+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Jehovah's Witness Came Inside :(

Well this is a new one for me. I have had them knocking on my door before and I have said no not interested and of they go (well after a bit of trying to convince me).

This morning I came out of the toilet and went to go out and there was one of their watchtower things inside my front door. It was far enough in that they would have had to open the screen and put it inside.

How icky!! I am annoyed that they opened my screen door walked about 1.5m and dropped it there. I had no idea as I was in the toilet and it seems I can not hear the screen door being opened. I sure can when my kids are going in and out but they do it all very loudly.

I am glad the kids were at their Dad's this weekend and were not here as otherwise they would have spoken to them.

I am feeling a little annoyed about that. I will be locking my screen door from now on I must say!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Report it. Nothing gives a person the right to trespass.

My security doors lock with a key and are always locked. It's a worry that you can't hear it, but as a positive at least you know now and it wasn't a robber walking in!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-03-2012),NancyBlackett  (18-03-2012),PomPoms  (18-03-2012),smootch  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's horrible. How dare they. Definitely take this further. I would feel really violated if that happened to me. I try to always keeps screen doors locked, but sometimes you do forget.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loubay View Post
    Do you think maybe it could have blown further in? I mean if they slipped it under or in the side? As I've had leaflets dropped at my front door and they have blown in further and landed in the middle of the entrance.
    I am positive as we can not get a breeze in through that door (as nice as it would be) as the house next door protects it. Our front door is on the side of our house not the front. There is also a ledge that it would have to get over. There is a screen door and tiles then a ledge and a front door (that is where the carpet starts) about a metre in. This was sitting on the carpet.

ETA Any other time I have not come to the door they put it in the mail box not sure why they just didn't do that
    Last edited by PomPoms; 18-03-2012 at 13:42.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just contact the local Kingdom Hall (Jehovahs name for church) and speak with them about it. Just state how it's inappropriate and made you feel uncomfortable - maybe also tell them that you will report it to police if it happens again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (19-03-2012),MissMuppet  (18-03-2012),PomPoms  (18-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    I'd call the police so they're aware they're trespassing into people's homes!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I would just contact the local Kingdom Hall (Jehovahs name for church) and speak with them about it. Just state how it's inappropriate and made you feel uncomfortable - maybe also tell them that you will report it to police if it happens again.
    You're nicer than me. If anyone walked in here uninvited I would call the police straight up. Everyone knows it's against the law.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I'd call the police so they're aware they're trespassing into people's homes!

Please call the police. That is never on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you're absolutely certain that they did enter your home, and the pamphlet wasn't just slipped under the door and then just blew further inside, then call the police and make a report. The Jehovah's Witness doorknockers know that it is illegal to enter your home without permission, and they know the rules that they need to adhere to. But if you're not sure, I wouldn't report it... you don't want to be wrong and get into trouble for making a false accusation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loubay View Post
    The police maybe could fingerprint your handle to see if there is other fingerprints besides family members that live there?
    I doubt they would waste the resources for something like this.

I'd talk to the police to see what they suggest, and perhaps call the higher up people at their church. I'd probably also ask that they stop coming to your house full stop.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (19-03-2012)