+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 20 months and still wakes up 1-2 nights a week. Working full time, it's hard!!! But something that worked for me was just giving up on the notion of sleeping through. I now just accept that he WILL NEVER sleep through (), and it kind of makes it a bit easier for me...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bottle-fed babe started sleeping through at 9 weeks. I think it was with the help of 2 things:

- a book called 12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks Old (bought it on Amazon), it's a really SIMPLE routine book. Easier than Gina Ford's.

- and when we started putting her in a Wrap Me Up rather than swaddling her, that's the first night she slept through.

Try to teach her the difference between day and night. Day sleeps should be in a lighter room, and dark room at night. Start a bedtime routine: bath, massage, bottle then bed and stick to the same time every night (eg 6pm bath, then bottle, the 7pm bed).

It's really important to not let them "snack" on the bottles. Don't give them half a bottle every hour or 2. Give them the full size appropriate for their age, every 3-4 hours. My bub is 15 months now so I've forgotten what age you should start thinking about that, maybe 3 weeks is too soon. I was conscious of snacking at about 6 weeks I'm pretty sure.

Anyway buy the book and wrap and good luck!

And congratulations on your little cherub. These first few weeks are hard work but you'll get there soon!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Angiepop  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS 24 months and DD 11 months have never slept through.

Sleep deprivation really is awful I know.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm also a lone parent of a 3 year old, and my baby is 7 months old. The older one still wakes frequently. The baby usually does a big stretch from 7pm til 1am, and then wakes about 3 and then often cluster feeds from 4 til 8. Breastfeeding and cosleeping make it manageable. The hormones from breastfeeding help a lot with getting back to sleep and staying calm generally.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Regularly? Three and a half years old.

Co-sleeping would have been GREAT for me. I was up and down so much in the night. Unfortunately my awful losertron ex-husband insisted in having baby in his own room.

Big hugs, sleep deprivation sucks. I used to catch extra zz's anywhere i could - even resorted to locking myself in the loo at work and setting a timer on my phone for 20 minutes and sleeping sitting on the closed loo seat...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS: 3 months
    DD: 2 years

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs!

My DS still doesn't solidly sleep through at 20mo, but thats not to say that your bubs won't.

At 3 weeks bubs is probably cluster feeding in preparation of a growth spurt, which from memory occurs at around 3-4 weeks then again at 5-6 weeks. Generally after these two big growth spurts, they start sleeping more solidly and stretching out to 5-6 hours between feeds overnight.

If you are BFing, let bubs cluster feed to promote your supply so you have enough to feed when the growth spurt hits. If FFing, you can go and chat to your pharmacy about formula that is designed for nighttime feeds that keep bubs feeling fuller longer. HTHs

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ds started sleeping through at 6 weeks but have had a few nights where he wakes up once or twice. he is a terrible sleeper during the day though. usually only sleeps for about 1 hour all day so pretty much passes out of a night.