+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Around 4 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 is 2 and still wakes up.

Ds2 is 5 months and started sleeping thru about 3 weeks ago. But I think he is teething and has started waking again.

I think it's just luck of the draw really :-((((

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 9 weeks she's started sleeping 12 hrs straight at night. From the day we brought her home I have followed some loose rules. Bathtime/face washer clean at around the same time every night (5ish) then try to put her down for her night time sleep at 6-7pm. After that time no bright lights, loud noises or much eye contact and definitely no play time. I use a love-to-dream wrap so she feels nice and secure. We also have blackout blinds in her room so not much light can get in when the sun comes up.

Moving her from the bassinet in our room to her own room helped a LOT also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine all slept through from 3 years.

The worst stage for mine was between 6 months and 18 months.

I did get used to the lack of sleep. The first 4 months with DD1 I thought I was going to die, but I did get used to it. And it does end eventually It has too.

Even now I don't need as much sleep as before kids, so comes in handy after awhile.

I hope you get some more rest soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 9 week old twins who go to bed at 6-7 and wake for feed between 12 and 3 am then again at 6-7am. I follow a very strict night routine of dark room, soothing music and limited stimulation. Also the best thing I brought were the wrap me up swaddled.. As soon as they are put on bubs quieten down and pretty much goes straight to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 3.5 and still wakes through the night.

I co-slept when he was younger to make life easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jascar View Post
    I dont think any baby sleeps through at 3 weeks but I would start trying to help bubs to work out night and day cause they dont seem to automatically know this. During the day make sure it's always bright and loud and play with baby when he is awake. At night feed baby in as dark a room as possible, dont talk to him when changing his nappy and try your best to put him back down.... this often wont work so maybe rock him in a dark room without speaking.
    Hopefully he will work out day and night soon and go a few more hours without waking.

^^ this

Also, sounds like but may be cluster feeding at night. Maybe see if bub will feed more often during day or early evening to try and encourage a little longer between feeds. Bub may be up for a wonder week soon as well, so things may get a bit rough, but will improve after a few days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS first slept through at 8 weeks. He's four months now and hasn't slept through for almost a month now... it comes and goes. Remember that they are just babies and have small tummies! And you're not doing anything wrong if they're not sleeping through

We do things like keep him room dark at night, don't talk to him when he's having a night feed, we just keep it very quiet and relaxed, a feed and cuddle and back to bed. It didn't take him too long to figure out the difference between night and day, he started sleeping for longer stretches at night (ie maybe 5 hours between evening feed and first night feed) at about three weeks.

I found it really stressful when we were trying to get DS to sleep through. Every night we'd do something different, we'd try to keep him up a bit longer to make him more tired, or we'd top him up with a bottle of EBM before bed etc. When I realised that he was fine and that we weren't doing the wrong thing if he didn't sleep through, I felt so much better. Now I just go with the flow.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night-waking is normal in babies and young children, ESPECIALLY newborns! Please try not to worry too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He gradually reduced his feeds and slept through at 2 (years).

I found that co-sleeping was our saviour as I didn't have to disturb my sleep as much. I breastfed, but can you make up a bottle and keep it by the bed so you don't have to fully wake up?

(sorry, I only read the OP so you might have subsequently dealt with a suggestion like this).

Those newborn days are tough. Hugs.