+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lock the whole house up. Sometimes the front wooden door is open on hot days, but the security door is locked at all times, home or not. I like to keep the bad guys out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not when we are home when we are awake. We have high secure solid fences all around thats always padlocked and 2 guard dogs so good luck to anyone that attempts to jump the fence after they have been barked at first.
    At night we lock up though although there is minimal crime here and a not locking your car and house is a common thing.

Guest Guest
    Yep every door. For the kids but also intruders, my inlaws were robbed while they were home!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our current front door locks when you close it. But we leave our back door open.

In our new house I'm not sure what we will do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My back door is hardly ever locked and never during the day when we are home. Most of the time it is unlocked all night too but I'm trying to get into the habit of locking it. The front door is usually locked as it has to be locked for it to stay shut, the back door is up on our verandah and we have a dog on the verandah (not that she is any good, she'd half deaf!!!).
    We do live in a little town where everybody knows one another but if I lived about 15 minutes away in suburbia I'd probably be more vigilant. It's just not something I really worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i always have the doors locked.
    I went off at DH the other week, he went out whilst DD2 and i were napping and left us asleep in the house with the garage door up and internal door unlocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lock the front door and the back door. I have to as last year my crazy ex let himself into my house and stole my mobile from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the time I wouldn't know if the door is locked or unlocked. The layout of our house is quite odd, and so there is a sunroom and hallway door between my general living areas/ bedrooms and the front door.

We live in a quiet suburb, and so don't really have to worry about intruders, we end up with family and friends walking in because I don't even hear knocking on the front door. They'll usually call out or knock on the hallway door as they're coming in. My parents/ siblings all used to have keys to our place, but the lock broke and had to be replaced, and we didn't give out the key.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    During the day I usually keep the front door unlocked & have a sliding bolt locked on the back door. Back door is locked at night & often the front too. If DF is away i'll lock everything, windows as well.
    Had a prowler once when I first moved to Melb & lived in a not so good suburb. Freaked out when I woke to footsteps on the gravel outside & saw someone walking around the flat & looking at the garage door. So I've been paranoid about intruders since.
    Car is locked all the time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We enter and leave via the garage 99% of the time, so I keep the front door locked when I'm home because otherwise I would forget to lock it when I go out and the house would be empty and unlocked (have done it a few times!)