+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Door Locking. Do You? Dont You? Why?

Reading the other thread,about a door knocker possibly gaining entry into someones home, got me thinking...

Do you lock your front door? Why? Why not?

I lock every door when Im home. Its become force of habit...so much so, that Ive locked DP out in the garage many times when he is working on his car. I walk in and my hand automatically locks the door without me thinking about it then its closed behind me. I cant believe that in this day and age, people leave their doors unlocked without a care......but then again I dont know what kind of neighbourhoods people live in.

so...do you lock your doors when you're home? Why? Why not?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, otherwise my boys bust out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Always the front door as we have a 2 storey house and spend the majority of our time upstairs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Always lock the doors no matter what

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep definitely lock them when I am home, same as you London I often lock DF outside, just out of habit.
    I actually locked him out once and went to have a shower, only heard him when he was knocking on the bathroom window, woops.

I am a massive scaredy cat and have read so many stories of daytime home invasion, my doors are locked all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lock my front door of a night and it will stay that way until the door is used, me going to get the mail DH coming home ect, unless I am going out I leave it unlocked and have every now and then forgotten to lock it of a night, I don't worrie about it to much because my front gate makes a loude squeak as it opens also my dogs go nuts if someone comes near the house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always locked coz I don't want any escapees but also because most of the time I'm home alone.
    My parents never lock their front door, and guests would just walk in without knocking, a free for all kind of thing. I could not live like that.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Always locked coz I don't want any escapees but also because most of the time I'm home alone.
    My parents never lock their front door, and guests would just walk in without knocking, a free for all kind of thing. I could not live like that.
    Next time I'll make u knock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never used to, but now I have a neighbour with boundary issues.

Therefore, if I move to the other end of the house, I'll lock the door first. If I am in the end of the house with the front door, then I'll leave it unlocked. My older kids all have their own keys, so they wont be locked out (if they remember to take them with them).

Before this problem, I would only lock my door if leaving the house for several hours, but not if only leaving for half an hour.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 18-03-2012 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always. We have a few interesting characters in our neighbourhood, I don't always feel safe.

I always leave the key in the door in case of fire.