happened when I was home

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our front door doesn't have a doorknob just a lock, so yes it is always locked, we only lock the screen door when the front door is open, but we have had some new neighbors move in and I think it might be time to start locking that all the time too.

The backdoor we haven't used in years so yes that is locked, I don't even know where the key is for it lol

The sliding door is always locked too, it's just habit to lock it behind me when I come in, many times I have locked DH out in the yard EEK!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our doors are only locked of a night time and when we're out during the day - the rest of the time they're open so the kids can run in and out to their play equipment (4 years and 18 months).... We live in a regular suburb in a capital city

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We always have the security front door locked with the key. The key is nearby to unlocked. When the wooden front door is closed I'll lock it.
    We don't have a back door as such as we're in a duplex & got the sliding side door off the lounge room. It has a screen door which has a flick lock latch but wouldn't keep intruders out. But I shut & lock the glass sliding door whoever we go out.
    Both doors front & side are locked when it's sleep time & when we leave the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only locked at night time.

The front door is usually pulled open so ds can come in and out as he pleases ...

I day nap with the door unlocked ...

I live on top of a shopping strip ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    At home the doors are never locked whether we're here or not, but when I stay in the city the front door is kept locked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my front screen door is ALWAYS locked, the key is up on a hook at 'tippy toe height' ...people always panic when they go to leave my house because they can't see a key

If someone knocks I will talk to them through the screen door.

The back door is usually unlocked, we have two dogs that alert me to anyone walking down the drive way. The postie dude calls them my 'doorbell' - he knows I'll be at the front door before he gets there!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My house is locked up like Fort Knox, both when i'm home and when i'm not

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Front screen is always locked - keeps the world out and the kid in and off the busy road. Back door is generally not locked when we are home, but the gate at the top of the stairs has an extra latch to slow DD down (would hopefully serve a similar purpose for anyone trying to sneak in the back) and the dog makes his feelings about people coming in *his* backyard very clear.